IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

Shame its not happening, it would have been a brilliant signing for us and a bit of a statement too.

Player with EPL experience, Ligue 1 experience, two promotions to the EPL, and still a decent age on a free transfer. Too good not to have a go at it, didn't come off, but fair play to the club in trying and best of luck to Bryan for his future.

Its early in the window and there are plenty of other types of fish in the sea.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe - we can agree to disagree.

His name has nothing to do with it….generally many City fans think nobody is good enough for us.  If it was another footballer with his profile we’d be thinking differently.  Take Matty James signing.

I was skeptical of James but he did come off a good season with Coventry tbf and we had a need for a CM.

JB would have been a good signing but just wasn’t sure he walks into the side as it stands. Not gutted he isn’t returning. Roberts seems much more the profile we should be bringing in for that position. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Roberts seems much more the profile we should be bringing in for that position. 

I guess this shows that we are much better structured in recruitment, that we are straight onto the next one.

Before the Bryan interest, not saying Roberts himself, but this was the profile I expected us to go for.  I guess Currie had given us that steer in January.  Someone to come in, ready to play when needed, but push Pring.  Roberts appears to be superior to Currie…and might even be completely free, not even compo)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess this shows that we are much better structured in recruitment, that we are straight onto the next one.

Before the Bryan interest, not saying Roberts himself, but this was the profile I expected us to go for.  I guess Currie had given us that steer in January.  Someone to come in, ready to play when needed, but push Pring.  Roberts appears to be superior to Currie…and might even be completely free, not even compo)

How do Roberts stats compare to L1 full backs? Is it as I expect in that he's very astute defensively but less so going forwards?

I read that he also prefers playing as a CB, so I'm genuinely interested to see if he's signed as cover for Pring or if he's a CB, and maybe McCrorie is signed as a midfielder?

We seem to be getting lots of versatility in.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

" City made an early, persuasive and financially-appealing pitch "

Yeah but only for 1 year..........

Where did this one year thing come from ?

Not seen it anywhere other than a post on here based on nothing ?

Data: (compared to Lg1 full-backs)

IMG_7567.thumb.jpeg.bbf9232bdf1d32208b3a337a34fcc1b4.jpeg

overall - scores well in every category. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_7568.thumb.jpeg.9e2b58c575dd7d7b40b4f06c060ba954.jpeg

defending: wins his one v ones (top left box), at least the ones he attempts.  Better than average in anticipating loose balls (top right).  Aerially good (bottom left).  Intercepts rather than slides in on his arse (bottom right).  I only found two videos of him attempting slide tackles…he missed them both.  Shows maturity to stay on his feet. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_7569.thumb.jpeg.45f1b3b94ebb8bbb8db9ae8c33577389.jpeg

Creative passing: pretty much at a par with his Lg1 peers across 3 of the areas…bottom right is set-pieces, so he’s not a regular taker! ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_7570.thumb.jpeg.3ce02b027f2b772369c5f5d7decd89de.jpeg

On the ball: with the ball at his feet (top two boxes) he’s pretty much average.  However, his progressive passing (between the lines) is very good (bottom left).  Comfy getting on the ball too (bottom right) ⬆️⬆️⬆️

IMG_7571.jpeg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a shame but if he is going abroad respect for thsat More English players perhaps should but that's for another  thread..

..So long as 'abroad' isn't Cardiff or even Swansea ha!

Ideally I would have wanted Roberts and Bryan as can link up on left etc but such is life. Roberts has promise and think we ideally need a squad of 24-25. Unsure how many of the 2 fringe keepers we keep? Still questions about King and Kalas contractually so haven't yet stuck them in the below.

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Tanner, Wilson, Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Pring

Naismith, James, Williams, Scott

Cornick, Bell, Sykes, Mehmeti, Benarous

Conway, Wells, Weimann

We can add McCrorie soon hopefully. Am I missing anyone in the above?

I know that Bath City have enquired about taking Wiles-Richards on loan and are very keen. I think we may be looking for a conference loan personally. Still think we will be bringing another keeper to the club.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

But disrespectful that mate. @Bcfcshags has been right about a lot, ranging from highly unlikely team selections to the new kit supplier, and has fed information as soon as he has it. He’s as sound as an ITK as I’ve seen during my time on here and has only got one thing wrong that I remember (HWR playing Vs QPR). If he’s been steered wrong here then I’m in no doubt he’ll respond in the right way.

Not doubting your source, but wording it as “So we are just taking what someone called BCFCshags as gospel then?” comes across a bit needlessly confrontational 

Just to be clear it wasn’t intended as disrespectful more in jest, just misjudged and fair play to the poster quite clearly does have a connection based on past postings I wasn’t aware of! So apologies to @Bcfcshags if taken in the wrong way. You made me look stupid in the process at least… nothing new there mins.

Hold my hands up fair play, and to be clear I didn’t have a source it was my attempt of humour ?‍♂️ 

Good luck abroad Joe!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Where did this one year thing come from ?

Not seen it anywhere other than a post on here based on nothing ?

Agreed I find it frankly not believable we would offer one year  , it’s not something any club would do , he’s 29 not 39 , smells like bull shit tbh 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Shouldn’t we all wait before it’s announced on the official site that he’s not coming before getting all disappointed?

No, because you'll be waiting until you're dead.

Why would the club put out a piece about who they aren't signing?

Imagine if they had to do that for every player we're rumoured to be interested in, it'd create a full time job for somebody.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 04/06/2023 at 11:45, bpexile said:

All joking aside, we know that Joe can make a very last minute change of clubs so until he actually signs on for us I won't be holding my breath.

Really hope he does though ?

(That is, signs for us not change his mind.)

My fears have been realised........:grr: :gaah:..........

We move on :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Why would the club announce that a player won’t be signing for us?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

No, because you'll be waiting until you're dead.

Why would the club put out a piece about who they aren't signing?

Imagine if they had to do that for every player we're rumoured to be interested in, it'd create a full time job for somebody.

You two aren’t familiar with Robbored? ?