IGNORED

Vyner - year extension option activated

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think NP is totally correct in saying that one good season isn't grounds for a huge increase in salary.

We've all seen many times players who have a stellar season or great loan period who then regress back to how they were. For me, Zak was never good enough to be an automatic choice in the Championship prior to last season, too many lapses of concentration and too many mistakes for his age and experience. I'd be very wary of offering him a 3 year deal on greatly improved wages if I were NP.

If he feels that he is worth more then he should test the market, which he is obviously doing. At 26, if he can get a better deal elsewhere he should take it.

Either way, best of luck to him.

You mean Taylor Moore don’t you!!!  In TM’s case it was a good 15-18 games!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is  one of many.

Incidentally, it looks like he's currently without a club after playing 42 games in L1 last season and over 200 games covering L2, L1, Championship, SPL, and Ligues 1&2 in France. He got pilloried as per Vyner for a few mistakes here, but seems to be having a decent enough career. He'll find a club at a good level soon enough imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He is  one of many.

Incidentally, it looks like he's currently without a club after playing 42 games in L1 last season and over 200 games covering L2, L1, Championship, SPL, and Ligues 1&2 in France. He got pilloried as per Vyner for a few mistakes here, but seems to be having a decent enough career. He'll find a club at a good level soon enough imo.

In fairness I think TM suffered from often being the one sacrificed to have to play left side.  I thought he was ok central or right side.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don't remember it being that many, there again I never rated TM highly.

If there's no future for him at Shrewsbury now Cott's has gone, and he likes this area, he may end up at Rovers I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If there's no future for him at Shrewsbury now Cott's has gone, and he likes this area, he may end up at Rovers I suppose.

I'm pretty sure a more professional club than that tinpot little outfit will be offering him a contract.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It probably wasn’t 15-18 games in reality, but that spell alongside Ashley Williams in a four was imho he best spell for City.

If Vyner was to come onto the market what would we get? I'd rather we don't sell btw.

Collins was £11-12m from Stoke, summer 2021. Element of FFP of course, had a contract until 2024. Is he an International of some kind?

Souttar was £15m from Stoke January 2023. Had 2.5 years left on deal and had just played in World Cup with Australia.

Dara O'Shea with 2 years left, but we know West Brom have the uncertainty about ownership and how reliable they are let's say, as well as MSD and Parachute Payments. Reportedly £7m fee. Ireland international.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm pretty sure a more professional club than that tinpot little outfit will be offering him a contract.

An offer from a middling L1 club is likely to be the best he can hope for, and if that turns out to be Rovers I suspect he'd jump at it.

He's been over rated - and therefore overpaid imo - for years. Perhaps due to his unusual background and his engaging personality he was given extra leeway by club and fans and there was always the hope he'd come good, but he never did.

NP made his mind up on TM very quickly. For a fee said to be 1.5m back in 2016 he was a really poor signing by Johnson and Ashton.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If Vyner was to come onto the market what would we get? I'd rather we don't sell btw.

Collins was £11-12m from Stoke, summer 2021. Element of FFP of course, had a contract until 2024. Is he an International of some kind?

Souttar was £15m from Stoke January 2023. Had 2.5 years left on deal and had just played in World Cup with Australia.

Dara O'Shea with 2 years left, but we know West Brom have the uncertainty about ownership and how reliable they are let's say, as well as MSD and Parachute Payments. Reportedly £7m fee. Ireland international.

Depends who wants to buy him!

Similar(ish) club to us - see Rob Dickie - somewhere between £0.5m - £1.5m settling around £1.0m

Big Champ club - probably a little bit more

PL club - £2.0m

My guesstimates only.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't know, but not much imo.

What do you think?

• Like 1

It's a tricky one because if an offer was too low then retaining him might be advisable.  He seems the type of personality who would still give 100% with the added factor that he would want to either impress other clubs or show by his performances he was worthy of an improved offer here. Balanced against that, NP puts commitment into the equation when trying to build a team togetherness mentality so anything above 500k might well be accepted.   More so, if releasing him helped secure the likes of Jason Knight in the absence of any sale of Alex Scott.

I think Zak performed impressively when we switched to a back four but his positioning in a three gave far too much space on the right and was a factor in why so many goals were conceded when playing with that formation.  It's a pity if he goes as he has pace and athleticism and is the type of player who fits in with the current recruitment criteria plus he is improving and, as a centre-half, is coming into what should be his best years.

6 hours ago, Jeez said:

Not sure how accurate this is to go by, but can see Zak & Cam would be looking for a significant uplift based on their contribution last season.

DA4755AD-3394-4647-AAB3-DF22ECB16A0F.thumb.jpeg.9196fd34a2f7897622c233ca907c5cb6.jpeg

That Cornick figure hurts to look at. Benarous being on more than Vyner would be interesting too.

2 hours ago, BCFCAL said:

That Cornick figure hurts to look at. Benarous being on more than Vyner would be interesting too.

Seeing as it starts with the fantasy that Matty James is on more than Kalas ever was, I fail to understand why anyone would believe any of it.

As for the point about Vyner & Pring I think the poster above is spot on, both feel that their offers don’t reflect their contributions so either we increase them or they will leave in time.

Understand both would prefer to stay though.