IGNORED

Massengo Contract

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

A million a year minimum wages is not risk free for someone with his ability.

No risk at just 1.5m compo to us - less than 400k pa amortised for a 4 year contract.

Cheap as chips for a player of his quality.

Kompany seems to like him, I think its likely that he must know a bit more than a bloke off a random internet forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

No risk at just 1.5m compo to us - less than 400k pa amortised for a 4 year contract.

Cheap as chips for a player of his quality.

Kompany seems to like him, I think its likely that he must know a bit more than a bloke off a random internet forum.

Are you calling this a random internet forum! ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

A million a year minimum wages is not risk free for someone with his ability.

For a u21 national for the French team, I would say that is pretty low risk when the potential upside is considered. If he doesn't hit the mark and goes on a few loans they could probably recoup most of the spend.

• Like 2

That’s him finished at Auxerre. It’s been a good move for him but finishing with relegation on the last day would have disappointed him after they did so well to get out of the bottom 4.

I wonder what the most first team games a midfielder has played before scoring a goal is. It must be getting on his nerves by now. Hope it comes next season……..maybe in the Prem

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

So after the great stories about homesickness and culture shocks, he's now going to Burnley .. you couldn't make this up,! 

He’s a professional footballer he’ll go where he can get the best deal financially and playing wise. If Burnley is that place then he’ll go there and get over ‘ homesickness and culture shocks’ , which , correct me if I’m wrong, he has never cited as a reason why he didn’t sign a new contract at City.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s a professional footballer he’ll go where he can get the best deal financially and playing wise. If Burnley is that place then he’ll go there and get over ‘ homesickness and culture shocks’ , which , correct me if I’m wrong, he has never cited as a reason why he didn’t sign a new contract at City.

No but as others have explained it must have affected his time here, how do you think he will find Burnley culture wise, compared to Monaco?  Come on major be the first to give me a lecture how cosmopolitan Burnley is

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

No but as others have explained it must have affected his time here, how do you think he will find Burnley culture wise, compared to Monaco?  Come on major be the first to give me a lecture how cosmopolitan Burnley is

They do like both kinds of music up there.

Country and Western.........................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

”Burnley is a shithole” is an irrelevant argument.

Quite.  Footballers rarely live in the town's whose clubs they play for.  In the case of Burnley players they probably live in somewhere posh in the Ribble Valley or Fylde peninsula. Some nightlife-lovers might even live in Manchester. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite.  Footballers rarely live in the town's whose clubs they play for.  In the case of Burnley players they probably live in somewhere posh in the Ribble Valley or Fylde peninsula. Some nightlife-lovers might even live in Manchester. 

Ribble Valley? Do they have a, secondary career as a wedding planner? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The career aim for Han-Noah is the highest level of football….if there isn’t a yearning to return home, why wouldn’t he go to Burnley under Kompany.

Yes. Isn't it funny, there are all these 'shitholes' across the country that people freely travel to only to sing 'I wanna go home' once they've got there. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The career aim for Han-Noah is the highest level of football….if there isn’t a yearning to return home, why wouldn’t he go to Burnley under Kompany.

Yep, agree Dave. 

We seem to have followed the familiar path on here of having gone from ‘wonder if the move to Bristol….’ to ‘it must have affected….’.

I’m not aware of any evidence that he found the move hard, felt homesick, wished he’d never come etc.

He might regret the fact that he came to a club that fairly quickly descended into turmoil…three managers, all with different ideas and none of them willing or able to play him consistently in a role that suited him.

I know that’s often the case in football, and he may view that as a valuable lesson too, but as you say if he’s given the chance of PL football, under an up and coming manager who’s got a clear vision for him that he can buy into, then he’ll jump at the chance. Whether it’s in London, Burnley or Wolverhampton. 

• Like 3

On 03/06/2023 at 21:49, ralphindevon said:

That’s him finished at Auxerre. It’s been a good move for him but finishing with relegation on the last day would have disappointed him after they did so well to get out of the bottom 4.

I wonder what the most first team games a midfielder has played before scoring a goal is. It must be getting on his nerves by now. Hope it comes next season……..maybe in the Prem

Oh dear. His confidence wont be good after that. Not good to have a relegation on your CV. He probably needs to stay at somewhere like Auxerre as that's currently his level. Prove himself first before any thoughts of playing higher standard.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Oh dear. His confidence wont be good after that. Not good to have a relegation on your CV. He probably needs to stay at somewhere like Auxerre as that's currently his level. Prove himself first before any thoughts of playing higher standard.

I don't think we can blame relegation on him. They were 2nd bottom when he arrived and went into the last game 5th from bottom. Any other year and 4th bottom is safe. 

Where he goes will be up to who wants him not just where he wants to go. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yep, agree Dave. 

We seem to have followed the familiar path on here of having gone from ‘wonder if the move to Bristol….’ to ‘it must have affected….’.

I’m not aware of any evidence that he found the move hard, felt homesick, wished he’d never come etc.

He might regret the fact that he came to a club that fairly quickly descended into turmoil…three managers, all with different ideas and none of them willing or able to play him consistently in a role that suited him.

I know that’s often the case in football, and he may view that as a valuable lesson too, but as you say if he’s given the chance of PL football, under an up and coming manager who’s got a clear vision for him that he can buy into, then he’ll jump at the chance. Whether it’s in London, Burnley or Wolverhampton. 

Han loved living in Bristol, he did struggle a bit during Covid with little to do and unable to pop home for ages. But all in all he lioved it

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I don't think we can blame relegation on him. They were 2nd bottom when he arrived and went into the last game 5th from bottom. Any other year and 4th bottom is safe. 

Where he goes will be up to who wants him not just where he wants to go. 

Also, I haven’t followed it week by week, but didn’t they have their poorest spell (when they got back into trouble) during a period when he didn’t play (injury, suspension?)??

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Also, I haven’t followed it week by week, but didn’t they have their poorest spell (when they got back into trouble) during a period when he didn’t play (injury, suspension?)??

Yes he was injured and they drew a few too many. 

• Thanks 1