IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

10 hours ago, Lrrr said:

As said for my its a symptom that our media department is lazy, they haven't been able to come up with something new or original in 4 years, or haven't even tried to potentially. But its also evidenced by other things, one person in the media team saying it was too much hassle to put full 90's of the games online for fans to watch when in reality all they'd need to do (or more likely an intern) would be to have it uploading on another tab in the background. They also put zero effort into the academy, a few seasons ago when the club used to put highlights packages of academy games out it wasn't even the media department who put them together, it was the academy analysis department who would put them together and send them to the media team to then put online. The highlights packages used to give fans an insight into the academy teams and were relatively popular, well the highlights videos haven't even been done in the last 2 seasons. They've also stopped live streaming U21's fixtures despite the show pitch at the training ground having a purpose built gantry there to allow it, why? Because the media department can't be bothered spending 2 hours filming a game for fan engagement despite us having one of the most successful Cat 2 academies and how much credit gets given to the club for how many academy players we have in the first team it would be great for fans to be able to watch U21's games.

So as said, the media team is lazy for doing anything which goes beyond the job description.

I think you need a partner

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I quite like these videos.  

Me too. Gives us an insight to the players personality and we get to see a bit more of how the club operates on a daily basis. It was interesting to see Bell make an appearance but I couldn't quote make out why he said he was there?

I'm hugely impressed by Dave Rennie. Not only is he absolutely fantastic at his job and has revolutionised that department, the videos show that he's the guy that shows the players around and how things work. He's essentially the face of the club for those new signings. 

I think Rennie may be one of Niges biggest signings. 

Also after days of speculation, Dickie confirmed he knows Sykes, Atkinson and Matty Taylor. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Me too. Gives us an insight to the players personality and we get to see a bit more of how the club operates on a daily basis. It was interesting to see Bell make an appearance but I couldn't quote make out why he said he was there?

I'm hugely impressed by Dave Rennie. Not only is he absolutely fantastic at his job and has revolutionised that department, the videos show that he's the guy that shows the players around and how things work. He's essentially the face of the club for those new signings. 

Also after days of speculation, Dickie confirmed he knows Sykes, Atkinson and Matty Taylor. 

Belly said he was here to bulk / strengthen up before pre-season got going.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Belly said he was here to bulk / strengthen up before pre-season got going.

Which is exactly what he should be doing.

He was a tad lightweight last season imo, defenders able to ease him off the ball. If he can build up his upper body strength, he'll be a much better player for it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Rennie has been a hugely important recruit.  He’s massively respected.  He’s a constant learner, as is Paddy Orme.  Those are the people Nige wants around.  He isn’t threatened by them, he wants to be surrounded by experts, whether staff or players.

Muscle (soft tissue is the en-vogue term I think) are at really low levels now.

Nige not interested in the video stuff, about 1.5 seconds of him.

No Phil Alexander, or Brian Tinnion grabbing the signing limelight.

This is a very different club.  Let’s hope it gets a few more wins than this season, then we’ll be right in the mix.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rennie has been a hugely important recruit.  He’s massively respected.  He’s a constant learner, as is Paddy Orme.  Those are the people Nige wants around.  He isn’t threatened by them, he wants to be surrounded by experts, whether staff or players.

Muscle (soft tissue is the en-vogue term I think) are at really low levels now.

Nige not interested in the video stuff, about 1.5 seconds of him.

No Phil Alexander, or Brian Tinnion grabbing the signing limelight.

This is a very different club.  Let’s hope it gets a few more wins than this season, then we’ll be right in the mix.

I don't think many people realise how crap pur medical department has been over the years. Didn't Brooker once sue us? 

The pre season from Holden was considered to be a catastrophe and the injury problems we suffered after that was due to that. 

I think when Nige came in for his initial period he highlighted the medical department as an area that needed vast improvement. 

I liked what Rennie said about everything is a straight line. I like that synergy. 

I think I once heard Nige describe himself as a facilitator? 

You're absolutely right. Other managers like power and feel threatened when others can do certain things better than them. However throughout Nigels career he has always leaned on others. He understands its not the managers job to be head scout, head physio etc. Nige just has that incredible ability to bring in the right person for a specific job. 

This club has needed Nige for a very long time. We were just play acting as a Championship club before. Now we are a proper professional Championship club and in the footballing world people are hugely impressed by what we are doing here.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think many people realise how crap pur medical department has been over the years. Didn't Brooker once sue us? 

The pre season from Holden was considered to be a catastrophe and the injury problems we suffered after that was due to that. 

I think when Nige came in for his initial period he highlighted the medical department as an area that needed vast improvement. 

I liked what Rennie said about everything is a straight line. I like that synergy. 

I think I once heard Nige describe himself as a facilitator? 

You're absolutely right. Other managers like power and feel threatened when others can do certain things better than them. However throughout Nigels career he has always leaned on others. He understands its not the managers job to be head scout, head physio etc. Nige just has that incredible ability to bring in the right person for a specific job. 

This club has needed Nige for a very long time. We were just play acting as a Championship club before. Now we are a proper professional Championship club and in the footballing world people are hugely impressed by what we are doing here.

Totally agree with all of that. I think it goes back to what many fans have wanted for years and that is a proper football manager who has experience and pedigree within the game.

You look at all of the most successful managers and all of them know/realise that you need good people around you to help you do your job.

It has unfortunately taken Steve many years to realise the above and is IMO why we haven’t reached the heights that we should have. We have been so amateurish for years and years, from the training facilities down to the poor personnel that have been employed by the club. 

Thankfully it seems that Steve and the board have realised this and we are now making huge strides. The training ground is now fit for purpose, the academy is flourishing and we now seem to have the correctly qualified and experienced people in and around the first team. Even if Pearson isn’t the man to take us to the next level, at least the foundations are now in place to hopefully allow it to happen in the not too distant future.

• Robin 1

14 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

And also had an 8 game unbeaten run before Naismiths injury. 

We played much better football in that spell than at any time during our other good runs. 

Welcome Rob.....bout time we had a big hard nut in the team.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought we might see Ayman as well, he is supposed to be doing something similar, but that might not be for a couple of weeks I guess. 

He is/was in the Middle East doing some work with a coach who has liased with the club's medical staff. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtG_oG3JPpU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Must read if your not of a nervous disposition about new signings!!

Brilliant LFT as always.

FWIW, Dickie seems made for Nige, Curtis and Jason!

Good article that, not just about Dickie but about the situation their club finds itself in regarding FFP, transfer strategy, contracts etc, a lot of it sounds very familiar!