IGNORED

Growing fan base

Topper 123

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

Where exactly did you get that stat from?

After the second Man City defeat we got 13 points from our next 11 League games:, so unsure where you are getting 11 points from 23 games?

QPR W

Bolton L

Sunderland D

Leeds D

Fulham D

Cardiff L

Sheff W W

Preston L

Burton D

Ipswich W

6 points against Sheffield does skew the stats somewhat 

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Haha 2

I our home support is decent but I just wish we would take as many away as the funny people.(laugh)

Despite Marvellous Marvin and his gas head side kick trying to stop us getting to the South Bristol fun factory (parking issues/roads closed for months zero public transport)we manage to get there eventually.It’s what we do.

Fair play to everyone renewing their season tickets in these difficult time.coyr

I think, talking to a lot of Bristolians (majority of City fans) on matchdays makes me think that a lot of our fanbase don't know the extent that our local support goes to. We have a big following in Somerset and parts of North and West Wiltshire and when I say where i'm from (Wilts) it's always met with surprise from our fans who are actually from Bristol. Bristol is in an area that means that within 20-25 miles we still have a big catchment area for fans. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Our season ticket for championship football is very good I know a regular season ticket at Weymouth is £320 to put that into perspective, So by our prices the fan base continues to increase.

Season ticket in National League south at Taunton next season is just over £300 I think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

In my 50 years or so of supporting City, we get, on average, one successful season per decade. So it's coming soon! Then the numbers will really take off.

You can understand why potential investors are concerned about the size of the stadium. 

Where has it been said that the size of our stadium effects our investment? 

I think it's important for the club to remember that there is still lots more that can be done. 

Whilst kids tickets are cheap it still remains expensive for a family to take kids to a football game. Food and drink prices are ridiculously high. Yes OK it's a choice whether to buy food or drink but when you have kids nagging it can be hard to say no. 

Maybe they could look at introducing an affordable meal deal for kids? Chips, sausage, drink, couple of quid and cost pennies to make. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it's important for the club to remember that there is still lots more that can be done. 

Whilst kids tickets are cheap it still remains expensive for a family to take kids to a football game. Food and drink prices are ridiculously high. Yes OK it's a choice whether to buy food or drink but when you have kids nagging it can be hard to say no. 

Maybe they could look at introducing an affordable meal deal for kids? Chips, sausage, drink, couple of quid and cost pennies to make. 

Do the kids really need to feed and drink at a match? It's usually played between lunch and dinner time ( in old money, dinner and tea) so if they are stuffing calories down. No wonder that many of the young of today are overweight. I've survived to a month away from 80th without a pot belly from eating or drinking even water at a City match when I was growing up!

• Like 5

AG is a great modern stadium with fantastic facilities, it's a safe, enjoyable ground that appeals to families, season ticket prices are good value aswell. Our home support has stood up really well all things considered. I struggle to think of a better set up in the Championship. I read a lot of comments from Burnley fans last week saying it was the best away ground they had visited all season and they hope to visit again soon ( in the Premier league obviously) if we were to make a serious assault on promotion I think we would be getting 25k every home game and if promoted we would sell out every home game and I don't mean to sound like a Gashead  with that statement ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

I think, talking to a lot of Bristolians (majority of City fans) on matchdays makes me think that a lot of our fanbase don't know the extent that our local support goes to. We have a big following in Somerset and parts of North and West Wiltshire and when I say where i'm from (Wilts) it's always met with surprise from our fans who are actually from Bristol. Bristol is in an area that means that within 20-25 miles we still have a big catchment area for fans. 

From my experience,there are many City supporters in the Suburbs. Sadly the ones I know, don't go as often anymore. 

It's not down to price...but the ball ache in getting there and back. 

It's now a day out. Where in the past it could be an afternoon/evening entertainment. 

If parking and public transport was better...I'm sure far more would be in attendance on a regular basis. 

• Like 15

I’d be surprised and disappointed if we don’t have 15k-plus ST holders next season……especially if we make some early summer signings.

Hope I don’t regret saying it but…..I’m really looking forward to next season and seeing how we do, having given Nige some money to spend 

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You really are joking! We were second in the league after the Manure win.

Followed quickly by a stupid and inept defea Followedt by Wolves after leading their ten men with 20 minutes to go.

Ignoring the Semi Final defeat by Man City, didn't we gather a magnificent total of 11 points from the next SIXTY NINE on offer!

Any other club in the country would have dispensed their manager. But not BCFC. Oh no he was still here a couple of years later, still bumbling along.

Please don't keep reminding me of this debacle who heft me the most depressed I have ever been leaving a football ground.?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

From my experience,there are many City supporters in the Suburbs. Sadly the ones I know, don't go as often anymore. 

