1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

5 Champ over the weekend, which I assume is Fri-Mon

So,

7:45 Friday

12pm Saturday

5:30pm Saturday

4pm Sunday

7:45pm Monday

Yeah, good shout, although would probably not be on weekends with a subsequent midweek round / cup round.

59 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Yes of course you do, but I think your opinion is complete and utter nonsense if you are able to look objectively at the bigger picture. Why are you comparing what has happened in the last 35 years? The game has completely evolved on and off the pitch. 

I am unsure what you expected NP or anyone else to come in and do after the LJ/Ashton era. No money to spend due to LJ/Ashtons reckless spending, we are heavily relying on signing lower league players to make the step up, getting rid of multiple high earners who were a waste of money from the previous regime, promote and develop multiple teenagers from our academy into the first team, and try and get them playing consistently in the Championship. Yeah we should be finishing top 6....

I'm just completely lost on why you have such high expectations with what has gone on, and if you think there have only been 5/6 enjoyable games at home this season then I really I am unsure what you have been watching, and again what you are expecting to see from a developing team. 

I can see the bigger picture, something I have not actually passed an opinion on, my comments were based entirely on how this season has gone, again I will say if you have left the ground on more than about six occasions truly happy with what you have seen great me I have not, it will be interesting to see how long your patience lasts, would you say next season you expect to progress? because if there isn't you just might find yourself agreeing with me, and as an aside tell me how many games you were happy with.

Edited by pillred

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Robinstv (if we keep it) will be for international broadcast only….there will be no Robinstv for domestic is how I read it.

I reckon Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon.  Maybe a double on Saturday evening (5:30 / 7:45)???

Thursday night anyone! ???

Pleased that all Carabao Cup games are included, bugged me only a few were televised.

It moves us closer to an NBA type subscription.

I’m happy with it from what we know.

As for income, looks like it’s about £60m pa increase of which Champ split is 80 (80:12:8), so £48m.  That’ll probably be split 24 ways (£2m each extra).  Not to be sniffed at.  We will lose a bit of income in lost fans though.

We'll save the running costs of Robins TV though whatever that is,overall the CEO's across the board must be satisfied it's a win for us financially so we'll have to trust it

45 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

We'll save the running costs of Robins TV though whatever that is,overall the CEO's across the board must be satisfied it's a win for us financially so we'll have to trust it

Yep, exactly.  Unanimous acceptance.

8 hours ago, pillred said:

I can see the bigger picture, something I have not actually passed an opinion on, my comments were based entirely on how this season has gone, again I will say if you have left the ground on more than about six occasions truly happy with what you have seen great me I have not, it will be interesting to see how long your patience lasts, would you say next season you expect to progress? because if there isn't you just might find yourself agreeing with me, and as an aside tell me how many games you were happy with.

This season was/is part of the bigger picture so you have in theory commented on it.

My patience lasts for what exactly? I'm not expecting promotion in 12 months.

Next season I would expect progress, this season has shown progress too. I'd be happy for a club that isn't losing 30 million quid, and become a more stable and sustainable club, hopefully 3/4 players through the door that will improve us with more depth and competition for places, maybe a couple more academy players having a breakthrough too. I am hoping for more stability and would probably expect a comfortable mid table/top half finish with some more consistency in our game. The season after I would like to see us closer to the top 6. 

What are you expecting next season, what would you class as being happy with?

What had you expected for this season with all of the mess that has been going on for the last 2/3 years? 

• Like 2

I think this deal will devalue the matchday experience a lot which is disappointing, at a time when there is a thread about our 'growing fan base' they are the type of fan who will be inconvenienced by the kick off times and less likely to get the bug and become long term supporters/customers. Obviously I can't talk for everyone but I see the majority of football league supporters as preferring the match day experience/day out to those who are content with sitting at home and catching the games there. An extra 2 million a year in your pockets is nice of course (providing you can remain in the championship ?) but I would argue that it's short sighted decision making and generally not a good move for Bristol City, but I'm speculating and will have to wait and see how it all works out. One thing I'm sure about is the **** sky tv chants that you hear at lots of grounds won't be going anywhere.

• Hmmm 1

Yeah, this seems to give us one of the main drawbacks of the Premier League (inconsistent kick off times) without the main financial benefit of the Premier League!

