IGNORED

Retained Lists

51 minutes ago, Taz said:

Also see that around that number again have gone back to their parent clubs as their loans have expired, including Tuanzebe, who seems destined to be the next Kalas in the respect that he just seems to go out on loan every season.

Not sure how he's played recently, but at one point was fairly highly rated at Man Utd. At what point are players like that going to realise they need to leave to make a name for themselves?

Injuries have done for him. Think he's out of contract this summer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taz said:

Agree completely, and have posted on numerous occasions about how the "sicknote" tag that has been given to him by certain sections of OTIB is just a load of bollocks that 1 person has said, and has had people jump on the bandwagon. Suddenly he's a waste of money.

If Kalas doesn't re-sign with us, you can guarantee he'll sign for someone higher up the league and probably be part of a very decent team.

I think you are right that Kalas could get a better move if he leaves and that his injury problems are bad luck rather than an ongoing problem but I just think a combination of his high wages, Vyner’s form and the fact he hasn’t been able to prove his fitness in the second half of the season will mean we don’t offer him a contract, or at least not at the level that he would want.

I also think that might be the right decision for us. We have three good Championship level defenders and could probably get another defender in who - even if not as good as Kalas - would be good enough to enable us to use our budget in other key areas and the unsuccessful gamble on Baker’s fitness might mean we decide it is not a risk worth taking. I think Kalas can and will succeed elsewhere but him doing so might ultimately suit both him and the club.

Edited by LondonBristolian

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see Matty Taylor has been released by Oxford. Wonder where he will go. 

Had a deal lined up at Port Vale prior to Darrell Clarke being sacked, so not too sure if they'll end up going for it anyway, got 4 in 14 games I think. 

A lot of Oxford fans seem to think he's finished at the level. 

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

Sorry.....I most definitely disagree. Pearson obviously rates him very highly, which is more than good enough for me.    Prior to his unfortunate ongoing injury issues this past season, as a result of the wear and tear over the past three seasons, he has been outstanding.   During which period,  he has been a committed and regular member of our defence, and has become one of our most consistent and reliable performers.  To say he has NOT been worth his transfer fee, and will NOT be a benefit on the pitch in the future..........is IMO an insult to an outstanding international footballer!

A very good Championship player WHEN fit, which he hasn't managed this season and has had a couple of problems in recent seasons. A double edged sword, bad deal if he continues to have injury problems, a stroke of genius if he can stay fit for a season. Would be valuable to have if he will accept lower wages, but tough to justify a top earner that can't play.

Unfortunately you know that if we release him he'll go to a top Championship side, stay fit and will help them go up, if we extend his contract he'll be crocked for over half the season again!

55 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Curtis Davies released from Derby. Wonder if he’s an option given our pursuit of him last summer. 

Shouldn't imagine so, another year older and being released from division below. Only played 24 times as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFCAL said:

A very good Championship player WHEN fit, which he hasn't managed this season and has had a couple of problems in recent seasons. A double edged sword, bad deal if he continues to have injury problems, a stroke of genius if he can stay fit for a season. Would be valuable to have if he will accept lower wages, but tough to justify a top earner that can't play.

Unfortunately you know that if we release him he'll go to a top Championship side, stay fit and will help them go up, if we extend his contract he'll be crocked for over half the season again!

Prior to last seasons injury..........TK played 143 games over three and a half season's, plus Seventeen   -     Full internationals, including the Euros for the Czechs.  It is a complete myth that he is injury prone, he has had injury problems last season  due to hardly having a rest over the prior seasons. ....       (As commented on by NP)   But Hey!........Why let facts get in the way of a good story?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Prior to last seasons injury..........TK played 143 games over three and a half season's, plus Seventeen   -     Full internationals, including the Euros for the Czechs.  It is a complete myth that he is injury prone, he has had injury problems last season  due to hardly having a rest over the prior seasons. ....       (As commented on by NP)   But Hey!........Why let facts get in the way of a good story?

And some of the games he missed in 19/20 were because Marley Watkins bust his cheekbone!!

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And some of the games he missed in 19/20 were because Marley Watkins bust his cheekbone!!

ah yeh, thats a really good point - can't blame him for that.

I would rather he stayed. Naismith, Atkinson, Vyner and Kalas would be a good set of centre backs. Hopefully next season knight-lebel and maybe Araoye will get their chance too.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Dave...........Please explain the Marley Watkins cheekbone incident......I can't remember it?    Am i being a bit thick?   Ha!

