IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

7 minutes ago, tin said:

Interesting that he sees his best position as CB or RB. Should Roberts sign as well, I suspect we’re recruiting to play 352 again.

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I also noticed that the club specifically mentioned that he's a defender. 

I was certain he was being brought in as a DM.

Gives us the option for both which is exciting.

352, and can have Atkinson McCrorie Dickie CBs with Naismith in CM.

442 could have McCrorie Naismith together in CM if ever needed. 

McCrorie CM gives license for him to drop back into a CB position when Atkinson/Dickie/Naismith go on marauding runs. It’s all very fluid and exciting.  

Edited by petehinton

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Gives us the option for both which is exciting.

352, and can have Atkinson McCrorie Dickie CBs with Naismith in CM.

442 could have McCrorie Naismith together in CM if ever needed. 

McCrorie CM gives license for him to drop back into a CB position when Atkinson/Dickie/Naismith go on marauding runs. It’s all very fluid and exciting.  

I know it’s hypothetical. But that’s missing out Vyner as well as if roberts signs who can play centre half. Suddenly our options look stacked at the back

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I also noticed that the club specifically mentioned that he's a defender. 

I was certain he was being brought in as a DM.

Said right back all along & sticking to it, where Scotland see him too.

27 minutes ago, tin said:

Interesting that he sees his best position as CB or RB. Should Roberts sign as well, I suspect we’re recruiting to play 352 again.

Certainly looks that way. Though all is quiet on the Vyner contract front. If he doesn't sign one then there's a chance he leaves, inline with club policy of having less than 12 months left on his current deal. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

He’s met Scotty, knows all about Glaswegian Naismith and looking forward to meeting Tommy with the Scotland squad.

I’ll never get used to Taunton born Tommy being a Jock, he’ll barely understand the other 3 when they’re chatting together.

And he called us City.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, SBB said:

James, Williams, Scott, Naismith & McCrorie if needed plus OTC and King(if he re-signs).

Looks ok to me at the moment. 

The problem there is all three of James, Williams and Naismith will probably miss part of the season with muscle injuries.  I think we need 2, if not 3 if Scott goes, additions in Midfield

• Like 4

We all know just how lightweight the CB position had become with the injuries to Kalas and Atkinson last season and the two signings of Dickie and McCrorie suggests that Kalas is leaving City. Atkinson will hopefully be back for pre season.

Next season is already looking very promising. Excellent work from Nige and Tinnion to recruit two experienced CBs so early in the close season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Certainly looks that way. Though all is quiet on the Vyner contract front. If he doesn't sign one then there's a chance he leaves, inline with club policy of having less than 12 months left on his current deal. 

Yes Vyner is a big player we need to keep . Wish this would get sorted asap 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes Vyner is a big player we need to keep . Wish this would get sorted asap 

Either we are calling Zak's bluff (and maybe vice versa), or think we can recruit a replacement and get him off the books this summer for a decent wedge. I wonder what we offered him given that historically home-grown talent is significantly underpaid verses externally recruited players? I'm fine with things if we are keeping to our new wage structure (whatever that is), so overperforming 'underpaid' players will need to look elsewhere for the big payday.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He won’t be. Medical Fact.

I must have missed the club updates on his progress then. When he got injured it was thought that he’d be out for around 6 months. I guess that timescale must have changed.

With the signing of McCrorie, Dickie and Nailsmith already at the club the CB spot is well covered without RA.

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Either we are calling Zak's bluff (and maybe vice versa), or think we can recruit a replacement and get him off the books this summer for a decent wedge. I wonder what we offered him given that historically home-grown talent is significantly underpaid verses externally recruited players? I'm fine with things if we are keeping to our new wage structure (whatever that is), so overperforming 'underpaid' players will need to look elsewhere for the big payday.

Yes Bluff calling could be going on. But from both sides maybe ? Or he is still on the beach not ready to deal with it yet 

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Or contract discussions just take a long time to conclude.  Can’t remember which player it was but it took about 4/5 months from agreeing terms to it being announced.  No idea why it would take that long though, nor suggesting that is the norm…especially when transfers happen as quickly as they do.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I must have missed the club updates on his progress then. When he got injured it was thought that he’d be out for around 6 months. I guess that timescale must have changed.

With the signing of McCrorie, Dickie and Nailsmith already at the club the CB spot is well covered without RA.

6 months to heal and 3 months rehab, roughly. He has always said December(ish).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No, ACL are never 6 month “jobs”.

Been plenty of updates on the OS, including the initial announcement on 22nd of Feb, saying it would have to settle down for a couple of weeks before he could have the op, so that’s March earliest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1