IGNORED

On the beach already…?

HappyClapper

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

As per title. Too much apathy for me. No two footed tackles or even a cross word or two.

Come on OTIB. The match day thread is barely 10 pages. Cornick is being quietly defended and the state of the pitch being mused over. 
That’s not what I log on Saturday nights for. 

I don't think that the team today could be accused of apathy. The last few months has been encouraging  but just not clicked.It's almost like it's guaranteed that if some players are are the top of their game then others are found sadly wanting. We rarely have everyone playing badly or playing well as a unit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Thought against Swansea I said I thought some players were on the beach but I thought today the effort was deffo there but we were just so wasteful and made some poor decisions whilst on the ball

Same old problem, no real threat in the final third. Loads of crosses but for what reason because there is no one there able to get their head on them. It is truly a massive transfer window for us this summer. NP has got to make us a real threat in the final third as well shore up the defence and presumably replacing Scott. His job gets no easier.

14 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

As per title. Too much apathy for me. No two footed tackles or even a cross word or two.

Come on OTIB. The match day thread is barely 10 pages. Cornick is being quietly defended and the state of the pitch being mused over. 
That’s not what I log on Saturday nights for. 

You've got a long wait now, mate, til August. And about ten minutes into the first game, when we go 0:1 down to Sheffield Wednesday, or Ipswich. Then things will liven up a little again

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sunningdalered said:

Well I thought OTC was so out of his depth today he was like a ballperson who had mistakenly stayed on the pitch when the game started. Could easily have been pulled after 20 mins. ?

That better? 

I thought he moved the ball well yesterday, one of the few players to control and pass at a good tempo.  Little opportunity to get about their midfield in his ratty-style, because Reading bypassed it!

I thought he gave a good account of himself, and didn’t undermine the team.  Not saying we didn’t miss Alex Scott, but I thought OTC did fine.  Don’t think heavy pitch helped him, like a few players.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he moved the ball well yesterday, one of the few players to control and pass at a good tempo.  Little opportunity to get about their midfield in his ratty-style, because Reading bypassed it!

I thought he gave a good account of himself, and didn’t undermine the team.  Not saying we didn’t miss Alex Scott, but I thought OTC did fine.  Don’t think heavy pitch helped him, like a few players.

Very early days for Omar and he made a few mistakes, like heading the ball back into our box when two Reading players were lurking nearby. However, considering the learning curve he's on, I'm reasonably satisfied with how he conducted his game.  He's there due to injuries only, but I don't think Pearson would see yesterday as a backward step in the young man's progression. 

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he played well too. Seems to have settled well

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny how we see things differently. The paper gave him a 7 too, but to me I just noticed masses of mistakes, schoolboyish miscontrols and dangerous lunges. I accepted he needed the experience but thought he looked like a non leaguer.

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Funny how we see things differently. The paper gave him a 7 too, but to me I just noticed masses of mistakes, schoolboyish miscontrols and dangerous lunges. I accepted he needed the experience but thought he looked like a non leaguer.

Yes, a couple / few poor touches, losing possession, but all our players did that throughout the game, probably with the exception of Conway who was pretty much touch-perfect.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he (OTC) reached the heights of a 7 though, but thought he earned his corn (6/10)which is no bad thing.  

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I got it! And I’m hungover on a coach on the M4 back to London 

Living in London umm good luck on that one , love to visit London and work there but don’t think I could live there 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 08:53, Son of Fred said:

Scott & Sykes out there & we win the match....let alone Naismith & Kalas.

Add in Atkinson and Williams and we've got 5/6 starters out, more than half the first choice team.

Plus Benarous would certainly be playing now with Williams, Naysmith, Scott and Sykes out. He may well have been playing anyway.

All things considered Nige is doing well to patch together a team which is at least competitive, if perhaps lacking in creativity and a bit uninspiring to watch.

We obviously need reinforcements so we can only hope that we get positive news this week on Naysmith and Scott, as well as James being confirmed as available. 

• Flames 1

On 02/04/2023 at 08:53, Son of Fred said:

Scott & Sykes out there & we win the match....let alone Naismith & Kalas.

Atkinson & Williams being available (Pring playing at LB as a result) would have done us no harm, either.

It was frustrating but as we are as near as dammit safe, are currently fielding a bench largely of kids, plus Cornick, Wilson & King then it’s not too surprising.

I didn’t detect any lack of effort, just quality (Dasilva in particular overhit so many passes when under no pressure), plus we are giving the likes of Taylor-Clarke opportunities in games where we are still competitive.

The rain & rugby didn’t help it but the pitch wasn’t great, either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, a couple / few poor touches, losing possession, but all our players did that throughout the game, probably with the exception of Conway who was pretty much touch-perfect.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he (OTC) reached the heights of a 7 though, but thought he earned his corn (6/10)which is no bad thing.  

Agree, thought he was tidy if nothing more. Certainly happy for him to be part of the senior squad next season based on what I've seen so far. Seems to have a good range of passing.