IGNORED

The Cornick Miss

The Original OTIB

I had just the same thought yesterday! 

I haven’t seen a replay, but at the time it didn’t just look easier to score than miss, it looked well nigh impossible to do what he did!

If that had been a defender making a desperate clearance knowing he had an incoming forward right behind him then it would have been praised to the skys as an incredible clearance ??

Just now, Northern Red said:

Lee Miller at Swindon.

Good shout! And much much later in the game. And cost us big time! 

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Trying to think of similar, Matty Taylor in the 3-3 at Derby springs to mind.

Very similar.

Said yesterday the only other one I could think of was me for the Bountyhunter in 1990 v the Leyton Orient fanzine on Hackney marshes @Merrick's Marvels @77 punk @CyderInACan @Bristol Oil Services..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Very similar.

Said yesterday the only other one I could think of was me for the Bountyhunter in 1990 v the Leyton Orient fanzine on Hackney marshes @Merrick's Marvels @77 punk @CyderInACan @Bristol Oil Services..

I remember it well. But we went on to win quite convincingly so you were forgiven. I think Dave Rennie missed one similar later that afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

It wasn't in the highlights at all and I've not seen it mentioned so I'm worried I'm going insane...

But didn't we have a similar chance, albeit slightly harder, also missed Saturday? Think it was Vyner who may have got the final touch but seemed to be pretty much exactly the same chance...?

Yes, volley from Jamo f/k v Boro.  Got a slight deflection in front of him.  Andy King’s away at Huddersfield was bad too (soggy ankle).

Edited by Davefevs