IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

For context, Aberdeen finished the season in third place - 42 points behind the champions and 35 points behind second place; Marley Watkins was their striker today.

No doubt McCrorie will need time to settle in down south and to get used to the level of the Championship. We’re going to need to give him time to adapt and as supporters, set our expectations accordingly. 

I imagine John McGinn wasn’t too far off a similar place for Hibs before signing for Villa…

Turned out alright. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

For context, Aberdeen finished the season in third place - 42 points behind the champions and 35 points behind second place; Marley Watkins was their striker today.

No doubt McCrorie will need time to settle in down south and to get used to the level of the Championship. We’re going to need to give him time to adapt and as supporters, set our expectations accordingly. 

For info, he’s played further south in his career already, played in a Lg1 playoff campaign for Pompey a few seasons back on loan from Rangers.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So only league goals count now, eh?

What a sad **** you are.

Semenyo is a Prem player now, whatever you think.

I’m fairly confident he’s not going to score a hat trick tomorrow, he’s injured.

Do you mean a said ‘right’ ****

Always been League goals

Bentley is in the Prem but that don’t make him a ‘Striker’ 

Not my fault he is injured…

Just now, Better Red said:

Do you mean a said ‘right’ ****

Always been League goals

Bentley is in the Prem but that don’t make him a ‘Striker’ 

Not my fault he is injured…

Hasn’t always been league goals, just look at Haaland, everyone talks about how many goals in total this season with only a brief mention as to how many in each competition. 

You’re talking shite again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Hasn’t always been league goals, just look at Haaland, everyone talks about how many goals in total this season with only a brief mention as to how many in each competition. 

You’re talking shite again. 

I will be talking ‘shite’ when he scores 10 goals in a season.

Surely not to much to ask for a ‘Striker’….

Of course if he can’t  quiet manage that, then maybe, just maybe i am right…

He has not done it for last 2 seasons.

But let’s not let the facts get in the way.

Lets see what he does next year and the year after and the year after.

He has plenty of time to prove me wrong. 

But until then it’s not my fault.

All I did was say what I saw.  He does not look a player who has the composure in front of goal to score enough goals to be considered a Striker.

All I said is I think he is a player who will play in a wide 3.

Two years later and nothing has changed my mind.

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

All I did was say what I saw.  He does not look a player who has the composure in front of goal to score enough goals to be considered a Striker.

It’s a sign of a weak man when they can’t admit they were wrong. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t laugh, I had a teammate who went off after 65-70 mins at Taunton Town, because he had a train to catch to London for a rave!

I can't laugh Dave as I'm sure you've told this tale fairly recently!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So only league goals count now, eh?

What a sad **** you are.

Semenyo is a Prem player now, whatever you think.

I’m fairly confident he’s not going to score a hat trick tomorrow, he’s injured.

Lads, lads, lads, we can all get along. Why make enemies out of fellow City mad ****ers?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Better Red said:

Christ.

15 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It’s a sign of a weak man when they can’t admit they were wrong. 

I ain’t…

Always said if he scores 10 goals I will change the title of the post.

That’s because I am big enough to admit  it when I am wrong.

At the moment I am ‘not’

Also note - it’s not me that brings up the post. 

It’s sad **** as someone as called them.

12 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Lads, lads, lads, we can all get along. Why make enemies out of fellow City mad ****ers?

I never bring the post up.

I just respond

I never call anyone anything rude  in a post.

We all have different opinions and that is a big part of OTIB the debate.

Unfortunately a few on here don’t get that and result to name calling and abuse.

16 hours ago, Better Red said:

So you are not talking shite if he gets 9, but you are talking shite if he gets 10?

Out of curiosity, why is he called a striker by you if he gets 10 goals in one season but he isn't if he gets 9? He would have got 10+ this season if he didn't get transferred but I guess that doesn't suit.

If we use your metric is say Mo Eisa more of a striker than Semenyo, and also more of a striker than Alvarez for Man City (if he doesn't score today he will only have 9 for the season)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheReds said:

So you are not talking shite if he gets 9, but you are talking shite if he gets 10?

Out of curiosity, why is he called a striker by you if he gets 10 goals in one season but he isn't if he gets 9? He would have got 10+ this season if he didn't get transferred but I guess that doesn't suit.

If we use your metric is say Mo Eisa more of a striker than Semenyo, and also more of a striker than Alvarez for Man City (if he doesn't score today he will only have 9 for the season)?

Basically it’s a OTIBer doubling down on a ridiculous statement a while back.  Think he likes to troll, hence why I find it better to just put them on ignore.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Basically it’s a OTIBer doubling down on a ridiculous statement a while back.  Think he likes to troll, hence why I find it better to just put them on ignore.  

But don't criticise him Dave or he plays the victim card. "Oh the nasty people on OTIB, won't let me make a statement and defend it in a completely arrogant manner, aren't they mean and vicious?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Better Red said:

I never bring the post up.

I just respond

I never call anyone anything rude  in a post.

We all have different opinions and that is a big part of OTIB the debate.

Unfortunately a few on here don’t get that and result to name calling and abuse.

Well said my friend, SK

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think there were plenty of rude, accusational posts initially.  

Wrong.

I just said he ain’t a Striker.

Only reason you posted above is because you disagree with my post.

Thats fine I don’t have a problem with that.