It's now a day out. Where in the past it could be an afternoon/evening entertainment. 

If parking and public transport was better...I'm sure far more would be in attendance on a regular basis. 

I'm surprised they don't run a coach or two up from these parts. The support down here is huge. 

I used to either get the bus or the train but busses stop turning up and I got fed up of checking if the trains were on strike so I just drive up now. 

Bloody annoying now that they've turned one of the lanes on the a370 into a bus lane. Kinda ironic too considering the busses rarely turn up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’d be surprised and disappointed if we don’t have 15k-plus ST holders next season……especially if we make some early summer signings.

Hope I don’t regret saying it but…..I’m really looking forward to next season and seeing how we do, having given Nige some money to spend 

I can definitely see us hitting over 15k ST holders next season which would be a decent effort.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again to have the 8th highest home attendance in the division considering the absolute dross that has been served up at times over the past few season is fantastic. 

20 k home attendances are the norm for us now which shows how far we have come over the last decade or so. If we are pushing for play-offs in this league as we have seen over the years we can easily get 25k plus on a regularly basis aswell..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm surprised they don't run a coach or two up from these parts. The support down here is huge. 

I used to either get the bus or the train but busses stop turning up and I got fed up of checking if the trains were on strike so I just drive up now. 

Bloody annoying now that they've turned one of the lanes on the a370 into a bus lane. Kinda ironic too considering the busses rarely turn up.

I catch the X1 that comes from W-S-M and don't find it aproblem.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Attendances may have been higher before all seating and no payment at turnstiles, due to fiddling by every stage of the chain - turnstile operator through to Board Room.

Still goes on not far from here.....allegedly ?

Nobody has mentioned the brilliant idea of giving a City shirt away with junior season tickets. I have three kids and watching them train and play in what was regarded traditional Gas territory, I'm always pleasantly surprised by the number of City shirts I see.  The free shirts have made a great difference and you see far more City shirts than you do Rovers, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barca, PSG etc.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Yes living in Bradley Stoke / Stoke Gifford area which is a huge city supported area, its difficult to get to and from the ground easily. A patchway train takes about 13mins to get to Parsons street however the issue on weekend and weeknight is the frequency of direct trains back!

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes living in Bradley Stoke / Stoke Gifford area which is a huge city supported area, its difficult to get to and from the ground easily. A patchway train takes about 13mins to get to Parsons street however the issue on weekend and weeknight is the frequency of direct trains back!

I can’t understand why they don’t run special metro bus services on a matchday,  preferably that run straight through rather than needing a change. 

As it is, the options from east Bristol are Bris P&R which is direct (and really good) or Metro Bus, needing at least one change and not running on an evening. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I use the M1 and M2 metrobus for all games now, easy journey to and from AG. The new M4 metrobus has opened up a route for those living in Stoke Gifford as well.

M2 stops around 9.30 pm unfortunately, so night games means picking up M1 at Parson Street.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Exactly the same for the many fans in Sodbury and Yate. Reliability and frequency/times of public transport...or the ball ache of driving, and finding parking without it being full of stress. 

13 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

15k-plus ST holders next season

13 hours ago, Bris Red said:

15k ST holders

15,000 STs at the start of the season would be huge. At the start of this season we had just under 13,500, so it would be an 11% increase. Couple that with the rise in prices and we'd have a pretty big bump in ST revenue.

I'd be cautious though as that is a big, big jump. Personally I suspect the Club would be happy to get 14,000 or more, then assuming we shift a few hundred half STs in the winter (although that's very dependent on league position) we'd have a very healthy number of STs this time next season.

Still quite a way off needing to expand the stadium though - remember that the total figures expressed for home attendances include both absent ST holders and away fans. I expect our true realistic average home gate is something around 17,500. Which don't get me wrong is brilliant, but it's a way off the level needed for expansion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Exactly the same for the many fans in Sodbury and Yate. Reliability and frequency/times of public transport...or the ball ache of driving, and finding parking without it being full of stress. 

Parking has always been an issue since cumberland basin was double yellowed. Years ago you could park in the Aldi car park but now you have to find parking off of North Street somehwhere.

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Parking has always been an issue since cumberland basin was double yellowed. Years ago you could park in the Aldi car park but now you have to find parking off of North Street somehwhere.

Yes, it always has been an ' issue' but you could always find somewhere to park. But since the parking restrictions on streets, it's nigh on impossible. 

52 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

This would definitely be something that was popular. 

Maybe one to ask on Jerry’s (who’s a north Bristol bloke himself) sub-forum.