IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

Just now, hinsleburg said:

Fair play to our resident 'ITK' @Bcfcshags who said earlier this week we were in talks for a Championship CB.

Seems like it would be a really sensible signing on paper!

Got to admit it wasn’t who I thought it might be.  Thought it might be another ex-Oxford CB…Luke McNally.

Interesting signing.  I see him very much like the right sided version of Rob Atkinson.  Was a bit error-prone when he first signed but grew into life in the Championship and at 27 has his peak years now / ahead of him.  With only a year left on his contract you can see why QPR might want to cash in.  Plus that ability on the ball gives us scope to play from the back with Big Rob inured.  Dickie likes to stride forward, although probably a little more elegant than Rob who’s more powerful in his dribbling.

Good in the air, at 6’4”(ish) he is good in both boxes.

O’Rourke isn’t as reliable these days as he was in his Sky days, but he’s not just proclaiming interest, but in talks.

Nice bit of intrigue for a Friday evening.

IMG_7516.thumb.jpeg.a69bc32c15d39d84a67b99831b7c446b.jpeg

Would be a good fit imho.

IMG_7517.thumb.jpeg.459b6ec0f0c8931bfc74df62ae3c2f1d.jpeg

IMG_7518.thumb.jpeg.bb34f87bb17d204116405939321964f3.jpeg

Just now, chinapig said:

Did he play alongside Rob Atkinson at Oxford?

They kinda missed each other, Rob almost his replacement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Like Bryan I'm not sure how this fits into our supposed signing model but would seem a good addition.

Do we have to wait until big Rob Atkinson is fit to play him so we can unite the Oxford Two?

Actually it does  fit Nige’s utterances that we need some experience and leadership alongside the young guns , see us through some sticky situations , always rated the guy , happy if it happens 

• Like 2

If this is true would suggest the end of Kalas’ journey at BCFC. Would be sad to see him go but I think this guy seems a sound replacement which hopefully won’t cost too much. One that very much isn’t the already established prime championship CB but has all the makings of one.

Can easily see people looking back on this in a years time as either a complete steal or a massive flop if he can’t regain confidence. 

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Actually it does  fit Nige’s utterances that we need some experience and leadership alongside the young guns , see us through some sticky situations , always rated the guy , happy if it happens 

I agree and would add that Pearson seems to be looking at bigger guys atm which is exactly what we're missing, some height in the box for set pieces. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

For those who care I was told he signed yesterday. But still wasn’t allowed to know the name of who it was ???

Fair play mate. 

Pete O’Rourke is basically Fabrizio of the EFL. Whenever he breaks ‘in talks’ it usually means already done. 

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

For those who care I was told he signed yesterday. But still wasn’t allowed to know the name of who it was ???

Who are you and who do you know ? like the Banksy of OTIB ?

Keen on this move. Let’s ave it.

Edited by BCFCGav

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Any more news on the attacking midfielder mentioned previously? 

No mate don’t think we managed it but I will find out ??

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Who are you and who do you know ? like the Banksy of OTIB ?

Keen on this move. Let’s ave it.

Haha, of course I can’t say as il have my bollocks chopped off. Was told Bryan deal was done twice by him.. then yesterday he said he might not be coming.. I can only imagine the melt down on here, let alone the pelters I’d received ??

Just for balance Dickie had a truly terrible season at QPR & was badly lacking confidence.

Can see the logic but he’s coming off a season of real struggle.

More a team mate of Mark Sykes than Rob Atkinson by the way, Rob very much a bit part player In Dickie’s last season at Oxford.

• Like 1