IGNORED

Future EFL TV coverage

phantom

17 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I genuinely don’t understand how this can all be crammed in.

10 games every weekend?!? 

5 championship games…so basically has to be probably 2x on Friday nights, 1x Saturday night and probably 2x Sunday lunchtime? Every single weekend?!

Friday at 6pm and 8pm maybe

Edited by Super

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

6pm too early for people who work, 8pm a little too late for away fans to get home.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

5 Champ over the weekend, which I assume is Fri-Mon

So,

7:45 Friday

12pm Saturday

5:30pm Saturday

4pm Sunday

7:45pm Monday

All of these times are inconvenient, to a greater or lesser degree, to home and away supporters. What is worse is the television schedule is announced at relatively short notice which makes medium / long term planning for supporters difficult. Unfortunately most clubs lose money so  it’s difficult for clubs to say no to TV cash 

1 hour ago, t_b said:

They’ll throw all the money in the world to keep PL. 

Five Championship televised games - plus the L1/2 games - won’t get anywhere near the audience that 2 big PL games can get in a weekend. Which means less sponsorship money. 

So will the other big hitters, sky subscriptions are considerably down compared to recent years so there may not be as much money available to secure as many matches as they currently own. 

On another note what sort of increase in revenue are we likely to see on the back of this deal?  I'm assuming the aim of it was to even up the distribution across the EFL but there must have been enough in it fur the Championship clubs to get the unanimous vote

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

All of these times are inconvenient, to a greater or lesser degree, to home and away supporters. What is worse is the television schedule is announced at relatively short notice which makes medium / long term planning for supporters difficult. Unfortunately most clubs lose money so  it’s difficult for clubs to say no to TV cash 

The announcement does say there will be much more notice. It talks about giving notice of all games up until FA Cup 3rd weekend before the start of the season. 

"With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed."

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

5 championship games…so basically has to be probably 2x on Friday nights, 1x Saturday night and probably 2x Sunday lunchtime? Every single weekend?!

Friday evening

Saturday midday

Saturday evening

Sunday midday

Monday evening

would be my guess. Similar to now for the most part

16 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

So,

12pm Saturday

4pm Sunday

If it’s not going up against premier league on sky, it will be as follows. 

Friday 7.45

Saturday 12.30

Saturday 7.30

Sunday 12.30

Sunday 7pm 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Also once you take the money from Sky they call the shots on when games are played. 

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This is what I can’t stand about football,call me a traditional football fan but 3pm on a Saturday is for football,sounds like this could be the nail in the coffin like the prem 

I’ve binned my Bears season ticket as I was fed up with the Friday night games, I really hope this latest TV deal doesn’t mean more games will clash with kids football. 

Here we go, here we go, here we go.

A record deal just means revenues need to increase. So higher prices for consumers. Could split EFL games from PL games, and have a 'Sky Sports Championship' channel etc. Then they can double dip on charges. Maybe streaming options become pay per game. Maybe games are broadcast at the same time rather than be spread across lots of day/time slots.

Also in response to several posts, international streaming shouldn't be impacted

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services. "

Overall, the greed of football clubs has overridden any obligation or fudiciary responsibility they have for their supporters. It's all about the $$$. I'm not impressed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The announcement does say there will be much more notice. It talks about giving notice of all games up until FA Cup 3rd weekend before the start of the season. 

"With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed."

Yes I saw that and this will be much better.  For starters, even before the season starts, we’ll know kick off dates and times are set in stone from early Aug to early Jan. 

46 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Friday evening

Saturday midday

Saturday evening

Sunday midday

Monday evening

would be my guess. Similar to now for the most part

If there's Monday games then there will be Thursday mid week games the following week which in turn means Sunday games the following weekend. As a part time supporter these days it actually suits me to have more games on TV but is bound to take a few off the attendances, hopefully the clubs have factored that in before accepting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’ve binned my Bears season ticket as I was fed up with the Friday night games, I really hope this latest TV deal doesn’t mean more games will clash with kids football. 

