IGNORED

Massengo Contract

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Never thought he got a consistent run, in a consistent team or in a consistent position. He arrived and we went almost straight into covid. He had a lot against him in our most dour sides in years. Watched him play back in his own country against PSG a few weeks back and he looked good. 

Is time to move on but reckon we’ll look back and think we didn’t do him many favours. He’ll be a good player in a top league for years imo. 

I think he might be. However it will need someone to get the best out of him. I think it’s in there but no one got it out consistently here and its a matter of time whether we see if someone else can. We can count a few games he looked brilliant and a load more otherwise, we’ll see if that changes and he finds a regular spot in someone decent midfield. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I don't fit he fit the way we wanted to play until Pearson came in. LJ seemed to sign him more as a potential player rather than for the team.

Pearson was fair with HNM in my opinion, he had his chances was playing regularly enough under NP until it was clear he had already decided he wanted to be elsewhere.

Indeed. I think Pearson rates HNM quite highly and wants to keep him but the situation is obviously out of his hands now.

A real shame as i think HNM had the potential to be a really key player for us but it obviously isn’t meant to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Never thought he got a consistent run, in a consistent team or in a consistent position. He arrived and we went almost straight into covid. He had a lot against him in our most dour sides in years. Watched him play back in his own country against PSG a few weeks back and he looked good. 

Is time to move on but reckon we’ll look back and think we didn’t do him many favours. He’ll be a good player in a top league for years imo. 

I kinda agree, and people throw “he’s too inconsistent” label at him…but virtually all of our players are inconsistent, regardless of their age, let alone a 21 year old.

15 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. I think Pearson rates HNM quite highly and wants to keep him but the situation is obviously out of his hands now.

A real shame as i think HNM had the potential to be a really key player for us but it obviously isn’t meant to be.

For me, if Alex Scott goes, Han would actually be a good player to come in.  Not like-for-like because nobody is Alex Scott, well not in our league anyway, but to compliment what else we have.  Having license to play a bit more advanced - rather than (wrong imho) being a deep / defence midfielder who’s told to be part of a defensive screen - would suit Han.  Before he came here he often played left of a diamond, or at the top of it, not at the base of it.

Anyone remember QPR (a) - he was outstanding.

Anyone remember the games him and Alex played together in 21/22 when all the experienced midfielders were injured…an 18 / 19 year old midfield combo, running the game.

Yeah, he’s made some errors that have cost the odd goal (Cardiff - home), but eff me, who hasn’t.

Even this season he had good games (Luton - home / Coventry - away in the cup).

Of course I / we have to move on, but I’m disappointed that he’s going because with Alex likely to be off, I think the right player was already in the building.  As you say I think Nige rates Han the footballer, but he made a poor choice re contract (from Nige’s point of view).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone remember the games him and Alex played together in 21/22 when all the experienced midfielders were injured…an 18 / 19 year old midfield combo, running the game

Preston away? Remember the Preston supporters being very complimentary about them both and they were up against 2 seasoned pros in the midfield as well. Totally bossed it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, t_b said:

Well his contract only expires tomorrow so it’d be a surprise if he announces he’s signed with anyone else yet. 

I wouldn't have been surprised if he had, he could have been talking to domestic teams for a month (longer if City allowed) and foreign since January.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Players years ago had to get a second job to durvive ask Tom Ritchie or Mike Gibson.

What’s that got to do with the price of Eggs! Are you saying if they were offered £100000 a week they would turn it down to keep their second job? 

Players then got paid as much as they could just like now only now there’s a lot more money floating around! 

35 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

What’s that got to do with the price of Eggs! Are you saying if they were offered £100000 a week they would turn it down to keep their second job? 

Players then got paid as much as they could just like now only now there’s a lot more money