IGNORED

Future EFL TV coverage

phantom

2 minutes ago, CloudyThatchers said:

They won't be televising 20 blackburn games next year when Everton and Leeds are in the championship 

It'll be an Everton love in, it's probably worth Sky leaving the camaras in place for the whole season as they'll be on every week.

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

What the hell is so appealing about showing Blackburn games? :blink:

They probably give the production team the best half time lunch.

Also, their camera gantry isn't on the moon. Unlike ours. More chance of them showing us playing the Mars Rover, than the Bristol Rovers.

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Someone has to be bottom of that table but the disparity is huge. Surely there should be a vaguely even number of games for each team.

The range is far too wide isn’t it?  I totally get supply and demand, but we haven’t even got any away games.

Boro (h), Blackpool (h), Sheffield United (h) and Cardiff (h).

The tv love I’m on Blackburn (and Sunderland) is incredible.  If the £s are £100k (h) and £10k (a), that’s best part of £1m extra they’ve got over us!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The range is far too wide isn’t it?  I totally get supply and demand, but we haven’t even got any away games.

Boro (h), Blackpool (h), Sheffield United (h) and Cardiff (h).

The tv love I’m on Blackburn (and Sunderland) is incredible.  If the £s are £100k (h) and £10k (a), that’s best part of £1m extra they’ve got over us!

And let`s be honest, City v Blackpool was only on to fill a quota if truth be told.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ecko said:

I'll take a Saturday 3pm kick off over being televised every day of the week.

Always the best for anyone that has to travel any distance to watch the games, but I quite like Friday night or Saturday lunchtime games, if only to get them out the way!

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Someone has to be bottom of that table but the disparity is huge. Surely there should be a vaguely even number of games for each team.

In fairness SKY just want to show the games that create the most interest. They pay the money and the clubs take the money.

Just now, Super said:

In fairness SKY just want to show the games that create the most interest. They pay the money and the clubs take the money.

I can't imagine there are many sky subscribers in Blackburn.

Maybe hookey sky but not paying full wack.

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If Salford stay in that division then them v Wrexham is nailed on to be shown - "Hollywood v the Class of 92" and so on.

Exactly as it generates interest. 

Fewest live TV and probably fewest penalty kicks! 

Bottom of the table for TV and Referees.

22 minutes ago, Super said:

What money did we get? Sod all!

Edited by cidered abroad

Just now, jj77 said:

I can't imagine there are many sky subscribers in Blackburn.

Maybe hookey sky but not paying full wack.

Yes but they have had a good season so you would expect them to be shown more.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Ok, get that but the difference in games is massive.

It gets me going on my usually suppressed rage about anti west country bias. I end up supporting anyone south west of a line drawn between Manchester and London, in any sport. Well, apart from one team....

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Ok, get that but the difference in games is massive.

It gets me going on my usually suppressed rage about anti west country bias. I end up supporting anyone south west of a line drawn between Manchester and London, in any sport. Well, apart from one team....

It's no different from the Prem.  It's obvious the more successful  bigger clubs will be shown more. 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

It's no different from the Prem.  It's obvious the more successful  bigger clubs will be shown more. 

Except Cardiff and Reading are relegation candidates yet both got more than twice as many live games as us.

Maybe it is the mid table mediocrity that causes it, nothing to play for. Or maybe Nige needs to get a sideline acting career in Hollywood......

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Surely it must be obvious to all?  There has to be a Blackburn fan high up in the Production or Commisioning staff at Sky?  I have worked in the TV industry, and Nepotism and "Who u Know' is rife.  Don't you just Love Luvvies?  Ha!!

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

You mean ex premier League champions Blackburn, as opposed to never been in the prem Bristol City?