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Hi Dave...........Please explain the Marley Watkins cheekbone incident......I can't remember it?    Am i being a bit thick?   Ha!

Marley Watkins challenged for a header with TK and broke his jaw (not cheek).

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/9/24/17895226/toma-kalas-to-miss-six-weeks-with-jaw-double-fracture

22 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see Matty Taylor has been released by Oxford. Wonder where he will go. 

A glorious reunion at Giffords Circus.... sorry Da Roverz (it's the tents that threw me).

If only they hadn't wished him dead I think he would do well there.

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

I reckon Marley was hiding in the changing rooms, as usual, and opened the door at just the time Tomas (who thought he was first in after training) walked through it straight into his boat race.

What an absolute waste of a signing that lazy, wage-stealing *** was. I bet there's at least one absolute weapon on here though who claimed poor old Marley was "thrown under the bus".................

• Like 1

Plymouth:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/retained-list-0

Under contract: Michael Cooper, Macaulay Gillesphey, Matt Butcher, Joe Edwards, Mickel Miller, Adam Randell, Ben Waine, Saxon Earley, Callum Burton, Callum Wright, Tyreik Wright, Will Jenkins Davies, Caleb Roberts. 

Option to extend exercised: Brendan Galloway, Oscar Halls.

Under-18s offered new contracts: Jack Endacott, Zak Baker.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Jordan Houghton, James Wilson, Dan Scarr, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis.

Out of contract, released: James Bolton, Conor Grant, Danny Mayor, Luke Jephcott, Adam Parkes, Ryan Law, Finley Craske, Brandon Pursall.

Loan expired: Sam Cosgrove, Bali Mumba, Finn Azaz, Nigel Lonwijk, Jay Matete.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Plymouth:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/retained-list-0

Under contract: Michael Cooper, Macaulay Gillesphey, Matt Butcher, Joe Edwards, Mickel Miller, Adam Randell, Ben Waine, Saxon Earley, Callum Burton, Callum Wright, Tyreik Wright, Will Jenkins Davies, Caleb Roberts. 

Option to extend exercised: Brendan Galloway, Oscar Halls.

Under-18s offered new contracts: Jack Endacott, Zak Baker.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Jordan Houghton, James Wilson, Dan Scarr, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis.

Out of contract, released: James Bolton, Conor Grant, Danny Mayor, Luke Jephcott, Adam Parkes, Ryan Law, Finley Craske, Brandon Pursall.

Loan expired: Sam Cosgrove, Bali Mumba, Finn Azaz, Nigel Lonwijk, Jay Matete.

This is the problem with filling your 1st team squad with loans. 
Their most valuable players (Cooper aside) were all loans. 
Id argue only Cooper, Randell & Callum Wright are good enough for the Championship. And Cooper has an ACL. 

Plymouth have an absolutely massive recruitment job in their hands this summer! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bredwood said:

See Luke Jephcott has been released. It was only a year or so back that he was being touted as the next big thing.

Yep, thought he had the knack in the box…looked a scorer.  But then he started to play less as a goalhanger, and he’s gone off the boil.

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I know it's only four days but do we always take a particularly long time with our retained lists or is it just that a few clubs get them out early and I assume everyone else has done them? I feel this happens every season and don't know if it is just my assumption that more clubs have completed them than really have...

3rd Saturday in May is the cut-off usually…not sure if elongated season due to WC changes that.  Some clubs just getting theirs out early.

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I know it's only four days but do we always take a particularly long time with our retained lists or is it just that a few clubs get them out early and I assume everyone else has done them? I feel this happens every season and don't know if it is just my assumption that more clubs have completed them than really have...

Think we were very quick off the block at the end of Pearson’s first few months, 11 were released straight away.

Last season I think we were more middle of the pack, I expect ours on Tuesday (don’t know anything, just a guess).

Only QPR & Stoke so far in our division?

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think we were very quick off the block at the end of Pearson’s first few months, 11 were released straight away.

Last season I think we were more middle of the pack, I expect ours on Tuesday (don’t know anything, just a guess).

Only QPR & Stoke so far in our division?

Norwich as well, announced a couple of days before they'd played their last game.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Why fret about when it's announced - we already know our retained list, surely?