Find a post where I am name calling  or using rude derogatory words about others - It will be pretty difficult to find.

I will just thank people for their feedback when they do it to me.

But thank you for your feedback

17 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Wrong.

I just said he ain’t a Striker.

Only reason you posted above is because you disagree with my post.

Thats fine I don’t have a problem with that.

Find a post where I am name calling  or using rude derogatory words about others - It will be pretty difficult to find.

I will just thank people for their feedback when they do it to me.

But thank you for your feedback

It’s because your definition is firstly “your own definition” that moves in its definition to suit your opinion.  It’s more the arrogance and changing nature that annoys posters on here

- can’t score goals

- doesn’t score enough goals

- needs to get 10

- needs to get 10 league goals

What is the next milestone he has to hit?

His goals per minute over the last two seasons playing central with City are at a level that most people would recognise as being pretty decent for a “centre-forward” / “striker”.

IMG_7469.thumb.jpeg.a900b71953a2eacf4791a11115a5c3f9.jpegIMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.63e9519a9b5fa315dbc70c6f756afed1.jpeg

Ive not included his international goal, but 17 goals in less than 4000 minutes, let alone all the other stuff he does as a striker in his all-round game, plus a £10m transfer to a higher league probably means a people think he’s a decent “striker”.

And not ever, ever, ever, getting 10 PL goals in a season, is irrelevant…the comments were made on the basis of Antoine as a Championship player, just beginning to break through as a central striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s because your definition is firstly “your own definition” that moves in its definition to suit your opinion.  It’s more the arrogance and changing nature that annoys posters on here

- can’t score goals

- doesn’t score enough goals

- needs to get 10

- needs to get 10 league goals

What is the next milestone he has to hit?

His goals per minute over the last two seasons playing central with City are at a level that most people would recognise as being pretty decent for a “centre-forward” / “striker”.

IMG_7469.thumb.jpeg.a900b71953a2eacf4791a11115a5c3f9.jpegIMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.63e9519a9b5fa315dbc70c6f756afed1.jpeg

Ive not included his international goal, but 17 goals in less than 4000 minutes, let alone all the other stuff he does as a striker in his all-round game, plus a £10m transfer to a higher league probably means a people think he’s a decent “striker”.

And not ever, ever, ever, getting 10 PL goals in a season, is irrelevant…the comments were made on the basis of Antoine as a Championship player, just beginning to break through as a central striker.

Lots of its and buts.

As for changing mind I have been very clear from the off set.

When he gets 10 goals (league) in a season I will except ‘I am wrong’ How can is say fairer than that.

10 is the minimum a Striker needs to get to be able to take on the mantel as a Striker. 

I don’t think he has enough composure in front of goal to be a ‘Striker’ (my opinion)

Conway on the other hand does and will make a career as a ‘Striker’.  I also think Bell is again better in front of goal but does not have the Strength at the moment to take on that central role as a Striker.

Seymenyo has other strengths - pace , power and when on top of his game is a massive handful and asset to the team.

Would I take him back - Yes

Would I play him through the middle - No

Why? because I don’t think he will score enough goals.

Simply he is better wide on the left.  In my opinion he will have a much more successful career in that position.

He is young and of course he can prove me wrong.

But for the moment I am not changing my opinion.

But equally I don’t expect you to either.

That’s the purpose of debate and a fundamental part of OTIB

If people did not keep bringing it up ( I have not ) then I would not keep having defending myself when others get personal or rude ( I note you don’t) but you do say ignore him ( that’s kind of the same) it’s instigating others and I would maybe think about that as I think it creates a bullying environment.

But again we have difficulty opinions that is ok.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Stick him on ignore ?. Please don't derail the thread and give him attention.

Helpful

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Tell me you know absolutely nothing about football without saying you know nothing about football.

For the fear of BR repeating himself I believe he has already done that PP.................................., is BR related to RobboRed ?

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

As for changing mind I have been very clear from the off set.

Like this?  

On 11/01/2021 at 22:17, Better Red said:

Not sure what the problem is I said he ain’t got a goal him at this level and as of now I am right.

On 26/12/2020 at 17:24, Better Red said:

Not wishing to say I told you so but I told you so....

Another week and no goals.

Is he a Striker? - No

Is he a winger? - No

He is ? .... Over rated

On 23/01/2021 at 19:59, Better Red said:

Hence my comment that he won’t score goals in the championship

On 25/01/2021 at 19:24, Better Red said:

The main point was I don’t think he will score goals at this level (Championship).  As of yet he has not scored 1.

But now through gritted teeth:

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

Would I take him back - Yes

So this player who got a £10m+ move to the prem is actually overrated, but you'd still take him back even though didn't even have a goal in him at Championship level apparently? Doesn't make much sense.

Just admit it was a stupid thread, you judged him far too quickly, and now you're constantly moving the goalposts to try and save face.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How the hell has this thread progressed to one about Semenyo??? ?

Daft innit.

I put this topic on ignore earlier when it went off on a tangent with puerile stuff, now having to do it again and do a Robbored - rely on the OS for any info re McCrorie.

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Daft innit.

I put this topic on ignore earlier when it went off on a tangent with puerile stuff, now having to do it again and do a Robbored - rely on the OS for any info re McCrorie.

Let's get it back on topic - Only Fools and Horses really is shit.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1