IGNORED

Films you can watch again and again

weepywall

19 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Where Eagles Dare.  

Ron Goodwin's music score is phenomenal.

Clint was Clint but without a horse.

Mr Burton was almost believable as a super-fit Army Major.

The scenery and action!

The film was made without CGI and green screens (but they did pioneer a new way of acting in front of a projected screen).

The Alistair McLean screenplay (actually written before the book) might be slightly bonkers in the plot BUT what escapism....and that's just for the viewer. "Broadsword calling Danny Boy."

The stunts! I went to school with the son of Richard Burton's stuntman, Alf Joint. Those stunts took place on real cable cars.

Great film...you forgot to mention the beautiful Ingrid Pitt who played Heidi. She's got a bit of the Liz Hurley's about her ❤️

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Great film...you forgot to mention the beautiful Ingrid Pitt who played Heidi. She's got a bit of the Liz Hurley's about her ❤️

Mary Ure played the girl from Dusseldorf who couldn't remember if the cathedral was on the left or right of the square!

She was a top stage actress of her day. 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 06:49, WarksRobin said:

Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow

"Never ending story" ? ?

I'm a bit odd with films, maybe because I watch them while on the cross trainer, I can watch most films over and over. The thing for me is ones I can't rewatch, but I still liked.
Memento is great, but because of the twist I struggle to watch again knowing the end.
The machinist is another, great twist but knowing the ending kind of stops me wanting to watch again. Not sure why as there are dozens I watch over and over.

22 hours ago, spudski said:

She came to a dinner party my slightly older (and posher) housemates threw in 1985 as the guest of [Bridgwater boy] horror film writer Kim Newman. I had no idea she was Polish and had quite an Eastern European accent. I was rather dazzled by her, I have to say.

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

She came to a dinner party my slightly older (and posher) housemates threw in 1985 as the guest of [Bridgwater boy] horror film writer Kim Newman. I had no idea she was Polish and had quite an Eastern European accent. I was rather dazzled by her, I have to say.

Stunner RR...she would be welcome to my ' Broadsword ' ???

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Stunner RR...she would be welcome to my ' Broadsword ' ???

She'd recently finished filming for Wild Geese II. If you saw the original, you'll know how unfit and pissed the actors playing a 'crack team of mercenaries' were then. This one was 6 years later! Richard Burton died the day before they were due to begin and they had to recast his role. Laurence Olivier - playing Rudolph Hess - was so old, they had to tape his lines in large script to the props. 

It always reminds me of this bit of Harry Enfield parody gold (5' 18" into this): 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 10:00, Port Said Red said:

Yes, I would throw in Baby Driver as another top film with Spacey in it, I have watched that several times too.

Another great film maker that seems to be cancelled in some quarters is Woody Allen, but Manhattan, Annie Hall, Sleeper, Broadway Danny Rose, are all easy to watch again and again.

Cancelled? He’s a paedophile.

• Hmmm 1