IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, just been down Long Ashton.

Went past the Angel, scaffolding up, pub sign down, and apparently getting a full outside repaint.

Feared the worst but fortunately on the way back I could make out customers lounging in the window seat inside enjoying their pints.

So hopefully this fine old pub will be there for many years (decades) to come.

I know it does b&b (Tommy said he stayed there at least once) so, to keep on thread, perhaps it's having a quick upgrade for an overnight stay for Dickie?

The best "local" in the world, and now run by a City fan. Certainly not closing down, fear not!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The best "local" in the world, and now run by a City fan. Certainly not closing down, fear not!

Great to hear. Inside by a roaring fire in the winter, outside watching the nesting birds going to and fro in the summer.

I've got a soft spot for the Miners Rest too, an unusually down to earth pub, always busy when I go there.

Friendly locals in both pubs.

• Like 3

From the Bristol Post:

The clock strikes 6....

We're going to keep today's blog open a little later than normal because, possibly, maybe, potentially, something might happen. We do have a train to catch, however, so apologies if updates are slightly thin on the ground over the next 20-30 minutes.

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Some sort of conference going on - "Defence Simulation Education & Training".  Quite appropriate in the week we sign 2 defenders. Seems it's military types, though, not footballers.  

Personally I'd be hesitant about using drones in a military context ?

https://news.sky.com/story/ai-drone-kills-human-operator-during-simulation-which-us-air-force-says-didnt-take-place-12894929

• Like 1

Very shrewd business. Obviously needs a fresh challenge and If we can get him back to how he was playing it would be a snip of a price. Obviously may struggle with pace but have some pace around him and he will be fine. Gotta love a ball playing centre half. 

I do wonder if we may see us going back to a 352 system a little more often. 

• Like 1