IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

Chatting to my mate , QPR fan , he has an interesting take on this. Also he heard the link 2 days ago.

"Great first season , pretty awful season just gone but to be fair his nose got put out of joint as he wasn’t first choice after previously being player of the year . Beale didn’t fancy him
Played really well in a 3 with Dunne and Barbet previously
New challenge might suit him , don’t particularly want to see him leave but think Ainsworth is after some pace in the team, he ain’t the quickest which has probably stopped him going further, early days at Rangers and he was linked with Newcastle amongst others."

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure how you drop Vyner, based on last season.

Yes, a new season is a fresh start but Vyner's in the box seat for me and any new arrivals have it all to do, barring injury. I do like having 2 tall strong CBs though.... 

Unless, of course, Zak is off somewhere............................

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We need cover, probably 4 to rotate into 2/3. Remember last year with Atkinson, Kalas, Baker & Vyner , we ended up with Pring at CB. We need to fill the squad with numbers as well as quality , possibly 2 for every position with players being able to cover multiple roles. 
IMO I think we were always in the market for 2 CB's, even if one was Kalas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One thing to think about, as we like a player with a good song. My mate added ....

You can Nick our song “ big ******* Dickie, we’ve got a big ******* Dickie” and repeat

Tell him we'll pass on that one.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A random on twitter suggesting £500k!!!!  Would me amazing.  Oxford’s hopes of a sell-on (last summer) have gone!

Sounds reasonable to me, what with only having 12 months left on his contract. 

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Possible. Wasn’t there a link to Brentford earlier this year? Seems highly unlikely but with their model it could be a goer.

As mentioned previously QPR are skint so we may get a decent deal here. 

Looking at some of their fans tweets they are pretty pissed off with last season and with Beale in particular, which is no surprise.  I think that Ainsworth has a job on his hands .

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He was pissed when he said that surely 

Early last season, when I was saying I thought they would be chasing top 10, he said they would struggle.
He also said it's the worst football for years. They don't seem to have a lot of money and Ainsworth is the equivalent of Tins here. Legend of a player , but has to start again as a manager. He did a great job at Wycombe but QPR is another level. 
I hope they do OK, I enjoy going there and my Brother in Law is QPR too so I enjoy beating them. I do worry for them though.

• Confused 1

Selection of posts from the QPR forum…..

Can see Dickie leaving

Was definitely one of the boo boys favourites this season and yes up until last few games he was way below what he can be, he still turned up each week and particularly in Burnley away game was absolutely key in that result being achieved.

Not surprised if he left as I doubt he would wish to stay after the abuse he got from fans.

Dykes too, another one that turned up every week apart from when seriously unwell and still got pelters himself. He was not that bad to be fair, always put in a shift, and again would blame the move being wished for, because unfair treatment from fans.

Both Dickie and Dykes been decent servants for our club.

Again it's a case with both, be careful what you wish for.

Never understood why Dickie was so highly rated, he has zero pace, not aggressive enough and quiet as a church mouse, so I'd grab £1.8m for him. Has looked like a rabbit in the headlights for the past 18 months. I'm a bit old school when it comes to centre backs though, win the ball and take the man as well.

Rather ironic that a development club like us ( ) are selling Dickie to an actual development club. Be interesting to see what happens to him when he's working with some proper coaches.

Interesting that a Championship club with an experienced manager want to sign Dickie. He was very poor last season but we can only assume that Pearson thinks it was a drop in form that can be rectified under good management.

It also suggests that perhaps the view in the wider football world is that we’re a bit of a basket case of a club and not to judge last season’s individual player performances too harshly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's never been poor. What held him back was his proneness to make mistakes/lose concentration. 

If you judge him on the one second it takes to make an error rather than the other 89:59 then yeah, he was "so poor". Or you can see what our coaches have seen, that if he was to eradicated the errors you'd be left with one of the best technical defenders at the club, an excellent progressive dribbler (for his position) and a composed, clever and professional player who cost us nothing. 

As ever, influenced solely by the result and trying to reverse engineer that result to write off an individual. Why we can't just be a bit more balanced is anyones guess. 

I’ve been totally balanced, up until last season he was poor, he didn’t cost us nothing, ( wages )  he was very lucky we didn’t have the scope to bring anybody else in , fair play to the lad he had a good season, but still think we can get better 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's never been poor. What held him back was his proneness to make mistakes/lose concentration. 

If you judge him on the one second it takes to make an error rather than the other 89:59 then yeah, he was "so poor". Or you can see what our coaches have seen, that if he was to eradicated the errors you'd be left with one of the best technical defenders at the club, an excellent progressive dribbler (for his position) and a composed, clever and professional player who cost us nothing. 

As ever, influenced solely by the result and trying to reverse engineer that result to write off an individual. Why we can't just be a bit more balanced is anyones guess. 

I’m influenced by my eyes, he was poor in previous seasons, in my opinion of course, which you don’t seem to understand 

45 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

just out of interest what players do you think have been poor over the last couple of seasons?

It's mad to think if Cundy had signed a new contract before last season he would have probably been the starting CB ahead of Vyner. I'm happy with Vyner right now, I am glad he is starting to show his ability. If we get Rob Dickie as well we will have Vyner, Atkinson, and Kalas (Maybe), not forgetting we are still being linked to the Palace guy.