IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

54 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Already looking a tougher championship next season, some big clubs coming up and down 

Maybe but not necessarily. Burnley were the least fancied of last seasons relegated clubs but have proved to be magnificent champions, while fancied Norwich have been very disappointing. I expect a lot of squad changes, especially if as likely Southampton and Leicester get relegated. Can't see star players like James Ward-Prowse or James Maddison not getting offers to keep playing in the Premier League. Promoted clubs are harder to guage. Ipswich could be useful but I don't see Plymouth being a major player next year. 

A soft penalty for Forest. I'm not arguing that by the laws of the game it's a penalty, contact was made, but I always feel penalties of this nature are soft. Brennan Johnson does get his toe to the ball before Maitland-Niles but only barely and is coming from behind. He is at full stretch and in no way in control of the ball, and is not setting up an opportunity by passing to a teammate. 

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A soft penalty for Forest. I'm not arguing that by the laws of the game it's a penalty, contact was made, but I always feel penalties of this nature are soft. Brennan Johnson does get his toe to the ball before Maitland-Niles but only barely and is coming from behind. He is at full stretch and in no way in control of the ball, and is not setting up an opportunity by passing to a teammate. 

It’s a funny one isn’t it?  Johnson, you could argue “obstructs” AMN.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Maybe but not necessarily. Burnley were the least fancied of last seasons relegated clubs but have proved to be magnificent champions, while fancied Norwich have been very disappointing. I expect a lot of squad changes, especially if as likely Southampton and Leicester get relegated. Can't see star players like James Ward-Prowse or James Maddison not getting offers to keep playing in the Premier League. Promoted clubs are harder to guage. Ipswich could be useful but I don't see Plymouth being a major player next year. 

I think Watford and West Brom will both be better next season and I think the teams coming down will be stronger than the ones going up bar possibly Southampton.  As much as it pains me to say,  I think Ipswich with the momentum they have will be very comfortable next season and won’t be in a relegation battle, Plymouth will depend on the loans they bring in, but have a manager who I’d have here after NP so whilst i don’t think they will do as well as Ipswich, i have a feeling they may stay up. Obviously just my opinion and i could well be off the mark so we will see, on the other hand, i don’t see the likes of Luton doing as well next season. 

Leicester are done now, Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham are their final games, I can't see them getting a point from any of those games so I'd say Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. Leeds being my third as they too have Newcastle and West Ham but they could potentially survive the last game of the season if Tottenham implode as they tend to do. 

I kind of wanted Everton to come down, they've been so poorly run in the last few years that they kind of deserve it and it would obviously be huge when you consider they've only played 4 seasons out of the top flight in their history but that win yesterday came out of Nowhere and I'm failing to see Leeds and Leicester pick up any more points without there being some crazy results like yesterday's matches. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Leicester are done now, Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham are their final games, I can't see them getting a point from any of those games so I'd say Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. Leeds being my third as they too have Newcastle and West Ham but they could potentially survive the last game of the season if Tottenham implode as they tend to do. 

I kind of wanted Everton to come down, they've been so poorly run in the last few years that they kind of deserve it and it would obviously be huge when you consider they've only played 4 seasons out of the top flight in their history but that win yesterday came out of Nowhere and I'm failing to see Leeds and Leicester pick up any more points without there being some crazy results like yesterday's matches. 

You could argue that Everton are the poorest technical side down there BUT they do have heart and fight to partially make up for it, something more lacking with Leeds and Leicester recently. Leicester are a disgrace when you look at the ability in that squad. Forest are the strange one, don’t know what they will bring from one game to the next.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

West Brom improve? Are you sure. On one level I agree but otoh...

A huge fall in income of £25-35m as the Parachute Payments end and potential cash flow issues.

I’m Absolutely not sure, they just seem to be one of those clubs that find a way. That’s my only reasoning which i admit is flimsy at best ??

• Like 1

This weekend just gone feels like it has had a big impact on the relegation battle, but we know what being over confident in the run in can do. 
Leicester - Liverpool (H) Newcastle (A) WHU (H) .
Liverpool brilliant on their day, shocking when not,
WHU ? Who knows

Everton - Man C (H) Wolves (A) Bournemouth (H)
Man C well.... Wolves have come good and Bournemouth hit & miss.
Easier run in and a 2 point lead , but worse GD. 

It feels like one of these two will make the third place with Southampton done and Leeds looking likely to follow. 
I wanted Everton to come down, but that win could be massive for them confidence wise. The Man C game will be interesting, get hammered and all that confidence could fade quickly. A good performance and even a close defeat could see them have enough to edge away.

50 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I’m Absolutely not sure, they just seem to be one of those clubs that find a way. That’s my only reasoning which i admit is flimsy at best ??

Fair, I know what you mean..feared they would sneak into the playoffs. Then keep the yoyo gravy train rolling by winning them!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This weekend just gone feels like it has had a big impact on the relegation battle, but we know what being over confident in the run in can do. 
Leicester - Liverpool (H) Newcastle (A) WHU (H) .
Liverpool brilliant on their day, shocking when not,
WHU ? Who knows

Everton - Man C (H) Wolves (A) Bournemouth (H)
Man C well.... Wolves have come good and Bournemouth hit & miss.
Easier run in and a 2 point lead , but worse GD. 

It feels like one of these two will make the third place with Southampton done and Leeds looking likely to follow. 
I wanted Everton to come down, but that win could be massive for them confidence wise. The Man C game will be interesting, get hammered and all that confidence could fade quickly. A good performance and even a close defeat could see them have enough to edge away.

Leicester really messed up not winning that game with Everton. It was manic but from where I sat they should have nicked it 3-2. The missed penalty (as well as the one yesterday) is huge.

Everton look likely to stay up now, although their run in is far from easy and it's certainly possible that they don't get another point from those three. With the goal difference that means Leicester could go above Everton with just two draws and a loss from their final 3.

Actually Leicester's run in is statistically easier than Everton's.

Honestly 34 points, or 33 + good GD, looks like the new target. Incredibly low threshold this season.

• Like 1

Three penalties at Elland Road, Leeds miss one, Newcastle score two. Leeds have just equalized with 10+ to go. 

Does it sound daft to say that I hate Leeds so much I don't want them relegated? I don't want them in our league, the ideal scenario would be us to replace them at the end of next season.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1