IGNORED

Rob Dickie Signed (Confirmed)

GrahamC

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Apologies for being thick but just to clarify - 

As far as you know, the Joe Bryan deal is done?

I was told, the Bryan deal was done. Twice he said it was done. Now yesterday when I spoke to him he said he wasn’t sure if Bryan was coming. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just for balance Dickie had a truly terrible season at QPR & was badly lacking confidence.

Can see the logic but he’s coming off a season of real struggle.

More a team mate of Mark Sykes than Rob Atkinson by the way, Rob very much a bit part player In Dickie’s last season at Oxford.

Yeah he did have a struggle last year Graham, but if he didn't we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him. Hopefully a change of scenery will get him back to the player he was. In his prime now and a solid signing for me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

That’s a shame, but Dickie would be a good addition to our defence.

Great work mate, your updates have been brilliant.

Cheers mate. My ratio been good except when my bloody father in law (who ain’t got a clue about football) told me HWR was starting against QPR. All because his best mates daughter goes out with him. Thought it was a banker.. the f*cker ?

37 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Presume this either means that O’Brien isnt happening or Kalas hasnt agreed his deal - would suggest the latter.

We need two cbs. 

29 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Actually it does  fit Nige’s utterances that we need some experience and leadership alongside the young guns , see us through some sticky situations , always rated the guy , happy if it happens 

I don't quite understand how people have got it into their minds that we are only after young talent. 

Nige has said time and time again that we need that bit of experience and know how. He's signed the likes of King, James, Cornick and Naismith yet still people seem to think our recruitment strategy is to sign young talent. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yeah he did have a struggle last year Graham, but if he didn't we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him. Hopefully a change of scenery will get him back to the player he was. In his prime now and a solid signing for me.

Did any QPR players have a good season? 

13 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

I was told, the Bryan deal was done. Twice he said it was done. Now yesterday when I spoke to him he said he wasn’t sure if Bryan was coming. 

That’s a shame. Hoping it still does happen. Would be a class signing. Bryan, Dickie and Mccrorie signing would be such a good start to the summer 

Edited by Finley_Smith10
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Joe Bryan had a “done deal” with Aston Villa but he signed for Fulham 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just for balance Dickie had a truly terrible season at QPR & was badly lacking confidence.

Can see the logic but he’s coming off a season of real struggle.

More a team mate of Mark Sykes than Rob Atkinson by the way, Rob very much a bit part player In Dickie’s last season at Oxford.

Dont think anybody had what would be called a good season at QPR to be fair. Fresh start needed perhaps.

36 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did any QPR players have a good season? 

According to their brilliant fanzine Loft for words, Ilias Chair & Sam Field did & I reckon they know what they’re watching.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We need two cbs. 

I don't quite understand how people have got it into their minds that we are only after young talent. 

Jake O’Brien joining plus Rob Dickie would be 2 Centre backs, can’t see both Kalas staying & both these 2 arriving & my guess would be Tomas moves on.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Jake O’Brien joining plus Rob Dickie would be 2 Centre backs, can’t see both Kalas staying & both these 2 arriving & my guess would be Tomas moves on.

I'd be happy with that as we'd then be well covered at CB, even more so when Rob returns. Plus we'd have the option of playing Naismith and McCrorie there if needed plus it gives us the option of going 3atb if we want. 

But I wouldn't totally rule Kalas out if we do sign these players. Pearson himself said it could be a Baker situation where he leaves but then comes back. 

• Like 1

Given JL made a clear comment that our large wages are cleared off the books by season end would tell me that like JD, kalas will be gone. 

reckon dickie to partner atkinson with obrien as a young understudy/competition along with vyner.

Mcrorie and Naismith I think would predominantly be for midfield but versatile for multiple areas

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd be happy with that as we'd then be well covered at CB, even more so when Rob returns. Plus we'd have the option of playing Naismith and McCrorie there if needed plus it gives us the option of going 3atb if we want. 

But I wouldn't totally rule Kalas out if we do sign these players. Pearson himself said it could be a Baker situation where he leaves but then comes back. 

Atkinson, Dickie, Vyner, Naismith, O’brien, Mccrorie and Pring are some good centre half options 

22 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Atkinson, Dickie, Vyner, Naismith, O’brien, Mccrorie and Pring are some good centre half options 

Even Tanner can slot in if desperately required too. Like you say a good range.

Dickie and one of Kalas or O'Brien and that is the centre back box ticked.

Atkinson will be out until October won't he so 1 CB needed for sure and 2 if Kalas goes.

28 minutes ago, BLRed said:

reckon dickie to partner atkinson with obrien as a young understudy/competition along with vyner.

Not sure how you drop Vyner, based on last season.

Yes, a new season is a fresh start but Vyner's in the box seat for me and any new arrivals have it all to do, barring injury. I do like having 2 tall strong CBs though.... 

It's all good competition for places, though, that's for sure. Which is exactly what we want. 

Adding types like Bryan and McCrorie as well, who can play multiple positions, means we increase our strength in depth while still running a smaller squad - which also increases competition. 

All very positive ?

It just needs to happen now! 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bcfcshags said:

Haha, of course I can’t say as il have my bollocks chopped off. Was told Bryan deal was done twice by him.. then yesterday he said he might not be coming.. I can only imagine the melt down on here, let alone the pelters I’d received ??

Ah, so we know you're male.