IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

QPR podcast (I have no idea how ITK they are) recons its £700k upfront potentially £1.2m with add-ons. 

A mate of mine, who knows a few people around the Club,  messaged me the same figure this morning.

If it's right, seems a good deal.

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

QPR fans seem to be buzzin that he’s left 

Apparently a bit hit and miss last year, TBF to Dickie the Club was a basketcase so hard to judge. He was highly rated by QPR the year before. 

Preseason with Nige and Fleming plus a positive environment, I have no doubt he will be a success. Money wise its a cheapish signing for an experienced Championship centre half who has potentially alot of upside if he can recover his previous form (was previously linked with a move to the Prem) and its in a position we are very light in personnel.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

It seems that he was very good for a couple of years, hence being linked with big money moves elsewhere, but then last season lost form and confidence, not helped by the revolving manager's door.

What they seem particularly upset about is losing him for £700k when they paid £2.7m for him from Oxford and he was being talked about as a £5m+ player only last summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

It seems that he was very good for a couple of years, hence being linked with big money moves elsewhere, but then last season lost form and confidence, not helped by the revolving manager's door.

What they seem particularly upset about is losing him for £700k when they paid £2.7m for him from Oxford and he was being talked about as a £5m+ player only last summer.

One thing QPR fans do seem agreed on is that he isn't as good in a 4 as he gets exposed more often for his lack of pace. 

That would be a slight concern assuming we continue playing with a 4. 

Surely after last season we aren't returning to a 3?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

Or Frank Muir - ask your grandparents kids!

Technically you’re saying we should ask our parents. Can’t beat a bit of grammar pedantry.

51 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time

It's Dickie

Dickie Dickie Dickie Dickie"

I actually had in my head this:

”You know it’s Rob Dickie Dickie

Rob Rob Dickie Dickie

Playing at the back”

Although I draw the line at a reference to chocolate puddy.

Just now, redsquirrel said:

talk about strappin in for the ride, what are they testing here/.

Changing room ejector seat. 3 from outside of the box next season or the view to his left will be where Nige sends him. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One thing QPR fans do seem agreed on is that he isn't as good in a 4 as he gets exposed more often for his lack of pace. 

But if we have the players for a back 5 then it isn’t an issue 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Apparently under Warburton initially and at Oxford he was fine in a 4 man defence. I suspect it depends on the mix of defender's or partner you play with.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

But if we have the players for a back 5 then it isn’t an issue 

Not so sure i agree. We were so poor when we played 3 CB’s last year. Relegation form at Xmas. Our improvement was directly linked to having 4 at the back and another body up field.

• Like 3