IGNORED

Massengo Contract

On 20/06/2023 at 05:07, Clutton Caveman said:

Problem is too many of the assists were for the opposition when he lost the ball in our half.

?? it would really get on my wick. 

I know many people think he has great ability and I think he does too. If he was a competitor in a keepy uppy competition or any kind of close control exhibition you would really appreciate his range! 

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

?? it would really get on my wick. 

I know many people think he has great ability and I think he does too. If he was a competitor in a keepy uppy competition or any kind of close control exhibition you would really appreciate his range! 

Wonder why clubs higher up the food chain than us are looking at him then?

• Like 4

Just now, Davefevs said:

Not a fan are you @REDOXO! ?

No Dave. :laugh:! Don’t hide too well either. 

The issue with HNM is he has undoubted good close control. He has nice little drag backs and is good at getting between the opposition and the ball (Now make the comparison with Scott who has all of that and a million other aspects to his game)

HNM has not developed other aspects of his game to any extent since he got in the first team. Is that due to the club or due to the player, I don’t know, but he became a bigger and bigger liability as he wasn’t great at much of the team aspects of the game, including passing, shooting, tracking, defending, clearing (how many shanked clearances were there…my god) and pretty much anything other than having the ball at or near his feet. 

The bloke up the thread asked why some clubs may be interested, no fee of course, but he does have undoubted ability that some will hope to develop into a very good team player. We will see but City didn’t. The boy knew he wasn’t moving forward and the last year is now history. Mr Pearson didn’t want him for our first team for a number of reasons the contract thing just being one aspect. 

I hope the kid goes on to be a world beater, but he stalled here in the end and it’s on others to get the player out of him!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

No Dave. :laugh:! Don’t hide too well either. 

The issue with HNM is he has undoubted good close control. He has nice little drag backs and is good at getting between the opposition and the ball (Now make the comparison with Scott who has all of that and a million other aspects to his game)

HNM has not developed other aspects of his game to any extent since he got in the first team. Is that due to the club or due to the player, I don’t know, but he became a bigger and bigger liability as he wasn’t great at much of the team aspects of the game, including passing, shooting, tracking, defending, clearing (how many shanked clearances were there…my god) and pretty much anything other than having the ball at or near his feet. 

The bloke up the thread asked why some clubs may be interested, no fee of course, but he does have undoubted ability that some will hope to develop into a very good team player. We will see but City didn’t. The boy knew he wasn’t moving forward and the last year is now history. Mr Pearson didn’t want him for our first team for a number of reasons the contract thing just being one aspect. 

I hope the kid goes on to be a world beater, but he stalled here in the end and it’s on others to get the player out of him!!

I asked because you seem to believe that aside from good close control he doesn't have much to his game. That is clearly not the case just from watching him, but he wouldn't have consistently been chased by clubs bigger than us if he wasn't already a good player with potential.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I asked because you seem to believe that aside from good close control he doesn't have much to his game. That is clearly not the case just from watching him, but he wouldn't have consistently been chased by clubs bigger than us if he wasn't already a good player with potential.

He would have been consistently in our side if he had much else 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Well said red, people can shower me with all the stats going and all these clubs in a massive rush to sign him, a midfielder who doesn't create and is a liability in defence, spot on

You do know it’s fine to have a different opinion?  I totally disagree with RedOxo and yourself, but it doesn’t make either side’s view right or wrong, just different and entitled to make.  Without stats (and yes, I do like my stats), I could write a compelling case to give my view….in fact I probably have many times already over the last few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes. It’s a matter of opinion Dave, but his psycofans can't see the woods through the trees, people will be celebrating on here if we get our pants pulled down, as I say. Might be time to move on

It’s a matter of opinion, but your opinion is the right one? ??‍♂️

Ok, I’m moving on, because you said.  I’m just a psychofan, I’ll tie a knot in drawstring pants to save them coming down.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You do know it’s fine to have a different opinion?  I totally disagree with RedOxo and yourself, but it doesn’t make either side’s view right or wrong, just different and entitled to make.  Without stats (and yes, I do like my stats), I could write a compelling case to give my view….in fact I probably have many times already over the last few years.

David. You disagree with me! How jolly well could you!!!

You know I’m Spot On! 

:laugh:! 

• Flames 1

I enjoy watching ex City players progress, or not, as the case may be. 
example will be if Sem becomes an established premier league player, or not.

Same for HNM, where he ends up and what he achieves in next three years. Reading threads here some rate him, some don’t. His progress will perhaps show who called it right. 
For me he never really shone for us,  apart from a few games that was a shame.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

On the quote legendary massengo thread, I upset his psycofans before, they were swearing shouting at me palace were bidding thirty million he's Thierry Henry's best mate, Chelsea want him, etc  I  really don't think you can have a sensible conversation with them

Just to clarify - You're not in favour of retiring his shirt number?

• Haha 2

Never thought he got a consistent run, in a consistent team or in a consistent position. He arrived and we went almost straight into covid. He had a lot against him in our most dour sides in years. Watched him play back in his own country against PSG a few weeks back and he looked good. 

Is time to move on but reckon we’ll look back and think we didn’t do him many favours. He’ll be a good player in a top league for years imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Never thought he got a consistent run, in a consistent team or in a consistent position. He arrived and we went almost straight into covid. He had a lot against him in our most dour sides in years. Watched him play back in his own country against PSG a few weeks back and he looked good. 

Is time to move on but reckon we’ll look back and think we didn’t do him many favours. He’ll be a good player in a top league for years imo. 

I don't fit he fit the way we wanted to play until Pearson came in. LJ seemed to sign him more as a potential player rather than for the team.

Pearson was fair with HNM in my opinion, he had his chances was playing regularly enough under NP until it was clear he had already decided he wanted to be elsewhere.

• Like 6