IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

10 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I am assuming his move abroad didn't quite materialise? I think the likely situation is that Pearson probably pulled the plug on this one fairly quickly so we could move on to sign Roberts. Shame, but if he wasn't fully committed then i'm glad we moved on (of course this is just an assumption).

Nope he messed the club around after agreeing terms like he did before he moved to Fulham , club are fuming with him and rightly so.

1 minute ago, daored said:

Why would he get a bad reception ?

Because he's playing against us, and has messed us about this summer?

I won't be applauding him, certainly not whilst the game's going on...

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Weird how this one has panned out indeed…

Why's he signing there? Seems a bit odd.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jimbo123 said:

Because he's playing against us, and has messed us about this summer?

I won't be applauding him, certainly not whilst the game's going on...

Why's he signing there? Seems a bit odd.

Far more important things in life to get upset about, but each to their own I guess 

• Like 3

Just now, Port Said Red said:

It's very much what I was led to believe, made me wonder if he had doubts over his fitness to play in a heavy pressing team.

Seems strange to allegedly agree terms with the club if that was the case though? Hardly a secret we play that way.

We'll never really know, but it does seem strange to spend a considerable amount of time in discussion with the club just to move to another championship team.

End of the day, he gave his word to us to sign, then said he had changed his mind and wanted to see what other offers there was. Understandable in his position, but also understandable that we went on to pursue other options. When his options elsewhere were probably not better than us, he may have had some regrets, but we wouldn't need to sign him now, where we have filled that role. 

I don't see this as anyone's fault, he wanted to explore his options and we moved on as he wouldn't commit when we wanted him to. 

Probably thinks he deserves to be first choice and not to have to work for it which isn’t how Pearson works.

definitely boo him if he turns up at Ashton Gate to play against us. He burnt his bridges a long time ago and stuck the knife in again it seems. No room for sentiment here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Joe came through the ranks here & was heavily involved in one of the best seasons we've ever had. For the goal v Swindon alone, I'd forgive him pretty much anything.

The truth is we have no idea what his reasons are, but he's a pro footballer (not a fan, like us) & it's entirely up to him where he wants to ply his trade.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Nope he messed the club around after agreeing terms like he did before he moved to Fulham , club are fuming with him and rightly so.

You may be right, but forgive me if I doubt your credibilty after your silly comments yesterday concerning our blue friends' manager.

12 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Probably thinks he deserves to be first choice and not to have to work for it which isn’t how Pearson works.

definitely boo him if he turns up at Ashton Gate to play against us. He burnt his bridges a long time ago and stuck the knife in again it seems. No room for sentiment here

Always easy to criticise a bloke for an attitude you’ve just made up in your own imagination!

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I expect some morons will boo best way would be to just ignore him.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, BLRed said:

1. If there's no room for sentiment, why will you be booing him? Which will likely only make him play better, btw. Is that what you want?

2. What he achieved here previously deserves our respect, whatever has happened this summer.

3. It's not as if he was the only Left sided option out there - it took all of 5 minutes to find an alternative signing (if that's what Roberts was - we'll never know. Roberts is a better defender, btw)

So all in all, no great loss and we move on as this sort of thing happens all the time in football. 

You could have a point about Bryan wanting to be first choice. At 29 and not having played much recently, perhaps he wants to go somewhere he's guaranteed games. Good luck to him, I say. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Joe came through the ranks here & was heavily involved in one of the best seasons we've ever had. For the goal v Swindon alone, I'd forgive him pretty much anything.

The truth is we have no idea what his reasons are, but he's a pro footballer (not a fan, like us) & it's entirely up to him where he wants to ply his trade.

Spot on.

Good luck to him, I’d have loved to see him back but it wasn’t to be.

Can’t understand the criticism, it’s a short career & he needs to do whatever is best for him.

According to some on here he isn’t very good, anyway..

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You may be right, but forgive me if I doubt your credibilty after your silly comments yesterday concerning our blue friends' manager.

What was silly about it then . Just because someone said something you don’t like doesn’t mean it isn’t true , can’t stay wrapped in cotton wool forever the world isn’t always how you want it to be .

1 minute ago, TDarwall said:

Also worth remembering that away from football, JB is undisputably one of the good guys:

1. Did lots in the community;

2. Paid for a local players medical treatment 

3. Has been v open about his issues with mental health 

4. Paid for vandalised pitches to be repaired 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Also worth remembering that away from football, JB is undisputably one of the good guys:

1. Did lots in the community;

2. Paid for a local players medical treatment 

3. Has been v open about his issues with mental health 

I've seen him in the away stands watching City since leaving us. 

• Like 5

I’m not worried about him going elsewhere. We’ve got Mehmeti who has lots of ability, but last season didn’t seem to know how to apply it. This season, with a bit more experience and coaching, he could come good and do the job that Bryan would have done 

48 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

What was silly about it then . Just because someone said something you don’t like doesn’t mean it isn’t true , can’t stay wrapped in cotton wool forever the world isn’t always how you want it to be .

I would suggest that the fact your post and subsequent comments have been removed suggests it was not the most intelligent.

In fact, I would go further and suggest that, were there one iota of truth in your scurrilous suggestion, this would be headline making news, both on here and on the blue side.