IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You’ll know by now I hate “best elevens”, and hate formations being the be-all and end-all, but breaking my own rules:

O’Leary

Tanner Dickie Vyner Pring

James

McCrorie     Bryan

Weimann

Conway Wells

Really it’s 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.  Can you remember when Williams played “front sweeper” but we still played WSM?  I think Nige ideally wants to play two forwards with one in behind.  The full-backs can provide the width.

Gotta try find a way to play mehmeti imo

2 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

Hate the idea of playing Mehmeti as a 10.

He's the one player we have other than Scott (who probably won't be here) that's capable of being direct and taking on a man, he needs to stay out wide.

We need a new 10. Twine would be my somewhat ambitious suggestion, if not then I'd be very content with Azaz.

Don’t necessarily mind giving mehmeti time in the 10. With a pre season behind him I think he could become magic for us. 
But do agree we need a new attacking midfielder if Scott goes. Someone with that “maverick” type that Pearson goes on about. Very hard to replace Scott obviously but hopefully someone with that ability to scare defenders.

We are relatively short of that with semenyo gone and if Scott leaves. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

Bristol Post get fed bollocks by the club in terms of fees and print it.

I remember Gregor kept pushing the idea that Massengo only cost about £2.8m or whatever, which was a complete lie.

Was it ?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Yes. Massengo cost up to about 7.8m, and a lot of the add-ons were met. He was an incredibly expensive deal for the club.

What add-ons were met that cost an additional 5m ?

I'm sure the answer lies in one of @Davefevs spreadsheets.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That’s not a complete lie, the initial fee was around £2.8m.

That wasn't what Gregor reported.

He reported that the deal was up to around 3m, which was a complete lie that was pushed out by the club in attempt to lower expectation.

The deal, as originally reported by GFFN, was up to around 8m.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

He reported that the deal was up to around 3m, which was a complete lie that was pushed out by the club in attempt to lower expectation.

I'm confused why you believe one report over the other. You call one a complete lie but then completely accept the other without question. Only the clubs will know for sure the rest is speculation at both sides.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Yes. Massengo cost up to about 7.8m, and a lot of the add-ons were met. He was an incredibly expensive deal for the club.

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What add-ons were met that cost an additional 5m ?

I'm sure the answer lies in one of @Davefevs spreadsheets.

Apart from any 1st team appearances based add-ons, what else would he have triggered? No promotion or play-offs, nowhere near enough goals or assists, if any existed and no senior international call-up.
At a stretch, possibly triggered one with the U21 call up but apart from that, what else?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

So GFFN, a French media source getting their information from the selling club, report the Massengo deal as £8M, while the Bristol Post, getting their information from the buying club, report the deal as £3M.  

In other news, Scottish sources getting their info from the selling club, report the McCrorie deal as £2M +add ons, while the Post, getting their info from the buying club, report the deal as £1M + add ons.

Can you see a pattern here???????  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

€3m initial fee….French Journos often include contracted wages in their figures too.  Of course there were add-ons and sell-on too.  But at £10k p.w. wages that’s £2m of the missing £5m already,  and it all ties in nicely with the published accounts too

Re my sureness of the €3m fee…the source is about as good as you’ll find!  No I’m not talking Massengo!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So GFFN, a French media source getting their information from the selling club, report the Massengo deal as £8M, while the Bristol Post, getting their information from the buying club, report the deal as £3M.  

In other news, Scottish sources getting their info from the selling club, report the McCrorie deal as £2M +add ons, while the Post, getting their info from the buying club, report the deal as £1M + add ons.

Image result for patterns

No, but I can see one here!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I can, and funnily enough that's the pattern I originally pointed out, from our side.

I'm not going disclose on a public football forum how I know but if anybody does believe the BP report then they're badly mistaken.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd have concerns with moving Vyner to LCB, purely because when his form dipped it was after moving positions. That LCB role finished Taylor Moore here, he'd looked solid on the right but that little move over seemed to disrupt him so much he lost all confidence. Not saying that would happen, but I think Zak looked as though he was turning into a quality RCB , but familiarity and confidence does seem a large part of his game. Dickie I believe has played LCB, according to my mate he's better in a 3 but not sure we will start like that, though the option is there with the same players.
Totally with you on the front two. It felt like Nige was juggling things and looking at options towards the end of the season, the Conway / Wells pairing is the best combination we've had for some time. They seem to improve each other, which is massive.

Surely a fit Rob Atkinson is and will be our first choice LCB .

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

€3m initial fee….French Journos often include contracted wages in their figures too.  Of course there were add-ons and sell-on too.  But at £10k p.w. wages that’s £2m of the missing £5m already,  and it all ties in nicely with the published accounts too

Re my sureness of the €3m fee…the source is about as good as you’ll find!  No I’m not talking Massengo!

So initial fee of £2.8m as published. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1