IGNORED

Films you can watch again and again

weepywall

Sat watching the original Italian Job, seen it numerous times and still love it, got me thinking about films I never get bored of. Mine would be The Italian Job, Shawshank Redemption, Papillon, The Great Escape, The Sting and any of The Toy Story's. ?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Sat watching the original Italian Job, seen it numerous times and still love it, got me thinking about films I never get bored of. Mine would be The Italian Job, Shawshank Redemption, Papillon, The Great Escape, The Sting and any of The Toy Story's. ?

Withnail&I, Withnail & I, Withnail & I.

(I used to have a 1967 Morris Cooper 1275 S!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Outlaw Josey Wales, Jaws, Shawshank, The Exorcist, Schindlers List, Taken, Inglorious Basterds, se7en, The Thing, Shaun Of The Dead, Anchorman, Blazing Saddles, The Life of Brian, Quadrophenia, Elf. 

Edited by glynriley

10 hours ago, weepywall said:

Snatch, Get Carter original, carry on camping, Debbie does Dallas, Black hawk down.

20 hours ago, weepywall said:

Godfather, Blazing Saddles, Eddie and the Cruisers & In Bruges.

Edited by BigTone

Got to say I'm not the biggest film-goer but I do enjoy The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Apollo 13, and I watched my annual appreciation of the WIcker Man the other day. Harry Potter films also seem to crop up at frequent enough intervals.

Star Wars 6-9 but mainly Return of the Jedi every Xmas, as it reminds me of Christmas TV in the 80s.

LOTR trilogy. 

Not strictly a film, but Band of Brothers (might as well be).

Usual Suspects

American Pie 1-4 The films dropped at the same stage I was in life, brilliant comedies. 

The Dark Knight 

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can't believe Usual Suspects and Goodfellas haven't been mentioned. I'd throw in Se7en and American Beauty too.

Shame Spacey is a sex offender, cus he's a quite brilliant actor 

Superbad and Anchorman too

Yes, I would throw in Baby Driver as another top film with Spacey in it, I have watched that several times too.

Another great film maker that seems to be cancelled in some quarters is Woody Allen, but Manhattan, Annie Hall, Sleeper, Broadway Danny Rose, are all easy to watch again and again.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 23:25, Port Said Red said:

A lot of of the ones already mentioned, I will add

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Casablanca

Planet of the Apes (original Charlton Heston)

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

The Graduate

Dark Star

The Lavender Hill Mob (original)

Two Way Stretch

Now there's a film that not many know about  ,Dark Star................brilliant film , sort of Easy Rider meets Silent Running. Great sound track too !

Mine are 

Zulu, Groundhog Day (obviously), Poltergeist and Magnificent Seven (1960) .

• Like 1