IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I would suggest that the fact your post and subsequent comments have been removed suggests it was not the most intelligent.

In fact, I would go further and suggest that, were there one iota of truth in your scurrilous suggestion, this would be headline making news, both on here and on the blue side.

Ok then mate 

Have a good day ?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I would suggest that the fact your post and subsequent comments have been removed suggests it was not the most intelligent.

In fact, I would go further and suggest that, were there one iota of truth in your scurrilous suggestion, this would be headline making news, both on here and on the blue side.

It may have been headline making news if a few people knew about it. What if only one or two people knew?

I know of a woman who worked at City sleeping with 2 married City players a few years ago (ex players now). It wasn't reported on here or anywhere as far as I am aware, but I can guarantee it was true as I knew her very well.

I'd also bet a few others on here know of such stories too that are 100% true.

Edited by TheReds
  • Flames 1

I know it happens with every club but I don’t understand people wanting to boo a player in Joes position.

Just because he used to play for us doesn’t mean he has an obligation to resign for us when we want him.

No, he’ll do what anyone would do in his position, take what’s best for him. 

Joey is one of the best players to have ever come out of our academy, and had a brilliant senior tenure at the club. I won’t be booing him and neither should any logical person imo.

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, George Rs said:

I know it happens with every club but I don’t understand people wanting to boo a player in Joes position.

Just because he used to play for us doesn’t mean he has an obligation to resign for us when we want him.

No, he’ll do what anyone would do in his position, take what’s best for him. 

Joey is one of the best players to have ever come out of our academy, and had a brilliant senior tenure at the club. I won’t be booing him and neither should any logical person imo.

I just wish it wasn't bloody Millwall. The small mercy being that it isn't Cardiff or Swansea.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Like Marlon Pack, there is always the view that he may have thought that he didn’t want to come back in fear of tarnishing his reputation???

Did Marlon have a reputation to tarnish then?? ?

Re Joey - fair play to him - bit weird that the call was that he wanted to go abroad but it looks like he really enjoys London life so good for him.  Short career and he can do what he likes - he owes us nothing.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Nope he messed the club around after agreeing terms like he did before he moved to Fulham , club are fuming with him and rightly so.

Yep, the Club seem pretty pissed off with him.

“There was speculation about Joe coming in, and I spoke with him a number of times,” Pearson said. “My view on that one is actually, he was brave enough to talk about having some reservations. We here are trying to create a side which is driven by a real thirst and hunger - it’s important we don’t make mistakes in terms of bringing players in.

“Joe would have been a fabulous signing for us in many ways but only if it felt right. For him to verbalise that to me, I was very pleased. I said to him the door is never closed. It would have been an expensive signing for us, we can’t afford to have players in the building who question whether it’s exactly the right move for them. It was a disappointing one.”

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

All very fair. If he isn't sure it's right for him then better to decide that now than a few months down the line when he's signed a 2/3 year deal and would be an expensive problem to fix. And evidently Nige respects his honesty.

Edited by Northern Red

I’m not bothered and think the club have moved on. If JB was told he would be treated the same as everyone else in the squad and be selected on merit and he’s had a change of heart then so be it 

I recall some of the verbal spats he had with LJ on the touchline in games towards the end of his time at City and thought he overstepped the mark regardless of what he thought he shouldn’t be openly arguing the toss with the manager 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I’m not bothered and think the club have moved on. If JB was told he would be treated the same as everyone else in the squad and be selected on merit and he’s had a change of heart then so be it 

I recall some of the verbal spats he had with LJ on the touchline in games towards the end of his time at City and thought he overstepped the mark regardless of what he thought he shouldn’t be openly arguing the toss with the manager 

But where has anyone said that?

Worth a listen:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yep, the Club seem pretty pissed off with him.

“There was speculation about Joe coming in, and I spoke with him a number of times,” Pearson said. “My view on that one is actually, he was brave enough to talk about having some reservations. We here are trying to create a side which is driven by a real thirst and hunger - it’s important we don’t make mistakes in terms of bringing players in.

“Joe would have been a fabulous signing for us in many ways but only if it felt right. For him to verbalise that to me, I was very pleased. I said to him the door is never closed. It would have been an expensive signing for us, we can’t afford to have players in the building who question whether it’s exactly the right move for them. It was a disappointing one.”

You do realise multiple people have said what I’ve said and you shouldn’t take everything said in public to the media as fact . Nice of you to think of me though .

6 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

You do realise multiple people have said what I’ve said and you shouldn’t take everything said in public to the media as fact . Nice of you to think of me though .

Oh, that makes what you've said 100% fact. Nige talks about it openly, and very respectfully. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, James54De said:

Oh, that makes what you've said 100% fact. Nige talks about it openly, and very respectfully. 

Indeed, who knows the real truth?

Its not uncommon to hear all sorts is it?  Especially negative, critical stuff when a player doesn’t join.  It’s also quite likely that they are “cheesed off” he decided not to come-back, but how “cheesed off” is another matter.  So “cheesed off” they got in with it and went straight out and got Haydon Roberts.

Bit of poetic license on either side???

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, who knows the real truth?

Its not uncommon to hear all sorts is it?  Especially negative, critical stuff when a player doesn’t join.  It’s also quite likely that they are “cheesed off” he decided not to come-back, but how “cheesed off” is another matter.  So “cheesed off” they got in with it and went straight out and got Haydon Roberts.

Bit of poetic license on either side???

If Nige was angry, nothing would have been said. Let alone “the door is always open”. 

• Like 2

I’d like to know what was concerning him enough not to join?

genuinely can’t think of anything negative about joining City right now given we’re on the upward curve imo. A quality manager, a well grounded and competitive squad, better facilities since he was last here.

I can only guess his concern was over playing time at his stage in his career

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BLRed said:

Probably thinks he deserves to be first choice and not to have to work for it which isn’t how Pearson works.

definitely boo him if he turns up at Ashton Gate to play against us. He burnt his bridges a long time ago and stuck the knife in again it seems. No room for sentiment here

Presumably you would have preferred him to come back for the money and comfortable life and give people the opportunity to boo him from the terraces?

I believe he has shown he is better than that.

• Robin 1

39 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Agree, I think he'd have looked at our squad and thought, where am I going to start games regularly with the emergence of Cam Pring, and plenty of strength in depth on the left side of midfield/forwards?

The timing just didn't feel right. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I’d like to know what was concerning him enough not to join?

genuinely can’t think of anything negative about joining City right now given we’re on the upward curve imo. A quality manager, a well grounded and competitive squad, better facilities since he was last here.

Length of contract too, wonder if Millwall offered longer?