From a personal perspective I coach a junior team who play Sundays and train Mondays. I’ve committed to dozens of kids and they take precedent over City for me. I’m thinking there will be several likely clashes and although I’m in no way giving up my season ticket, the vast increase in number of games that won’t kick off at 3pm Saturday mean that I expect to be missing up to 20% of games.

I’m sure I won’t be the only one in this boat, and the obvious flip side is that people who play on a Saturday will be able to attend more games. This is where the club can and should get creative and start looking at schemes like ST reselling for certain games. They won’t - not until the stadium sells out - but it’d lessen the blow for those whose attendance will naturally drop off

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I think this deal will devalue the matchday experience a lot which is disappointing, at a time when there is a thread about our 'growing fan base' they are the type of fan who will be inconvenienced by the kick off times and less likely to get the bug and become long term supporters/customers. Obviously I can't talk for everyone but I see the majority of football league supporters as preferring the match day experience/day out to those who are content with sitting at home and catching the games there. An extra 2 million a year in your pockets is nice of course (providing you can remain in the championship ?) but I would argue that it's short sighted decision making and generally not a good move for Bristol City, but I'm speculating and will have to wait and see how it all works out. One thing I'm sure about is the **** sky tv chants that you hear at lots of grounds won't be going anywhere.

The chants are embarrassing tbh not sure what SKY have done wrong. They pay the clubs good money don't they and they are quick enough to take it. Maybe blame them?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah, this seems to give us one of the main drawbacks of the Premier League (inconsistent kick off times) without the main financial benefit of the Premier League!

From a personal perspective I coach a junior team who play Sundays and train Mondays. I’ve committed to dozens of kids and they take precedent over City for me. I’m thinking there will be several likely clashes and although I’m in no way giving up my season ticket, the vast increase in number of games that won’t kick off at 3pm Saturday mean that I expect to be missing up to 20% of games.

I’m sure I won’t be the only one in this boat, and the obvious flip side is that people who play on a Saturday will be able to attend more games. This is where the club can and should get creative and start looking at schemes like ST reselling for certain games. They won’t - not until the stadium sells out - but it’d lessen the blow for those whose attendance will naturally drop off

Kick off times will never suit everyone. Thousands play footy on a Saturday afternoon so can't go so would welcome a Friday / Monday night or a Sunday. 

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

This season was/is part of the bigger picture so you have in theory commented on it.

My patience lasts for what exactly? I'm not expecting promotion in 12 months.

Next season I would expect progress, this season has shown progress too. I'd be happy for a club that isn't losing 30 million quid, and become a more stable and sustainable club, hopefully 3/4 players through the door that will improve us with more depth and competition for places, maybe a couple more academy players having a breakthrough too. I am hoping for more stability and would probably expect a comfortable mid table/top half finish with some more consistency in our game. The season after I would like to see us closer to the top 6. 

What are you expecting next season, what would you class as being happy with?

What had you expected for this season with all of the mess that has been going on for the last 2/3 years? 

Good answer, don't forget I have been hearing things will be better next season for over 50 years Harry Dolman came out with that at the end of every season a bit like next year Rodney we'll be millionaires, the thing that has disappointed me the most is the defence, for a manager that was himself a defender we don't half make some mistakes, yes injuries have not helped but sometimes it has looked like the players had been introduced to each other just before the game, let's see what happens next season I hope your confidence is rewarded and we do indeed progress but as in the past just as we get a half decent side together other usually parachute payment clubs come along and pluck our players away Webster, Brownhill, Kelly, Semenyo, I could go on but you get the picture, my post was mostly about how disappointed I was in the season just gone for many reasons including all the injuries upheaval etc maybe I'm just too optimistic (don't laugh). 

39 minutes ago, pillred said:

Good answer, don't forget I have been hearing things will be better next season for over 50 years Harry Dolman came out with that at the end of every season a bit like next year Rodney we'll be millionaires, the thing that has disappointed me the most is the defence, for a manager that was himself a defender we don't half make some mistakes, yes injuries have not helped but sometimes it has looked like the players had been introduced to each other just before the game, let's see what happens next season I hope your confidence is rewarded and we do indeed progress but as in the past just as we get a half decent side together other usually parachute payment clubs come along and pluck our players away Webster, Brownhill, Kelly, Semenyo, I could go on but you get the picture, my post was mostly about how disappointed I was in the season just gone for many reasons including all the injuries upheaval etc maybe I'm just too optimistic (don't laugh). 

