IGNORED

Is it official news if it hasn't been on the official club site?

W-S-M Seagull

57 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Only one man can answer this..

@Robbored

The only time that I read the OS is during the two windows. There’s always plenty of wild speculation and rumour on here that means bugger all…………:dunno:

A player joining or leaving City is only 100% fact when it’s announced on the OS.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

The only time that I read the OS is during the two windows. There’s always plenty of wild speculation and rumour on here that means bugger all…………:dunno:

A player joining or leaving City is only 100% fact when it’s announced on the OS.

That is totally and utterly rubbish.

A player joining or leaving is 100% fact when the paperwork is concluded. The fact that there may be a delay in publishing it on the OS does not make it fact- it makes it public.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

A player joining or leaving is 100% fact when the paperwork is concluded. The fact that there may be a delay in publishing it on the OS does not make it fact- it makes it public.

We fans are not privy to the paperwork and only get to know about any player movement when it’s announced on the OS. Whether that announcement is 24 hrs after the paperwork is concluded means nothing.

For us supporters it’s only fact when the deal is confirmed on the OS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

We fans are not privy to the paperwork and only get to know about any player movement when it’s announced on the OS. Whether that announcement is 24 hrs after the paperwork is concluded means nothing.

However did we manage before the internet? I guess we used to believe the Evening Post in those days?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

For most supporters, yep, for others not so.

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Some people are able to critically analyse information from a range of sources and make their own informed judgment call on its credibility.

Some people appear to have skipped that day at school.

Wild speculation and rumour in other words………….:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Wild speculation and rumour in other words………….:cool2:

RR...you do realise that there are people who are either related, close friends or work in the professional game that are privy to information before it's announced to the general public?

• Like 4

• Admin
6 minutes ago, spudski said:

RR...you do realise that there are people who are either related, close friends or work in the professional game that are privy to information before it's announced to the general public?

I was going to say something similar - often hear about things before they are on the OS

The OS at the end of the day only releases info on signings after all the media stuff is done which is often not even on the same day as the actual signing is done

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I remember my Dad buying the Greenun in the city centre after games. It did impress me that they would have a photo from early in the game I had just watched in the flesh. A messy read though, like the ink was still wet.

A friend of mine had a similar problem with some of his magazines only they kept sticking together..... 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ffs…………….et tu Spudski? 

Regardless family or ‘friend of a friend”  connections until the incoming/outgoing are confirmed on the OS it still remains speculation and rumour - there may well be something in whatever rumour but until it’s officially announced it means nothing.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ffs…………….et tu Spudski? 

Regardless family or ‘friend of a friend”  connections until the incoming/outgoing are confirmed on the OS it still remains speculation and rumour - there may well be something in whatever rumour but until it’s officially announced it means nothing.

Why does it have to be so binary? Do you understand what it means to critically analyse information?

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ffs…………….et tu Spudski? 

Why the FFS RR? Are you on a wind up? 

So a player signs...and his father and family know he's signed. And you think it's still speculation or rumour until it's in the OS!!! That's complete madness. 

I was once in a relationship with a lass who's family member was a football agent. I got told of goings on, way before anything was announced. Some never announced. Players and managers would often rock up to their house, and I got to meet them. 

By your reckoning I should never believe anything, even if I witnessed it first hand, until it published publicly. ?

There are many people that are in similar situations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

RR is 'technically' correct.

In the same way that if you saw a car speeding towards you when you're crossing the road until you go through the windscreen you've not 'officially' been run over even though it was fairly obvious 50 yards before.

That's not true though is it. 

If a player signs...that's official. The paperwork is done. 

He's officially signed. 

When a club choose to make an announcement to the public...that information doesn't make it ' official'. 

Many people will know a player has officially signed before it's made public. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

He's officially signed. 

When a club choose to make an announcement to the public...that information doesn't make it ' official'. 

As is the way these days of making the announcement at time when it will get more online traction, it’s often the case a player will have signed his contact and trained with his new team mates before the signing gets announced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's officially signed. 

As I'm sure Cardiff and the Sala situation would attest, an announcement on the official site doesn't mean squat, if Cardiff's lawyers are to be believed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's officially signed. 

Of course many people will know before any transfer is confirmed - those that are involved in the deal. Agents, managers, CEO’s to name just three.

I knew that Wilkshire was joining before the deal was announced. The late Colin Sexstone told me. I didn’t post that information on here because I saw it as confidential. I also knew that Marcus Stewart was signing before it became official for the same reason.

What I find amusing is the so say unreliable ‘sources’ on social media and yet we see so many crop on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

As I'm sure Cardiff and the Sala situation would attest, an announcement on the official site doesn't mean squat, if Cardiff's lawyers are to be believed.

Or, slightly longer ago and less tragically, the Bristol City example of Emad Meteb

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Explain………

Your no1 favourite poster has done you the honour!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ffs…………….et tu Spudski? 

Wrong.

So, in effect you are of the belief that there is no time period between deals being signed and announcement going on the OS.

How naive.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Your no1 favourite poster has done you the honour!

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Wrong.

So, in effect you are of the belief that there is no time period between deals being signed and announcement going on the OS.

How naive.

I’m not saying that at all - as Spudski said many people will know about impending transfers but we as fans aren’t privy to various elements of deals - they are strictly confidential.

The only way that we fans know for certain that Joe Bloggs has signed for us is when it’s confirmed on the OS. I’m struggling to understand why anyone would question that fact……..……..:dunno:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not saying that at all - as Spudski said many people will know about impending transfers but we as fans aren’t privy to various elements of deals - they are strictly confidential.

The only way that we fans know for certain that Joe Bloggs has signed for us is when it’s confirmed on the OS. I’m struggling to understand why anyone would question that fact……..……..:dunno:

That’s not a fact though. 

• Haha 1