IGNORED

Retained Lists

Now that the EFL season is over, bar those sides in the play offs, retained lists have started to appear with Barrow and Morecambe leading the way. Nothing of interest for City as yet but on a personal level I'll be interested to see which lower league team will offer Cole Stockton a contract. Still a useful lower level goalscorer. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Stockton could score at Champ level…he can score any type of goal, he’s just one of those players.  I’m surprised nobody took a punt last summer.

But I doubt anyone will this summer (again).

Released cos Morecambe are Donald Ducked financially. Would have expected the Few to be in for him. Joey likes fishing that lake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think Stockton could score at Champ level…he can score any type of goal, he’s just one of those players.  I’m surprised nobody took a punt last summer.

In todays financial climate very few ‘bigger’ clubs are willing to take a punt on a CF with no experience of the Championship - especially as he’s nearing 30.

City have been down that road before with John Akinde and Mo Eisa both scoring freely in the lower leagues but failing to make the necessary step up Championship standard - even more unlikely when a player is almost 30.

Edited by Robbored

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe they’re out of parachute payments next season which is likely to be a contributing factor

They have a dodgy owner and major financial problems. When a club takes out a £20m loan with MSD to cover current costs and the owner is taking money out of the club and not repaying it the warning lights are flashing.

They don't have players they can sell for big money so their fans expect them to be the next crisis club.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

In todays financial climate very few ‘bigger’ clubs are willing to take a punt on a CF with no experience of the Championship - especially as he’s nearing 30.

City have been down that road before with John Akinde and Mo Eisa both scoring freely in the lower leagues but failing to make the necessary step up Championship standard - even more unlikely when a player is almost 30.

Before my time but Tony Book didn't do to bad.

Really, Really Hope...............that Tomas ends up staying...........for me, even with his injury problem this season, he remains one of the very best central defenders in the Championship, and i would not like him to end up playing elsewhere.

Re Cole Stockton. 
I can confirm for absolute fact that Forest Green Rovers made a bid for him in the January window. 
The move was very likely to happen and Stockton was on board with it, but Morecambe wanted too much. Half a mil apparently. 
So FGR decided not to pay it and would try to get him in the summer. 
However, with their relegation and Stockton’s end of season form, he likely will not be going to FGR any more! 

Re Alfie May. Yes, I’m certain he’ll have championship interest. He’s had a great season 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I think ive seen nick powell is to be released by stoke. Unquestionably talented in the championship, but not sure his injury record, plus possible attitude and wage demands would put him anywhere near our radar?!

Not with the history between him and Pearson from their Leicester days. Along with Lingard, Nige was not impressed with their attitudes to say the least.

Never going to happen.

7 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I think ive seen nick powell is to be released by stoke. Unquestionably talented in the championship, but not sure his injury record, plus possible attitude and wage demands would put him anywhere near our radar?!

Powell from what a crewe fan told me up there years ago has always had a bad attitude probably why he never made it at united .

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

They have a dodgy owner and major financial problems. When a club takes out a £20m loan with MSD to cover current costs and the owner is taking money out of the club and not repaying it the warning lights are flashing.

They don't have players they can sell for big money so their fans expect them to be the next crisis club.

Tallies with what my mates up here say. Completely goosed by a shady owner. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

We’ve been burnt too many times in the last couple of decades by this sort of signing. I don’t think he will be on our radar at all.

10 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Powell from what a crewe fan told me up there years ago has always had a bad attitude probably why he never made it at united .

Yep, heard similar. Very, very talented but knew it and was totally indulged by the Crewe coaching staff.

Had a few issues at Man Utd as well, though he may have grown up a bit since.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

Really, Really Hope...............that Tomas ends up staying...........for me, even with his injury problem this season, he remains one of the very best central defenders in the Championship, and i would not like him to end up playing elsewhere.

I get it, but he hasnt been worth the transfer fee or wages overall as far as i can see. I think he would do well in a European league somewhere, extending kalas at this point it seems to me will only end up being another big contract with not a lot of benefit on the pitch?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 09/05/2023 at 14:59, Davefevs said:

Would we have to dig deep for Cole?

(Sorry Dave, slow day)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Stoke have released 7, including Nick Powell, Phil Jagielka, Morgan Fox, Aden Flint & Sam Clucas.

Nice to see Frankie Fielding get offered another year there.

Also see that around that number again have gone back to their parent clubs as their loans have expired, including Tuanzebe, who seems destined to be the next Kalas in the respect that he just seems to go out on loan every season.

Not sure how he's played recently, but at one point was fairly highly rated at Man Utd. At what point are players like that going to realise they need to leave to make a name for themselves?

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I get it, but he hasnt been worth the transfer fee or wages overall as far as i can see. I think he would do well in a European league somewhere, extending kalas at this point it seems to me will only end up being another big contract with not a lot of benefit on the pitch?

Sorry.....I most definitely disagree. Pearson obviously rates him very highly, which is more than good enough for me.    Prior to his unfortunate ongoing injury issues this past season, as a result of the wear and tear over the past three seasons, he has been outstanding.   During which period,  he has been a committed and regular member of our defence, and has become one of our most consistent and reliable performers.  To say he has NOT been worth his transfer fee, and will NOT be a benefit on the pitch in the future..........is IMO an insult to an outstanding international footballer!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Sorry.....I most definitely disagree. Pearson obviously rates him very highly, which is more than good enough for me.    Prior to his unfortunate ongoing injury issues this past season, as a result of the wear and tear over the past three seasons, he has been outstanding.   During which period,  he has been a committed and regular member of our defence, and has become one of our most consistent and reliable performers.  To say he has NOT been worth his transfer fee, and will NOT be a benefit on the pitch in the future..........is IMO an insult to an outstanding international footballer!

Agree completely, and have posted on numerous occasions about how the "sicknote" tag that has been given to him by certain sections of OTIB is just a load of bollocks that 1 person has said, and has had people jump on the bandwagon. Suddenly he's a waste of money.

If Kalas doesn't re-sign with us, you can guarantee he'll sign for someone higher up the league and probably be part of a very decent team.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Taz said:

Agree completely, and have posted on numerous occasions about how the "sicknote" tag that has been given to him by certain sections of OTIB is just a load of bollocks that 1 person has said, and has had people jump on the bandwagon. Suddenly he's a waste of money.

If Kalas doesn't re-sign with us, you can guarantee he'll sign for someone higher up the league and probably be part of a very decent team.

Well said Taz....You agreed completely............and now i completely agree  ?  

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I get it, but he hasnt been worth the transfer fee or overall as far as i can see. I think he would do well in a European league somewhere, extending kalas at this point it seems to me will only end up being another big contract with not a lot of benefit on the pitch?

On his day a fit Kalas would still be a top member of the squad but his availability has not been great since joining city.  

155 games in 5 seasons is 31 games per season. Even if you take out this season its 147 in 4 seasons - 36 games a season.

Compared to Weimann who has played 195 games in the same 5 seasons, despite his injury a couple of years back. Or Flint who played 246 in 5 years. 

Vyner with 122 games in the last 3 seasons has better availability despite being out of form/favour for periods. 

• Confused 1