IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not so sure i agree. We were so poor when we played 3 CB’s last year. Relegation form at Xmas. Our improvement was directly linked to having 4 at the back and another body up field.

We’ve played some of our best football with 3 CBs the season before. I’ll have no qualms seeing it again.  

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Or Frank Muir - ask your grandparents kids!

Technically you’re saying we should ask our parents. Can’t beat a bit of grammar pedantry.

Hmmm.

I would suggest it depends on whether the missing punctuation after grandparents was supposed to have been an apostrophe or a comma.

My bet would be on a comma.

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm.

I would suggest it depends on whether the missing punctuation after grandparents was supposed to have been an apostrophe or a comma.

My bet would be on a comma.

But the fact it was missing means the sentence can only be read as “grandparents (plural) kids (plural), meaning it can only be read as  “ask your parents”. Agree a comma would change the meaning.

It’s the whole “Let’s eat Grandma” Vs Let’s  eat, Grandma” grammar piece.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

But the fact it was missing means the sentence can only be read as “grandparents (plural) kids (plural), meaning it can only be read as  “ask your parents”. Agree a comma would change the meaning.

In reality, the sentence makes very little sense without punctuation after grandparents.

Where's Lynne Truss* when you need her?

*Not be confused with Liz Truss, who, of course, is neither needed nor desired by anyone, except perhaps her 'friend' Kwarteng.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not so sure i agree. We were so poor when we played 3 CB’s last year. Relegation form at Xmas. Our improvement was directly linked to having 4 at the back and another body up field.

Nah we was not and nah it wasn't. 

Before we switched to 4atb we picked up 3 very decent draws against Millwall, Coventry and Swansea.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-qpr-rob-dickie-22609693

"According to The Athletic, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers have also been keeping tabs on the highly-rated centre-back.

The source claim that if QPR decide to sell Dickie in the winter market then they're likely to demand in excess of £10m, which would only be the fifth time they've sold someone for that sum of money in the club's history."

Only a year ago. Madness.

Speaking of Madness, does anyone else think he looks a tad like a young Suggs ?

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sorry SD but that's not the case. If it can be read as such, in the absence of the necessary punctuation, then it can equally be read as "ask your grandparents, kids". And as that's the only interpretation that makes sense given the context, why argue the contrary, other than to be, well, contrary...?

• Like 1