IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve watched a couple of 90s and some highlights too…set todays to record.

So far looks pretty poor. Looks like he would get caught every time they play inside down the right. 

Gets caught for pace and does not track his runner.

It’s against Celtic and maybe he is not interested as leaving.

He is not £2m worth looking at this so far. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We’ve just been name-checked as interested in McCrorie.

I like McCrorie the more I watch….leggy player but uses both feet which is good.

Looks good technically and seems two footed as you mention.

I don't think RWB is a position that particularly suits him, but he's defending ok apart from one time where he let his man drift goal side and he hasn't been able to go forward much due to Aberdeen being pegged back with an absent midfield.

Difficult to formulate an opinion after seeing him for just 45 minutes and with him playing in a position in which he's unlikely to feature with us.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Better Red said:

So far looks pretty poor. Looks like he would get caught every time they play inside down the right. 

Gets caught for pace and does not track his runner.

It’s against Celtic and maybe he is not interested as leaving.

He is not £2m worth looking at this so far. 

"Semenyo is not a striker"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

Watching this match is like watching football on fast forward - it’s so fast and frantic. Aberdeen are overwhelmed with incessant Celtic attacks and whenever they win the ball they almost immediately give it away … on two or three occasions their keeper has kicked from his hands straight to Joe Hart!

Against this backdrop, McCrorie has been ok but not exceptional though the same description applies to most of the Aberdeen players (except the ones who are crap!). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Watching this match is like watching football on fast forward - it’s so fast and frantic. Aberdeen are overwhelmed with incessant Celtic attacks and whenever they win the ball they almost immediately give it away … on two or three occasions their keeper has kicked from his hands straight to Joe Hart!

Against this backdrop, McCrorie has been ok but not exceptional though the same description applies to most of the Aberdeen players (except the ones who are crap!). 

Think most games in Scotland when they play against the old firm must be like this, basically like a side promoted into the Prem then facing Arsenal or Liverpool, you get about 25% possession & it is a constant game of defending.

He’s been ok, won a fair few headers on the diagonal from goal kicks but as has been pointed out above, we don’t play wing backs & so he’s not going to play there.

Reminds me a bit of Bradley Orr, which isn’t a bad thing.

• Like 4

Well we just got a mention as McCrorie got subbed off but based on todays game I'm not excited by what I saw, that said Aberdeen as a team have been pretty lacklustre so it will be hard to shine in that kind of performance.

Just now, Spike said:

Well we just got a mention as McCrorie got subbed off but based on todays game I'm not excited by what I saw, that said Aberdeen as a team have been pretty lacklustre so it will be hard to shine in that kind of performance.

First time he’s been subbed off all season….announce Ross McCrorie (imho).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To whom you were replying…pretty much all Celtic’s threat / chances came down the inside of Hayes on the other side, nor down Aberdeen’s right.

The poster to whom he replied famously said this & refused to back down, despite the mounting evidence.

McCrorie just subbed off, think he’ll be here soon.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

One player who has impressed me is Matt O'Riley for Celtic.

22 years old midfielder signed from MK Dons for 1.5m, good signing for Celtic.

Yes, lovely passer.

Just now, GrahamC said:

The poster to whom he replied famously said this & refused to back down, despite the mounting evidence.

McCrorie just subbed off, think he’ll be here soon.

Oh, I know!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spike said:

Especially as he played as a makeshift RWB which he won't be doing here.

Aberdeen have been woeful, really poor.

Just now, Better Red said:

Seymenyo still not scored 10 goals in a season.

Keep believing he is a Striker….

Of course I am wrong.

Well, the pros paid £10m for him…I’ll go with their view over your thanks.

Plus “your” definition of a striker is shit.  There you go.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s scored 10 this season.

7 league goals. 

6 for us and 1 for Bournemouth

Prolific…  

Ok/Good return for a winger and that is what he is. Wide forward if you prefer and that makes it easier.

But not a Striker

I will post up tomorrow unless he gets a hat trick… Thanks for reminding me

For context, Aberdeen finished the season in third place - 42 points behind the champions and 35 points behind second place; Marley Watkins was their striker today.

No doubt McCrorie will need time to settle in down south and to get used to the level of the Championship. We’re going to need to give him time to adapt and as supporters, set our expectations accordingly. 

• Like 4

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

For context, Aberdeen finished the season in third place - 42 points behind the champions and 35 points behind second place; Marley Watkins was their striker today.

No doubt McCrorie will need time to settle in down south and to get used to the level of the Championship. We’re going to need to give him time to adapt and as supporters, set our expectations accordingly. 

I’m tuning up my booing voice ready for his first game already 

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Can't get any closer to a two horse race.

Celtic finish with +80 goal difference

Rangers with +60

Aberdeen 3rd with -4

Hearts 4th with +6

Hibs 5th with -2

St. Mirren 6th with -18

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Better Red said:

7 league goals. 

6 for us and 1 for Bournemouth

Prolific…  

Ok/Good return for a winger and that is what he is. Wide forward if you prefer and that makes it easier.

But not a Striker

I will post up tomorrow unless he gets a hat trick… Thanks for reminding me

So only league goals count now, eh?

What a sad **** you are.

Semenyo is a Prem player now, whatever you think.

I’m fairly confident he’s not going to score a hat trick tomorrow, he’s injured.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

Hi all, 

been a while, as previous post Bryan & Mcorie are both done. We are not in for the AFC Wimbledon striker & we are extremely close to bringing in a championship centre back. 

have a great weekend, be patient & enjoy the sunshine. 

COYR

But…..explain the Wiles-Richards info please shagger ??? 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yeah , that’s going to happen with some of the belters on here ? 

• Like 2