IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's cringey to you, me and probably most other people over the age of about 25, but it's not aimed at us. As long as it's pulling in the views and interactions, they'll keep doing it.

Fair point.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great to hear. Inside by a roaring fire in the winter, outside watching the nesting birds going to and fro in the summer.

I've got a soft spot for the Miners Rest too, an unusually down to earth pub, always busy when I go there.

Friendly locals in both pubs.

My home village both good pubs, sadly the Robin Hood, where I cut my teeth, is no longer. 

19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Seriously can we stop with the whole roof thing? We've been doing it for 5 summers now, really it just shows how unimaginative the media department are if they can't come with something new in 4 years. Or they're just that lazy which is also evidenced by how the media department totally gave up on putting any effort into the academy. 

Fun sponge! ?

17 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

3 year deal, with the option of an extra year.

Good to see that we are securing players for their prime years.

27 years old and an established championship centre back. The rumoured transfer fee makes it even better.

Well that put paid to my thinking we were moving away from the year option!

18 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Time off actually, but just annoyed they act like its some big feature of the club when the reality is (as said) that its just unimaginative at this point and actually coming up with something new would be better. 

Why would it be better?  I don't know if any other clubs that do it?  Its just a bit of fun really what's the big deal?

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Time off actually, but just annoyed they act like its some big feature of the club when the reality is (as said) that its just unimaginative at this point and actually coming up with something new would be better. 

Well I for one think its fun and engaging, and our 'thing'. In fact,I wish I could do the media team stuff, thinking what a great job that would be in the sun... 

Edited by Lordofthebling

19 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Nerdy I know, but 7 seconds into the twitter roof video, one of the images is backwards!

File size restrictions won’t let me add the screenshot.

You may have already sussed this but if you look at the video again, at six seconds there is a reflective surface to Rob’s right, at seven seconds it’s a reflection of Rob off that surface.

Good good stuff. Of all the links over recent days this one was the one I wanted most. Welcome big Rob Dickie.

Still think we need another centre-half, two if Kalas goes. If we consider Naismith more of a DM we still only have Dickie, Vyner and an injured big Rob Atkinson, with Naismith as flexible cover.

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Why would it be better?  I don't know if any other clubs that do it?  Its just a bit of fun really what's the big deal?

As said for my its a symptom that our media department is lazy, they haven't been able to come up with something new or original in 4 years, or haven't even tried to potentially. But its also evidenced by other things, one person in the media team saying it was too much hassle to put full 90's of the games online for fans to watch when in reality all they'd need to do (or more likely an intern) would be to have it uploading on another tab in the background. They also put zero effort into the academy, a few seasons ago when the club used to put highlights packages of academy games out it wasn't even the media department who put them together, it was the academy analysis department who would put them together and send them to the media team to then put online. The highlights packages used to give fans an insight into the academy teams and were relatively popular, well the highlights videos haven't even been done in the last 2 seasons. They've also stopped live streaming U21's fixtures despite the show pitch at the training ground having a purpose built gantry there to allow it, why? Because the media department can't be bothered spending 2 hours filming a game for fan engagement despite us having one of the most successful Cat 2 academies and how much credit gets given to the club for how many academy players we have in the first team it would be great for fans to be able to watch U21's games.

So as said, the media team is lazy for doing anything which goes beyond the job description.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Seriously can we stop with the whole roof thing? We've been doing it for 5 summers now, really it just shows how unimaginative the media department are if they can't come with something new in 4 years. Or they're just that lazy which is also evidenced by how the media department totally gave up on putting any effort into the academy. 

I'm happy with the roof but am open to change sobe imaginative, what are your ideas for announcing new signings? 

• Like 1