IGNORED

Pitch invasions

Robbored

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

I think SW might be in spot of trouble over this.

One question, your team has just had the greatest comeback since the prayoffs began, why?

Hard to tell from that if it's accidental or not. However, it's something like this that will lead to pitch invasions being completely clamped down on. I think most people want to see/be involved with this kind of pitch invasion - when something remarkable happens. I don't think Clubs, fans, or even the FA want to eradicate moments like this - but eventually, if fans deliberately come on to cause trouble, or use pitch invasions as cover to do so (not 100% sure that is the case here) those in charge will have to act. I imagine if/when that happens the FA/Gov/FIFA etc will get the blame, but the reality is it will be the fault of a minority of idiots. Officials, players, and staff have a right to be safe in their workplace.

Love a pitch invasion, 99% of fans are well behaved in my experiences but always going to get that 1% who are going to try and take a cheap shot at an official or player.

In reality there is no way to police it though. Unless we want to go back to fences encircling the pitches not a lot else can be done IMO.

• Like 1

Pitch celebrations are obviously a knee jerk reaction to winning an important game. 

It's funny when you think about it. 

The winning team runs inside...the fans run on to the pitch celebrating. 

Now what do they do?

It's sort of like when your daughter gets married, you get pissed and end up on the dance floor dad dancing and celebrating. 

At the time it seemed the right thing to do...on watching back video evidence, it's the most embarrassing thing you've done. ??

Just celebrate with your mates in the stand then head down the pub for a few..surely?

Steve Neville 119th minute! Never ever ever been so excited in my life.

I still get emotional now thinking of that night.Likewise Aldershot,Walsall,Doncaster,Rotherham,Hartlepool,Palace.

Run on if it means something and to celebrate imho .

After the Man Utd game the steward let me and the boys walk across the pitch and they still talk about it now.

As long as it’s done for the moment I haven’t got a problem.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Just celebrate with your mates in the stand then head down the pub for a few..surely?

The Hereford home leg of the FRT area final, we scored the 3rd and I was much to much of an adult to go on the pitch at 26...
Was I bollox , a minute later I was pulling young kids out of the way, we were going to Wembley .
I do get what you're saying , but if not for bad knees and a bad back , I have no doubt I'd want to get on the pitch even now, given the right circumstances .

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Hereford home leg of the FRT area final, we scored the 3rd and I was much to much of an adult to go on the pitch at 26...
Was I bollox , a minute later I was pulling young kids out of the way, we were going to Wembley .
I do get what you're saying , but if not for bad knees and a bad back , I have no doubt I'd want to get on the pitch even now, given the right circumstances .

Yeah...I get what you're saying. I just find in the cold light of day, its all a bit odd. It's pure instinct to show emotion.

I guess I'm getting old...back in the day id be in the ' mosh' pit...now I stand in front of the sound monitor thinking wtf is going on in front of me.

Same emotions.

I've answered my own thoughts ??☺️?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I just find in the cold light of day, its all a bit odd.

Absolutely , and as I said I honestly said I'm not running on the pitch , I'm an adult. That lasted almost a minute, it's emotions and what the game is all about. If people could control themselves it would be fine, they can't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Interesting discussion on TalkSport with Jim White and Simon Jordan on the subject of pitch invasions.

Jim White said that fans should obey the rules and simply not do it - there speaks a journalist. SJ hit the nail on the head by agreeing that’s it’s wrong and that it’s the home club that are con-sequenced but then said - how do you stop it? and added that fans are in a excited frenzy and pointed out the pitch invasion at Hillsborough last night - there speaks a former club owner who understands the fans.

He reckoned that even a militia couldn’t stop 50k excited and frenzied fans.

So? is there an answer?

Kinda hard to take Jim White criticising fans after he refused to provide a breath test following being caught drunk behind the wheel.

Jim White ain't gonna be happy about that well spirited pitch invasion! 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Forced and embarrassing by Man City fans. Sliding around like idiots 

Why is it embarrassing? Their team have just won the league 3 times in a row. If you can't have a pitch invasion after doing that then when can you? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Jim White ain't gonna be happy about that well spirited pitch invasion! 

Why is it embarrassing? Their team have just won the league 3 times in a row. If you can't have a pitch invasion after doing that then when can you? 

Title was already won. Pitch invasion IMO is instinctive