The rugby fans quite like a Friday night game. 

Personally I'd love it if we had more Friday night games. Used to love the red and white nights they did in the past. It then also frees up the rest of the weekend to do other things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Each to their own but in defeat, draw and victory thete have been IMO quite a few enjoyable games at home.

Our intent has often been good, even if the execution at times has not. We at home have been quite a positive side this season, often anyway.

Not sure quite a few but I did say 5 or six which I thought was about right, look I'm not sure whether I'm out of step with the majority but however it's spun and I know we have been unlucky with injuries but taking EVERYTHING into consideration again I feel deflated. I know that's not what the majority of posters want to hear but that's the way it is for me anyway. 

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

Personally, yeah I am very happy, the club is definitely going in the right direction. Staying up was the aim, we achieved it comfortably with a load of injuries when it was all coming together nicely. We have blooded a load of youngsters and haven't spent a lot whilst getting in huge fee for Semenyo and possibly a monster one for Scott. Conway, Pring, Bell are all exciting prospects along with multiple other players who have bought into what Pearson and the club are trying to do. 

It must be terrible for you to support a club and not be able to see the bigger picture, and be disappointed the majority of the time whilst actually watching them. I don't know if you do realise but Ashton and LJ pretty much ruined this club for the last few years, and Pearson has came in and done an exceptional job in the circumstances to have us where we are. 

Also, nice of you to just pick out those 3 games, Burnley (runaway Champions), Sheffield United (runners up) and Watford (a basket case granted, with a squad costing how much exactly). Did we get battered in all of those games? Honest opinion?

If I was you I would go and get a new hobby, as this one doesn't seem a very good fit.

When you have been a season ticket holder like me for over 35 years, I have seen the rebuilds, and promises of better things to come for longer I suspect than you have been alive, do you really think I don't want us to succeed? after nearly 55 years and only 4 of those in the top flight and time running out for me to see that again don't you think I have the right to be slightly disappointed?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

So,

12pm Saturday

4pm Sunday

I expect more to be on at the same time just on different channels 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnbytheriver said:

is this the end for Robins TV?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Read as if Red Button is going to end, but more games to buy a stream for.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes, any streaming will be operated by Sky Sports. Though perhaps unclear what happens internationally. 

Robinstv (if we keep it) will be for international broadcast only….there will be no Robinstv for domestic is how I read it.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I reckon Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon.  Maybe a double on Saturday evening (5:30 / 7:45)???

Thursday night anyone! ???

Pleased that all Carabao Cup games are included, bugged me only a few were televised.

It moves us closer to an NBA type subscription.

I’m happy with it from what we know.

As for income, looks like it’s about £60m pa increase of which Champ split is 80 (80:12:8), so £48m.  That’ll probably be split 24 ways (£2m each extra).  Not to be sniffed at.  We will lose a bit of income in lost fans though.

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

When you have been a season ticket holder like me for over 35 years, I have seen the rebuilds, and promises of better things to come for longer I suspect than you have been alive, do you really think I don't want us to succeed? after nearly 55 years and only 4 of those in the top flight and time running out for me to see that again don't you think I have the right to be slightly disappointed?

Yes of course you do, but I think your opinion is complete and utter nonsense if you are able to look objectively at the bigger picture. Why are you comparing what has happened in the last 35 years? The game has completely evolved on and off the pitch. 

I am unsure what you expected NP or anyone else to come in and do after the LJ/Ashton era. No money to spend due to LJ/Ashtons reckless spending, we are heavily relying on signing lower league players to make the step up, getting rid of multiple high earners who were a waste of money from the previous regime, promote and develop multiple teenagers from our academy into the first team, and try and get them playing consistently in the Championship. Yeah we should be finishing top 6....

I'm just completely lost on why you have such high expectations with what has gone on, and if you think there have only been 5/6 enjoyable games at home this season then I really I am unsure what you have been watching, and again what you are expecting to see from a developing team. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1