Again, I am unsure what 50 years ago has to do with what is happening now. 

Disappointed with the defence, Atkinson is just in his second season at this level, Kalas was a huge miss alongside him? Naismith a new signing playing there, Vyner was written off by the majority and has been superb overall, Pring has improved massively and also looks superb. Yes there has been mistakes (what team doesn't make them), but to think with the players available at the start of the season and throughout the season we should be doing better is a bit naïve imo, or you have some sort of agenda. I would think if you have been going for 55 years you would have a bit more reasoning to what has happened. 

You think we should have kept Webster, Brownhill, Kelly and Semenyo, and I'm guessing Scott as well now? As for parachute payment clubs plucking our best players, isn't that exactly what we do when we sign players from lower leagues, should we be stopped from doing that? I'm afraid that is how football works.

I'll leave it there as this thread has been taken over. I hope you aren't as disappointed next season.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Goof that there is extra revenue and Sky have stuck with the EFL .

But a negative might be more  money going to players and particularly. their agents I suspect and frustration for fans who travel to games.

Trouble is that recent history tells us that this extra revenue causes wage and transfer fee inflation way beyond affordability.  FFP needs to be really strong ongoing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, good shout, although would probably not be on weekends with a subsequent midweek round / cup round.

I think there will be a Thursday game every week.  They started scheduling a few on Thursdays towards the end of this season for Sky.  

When there have been no midweek games, a weekend match will be moved forward.  When there are midweek matches one will be moved back to Thursday with both sides' weekend games going to Sunday.  Scheduling will be a much harder job than it has been. 

47 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Trouble is that recent history tells us that this extra revenue causes wage and transfer fee inflation way beyond affordability.  FFP needs to be really strong ongoing.

Would be good if we knew what the new FFP rules are gonna be and how we transition out of the current ones.  It is expected to be a “costs as a percentage of turnover” model, more akin to Lg1/2’s FFP.  One interesting difference is the treatment of “transfer profit”.  In the Champ, if you make £10m profit on a player (regardless of instalments), it gets classed as £10m in the year of the transfer.  In Lg1/Lg2, and the proposed UEFA rules, it gets classed as income in the year you get the money, so if all up-front, then the sane, but if spread over 4 years, then it will be £2.5m income in each year.  I think this is better.  It’s kinda how Derby got into trouble (along with their alternative amortisation method).

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't want another ITV Digital.

Too right.  Covid and ITV Digital (despite a cute monkey) should teach us to keep some money safe.  I guess we might see that in operation this summer if Scott goes…we won’t be spending it all.  It will be covering losses of more than one year.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Robinstv (if we keep it) will be for international broadcast only….there will be no Robinstv for domestic is how I read it.

I reckon Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon.  Maybe a double on Saturday evening (5:30 / 7:45)???

Thursday night anyone! ???

Pleased that all Carabao Cup games are included, bugged me only a few were televised.

It moves us closer to an NBA type subscription.

I’m happy with it from what we know.

As for income, looks like it’s about £60m pa increase of which Champ split is 80 (80:12:8), so £48m.  That’ll probably be split 24 ways (£2m each extra).  Not to be sniffed at.  We will lose a bit of income in lost fans though.

But is that £48m per year spread evenly across all 24 teams?? 
As pointed out at the start of this thread, the disparity regarding the number of games shown per team means a huge disparity in the income. 
All I see here is more money coming in and therefore more money going to the ‘bigger’ teams who will been shown more often. 
Regardless of the increase in the amount of games televised, it’ll likely pan out, based on this season, that Sunderland etc will be shown 40 times and Bristol City 15 times, giving those other clubs substantially more revenue. 

One thing they ought to have put in place on this deal should have been that those receiving parachute payments do not get any share of this. They’re already being handsomely compensated.

Edited by Harry

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

One thing they ought to have put in place on this deal should have been that those receiving parachute payments do not get any share of this. They’re already being handsomely compensated.

As it currently stands, PP clubs don’t get any of the pot from PL TV Deal distribution (Solidarity Payment) that Championship clubs get.  So, they don’t get circa £4.5m the likes of City get.

Think PPs will be discussed as part of PL TV Deal.  Not hoping it will change much though.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

But is that £48m per year spread evenly across all 24 teams?? 

I did say “probably” as per the current League Pool, but of course you’re right it could be split, x amount for all, y amount based on tv appearances.