IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

12 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Not forgetting Low who has just been selected for the Welsh national side.

I imagine Low will be heading on loan again next season. Would be nice to get a League 1 loan however may have to settle with League 2. I think Joe Low can still make it but I think he's just going to have to wait a while a bit like Vyner for example. I think Vyner got his first opportunity towards the end of the 19/20 season where he played a few games before featuring for a whole season in 2020/21 (Correct me if I'm wrong) and then first properly became a reliable player this season. When Vyner had his first opportunity he would have been around 23 towards the end of the 19/20 season and Joe Low is 21. I know things can change and it doesn't always work out like that but I think he still has a chance to make it I think the next couple of years are important in terms of what level he is playing and doing well at. 

Zak had had successful progressive loans at Accrington (L2), Plymouth (L1) and a full season at Rotherham (Champ) before getting his first real chance with City at the end of the covid season.  He’d had a few sporadic appearances before that.  I always thought he had a good chance here.

Joe has just come off the back of a poor loan at Walsall (L2).  The trajectory is very different.  I’m a bit down on him, because I’ve just not seen anything currently that gives me much confidence he will be a Champ CB in the next 12 months.  My fears about the translation of his game at u21 to senior at this stage have played out.

That is not to say he won’t make it (here), just that I think he’s currently miles off.  If he can grow into his sizeable frame then who knows.  Another loan needed, or even move him (with Araoye and Knight-Lebel pushing) with a good sell-on like we have done with Towler.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-qpr-rob-dickie-22609693

"According to The Athletic, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers have also been keeping tabs on the highly-rated centre-back.

The source claim that if QPR decide to sell Dickie in the winter market then they're likely to demand in excess of £10m, which would only be the fifth time they've sold someone for that sum of money in the club's history."

Only a year ago. Madness.

Edited by Jimbo123
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-qpr-rob-dickie-22609693

"According to The Athletic, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers have also been keeping tabs on the highly-rated centre-back.

The source claim that if QPR decide to sell Dickie in the winter market then they're likely to demand in excess of £10m, which would only be the fifth time they've sold someone for that sum of money in the club's history."

Only a year ago. Madness.

This has to be some of the most shrewd business ever 

Class bit of business that, someone that would be worth 5x as much or more a couple of years ago. Only reason he lost value/declined in form imo was because of the manager roulette QPR were playing. Hopefully he can get back to playing his best football with nige ?

Edited by George Rs

3 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

This is the sort of business we should have been doing years ago. 

Never been so confident in a manager just wish we had him years ago. I like how we go under the radar as well, fancied by no one.

If fairness we didnt have the money years ago with too many high earners on the books NP has done a great job

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Never been so confident in a manager just wish we had him years ago. I like how we go under the radar as well, fancied by no one.

We did sort of in a sense with Webster, he was a player who lost his way a bit at a Championship club and we took advantage of that, albeit slightly more expensively.

I'm very happy with this though.

4 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

100% agree, most still see him as the grumpy old man in charge of Leicester but personally I can’t remember the last time I had so much excitement/confidence about a new season. Clear plans. Clear goals. Clear direction.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

We did sort of in a sense with Webster, he was a player who lost his way a bit at a Championship club and we took advantage of that, albeit slightly more expensively.

I'm very happy with this though.

To be fair for once to the old regime we sold Flint for a reported £7m and signed Webster - a massive upgrade - for around half of that.

If all our business had been that smart who knows what might have been?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

To be fair for once to the old regime we sold Flint for a reported £7m and signed Webster - a massive upgrade - for around half of that.

If all our business had been that smart who knows what might have been?

Absolutely, that was a great bit of business.

Our business so far under NP has been steady, as he's not had a great deal to spend. 

Now he has, will be interesting to see what we can do. Dickie and Bryan would be a great start, McCrorie sounds fairly promising too.