IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

On 23/06/2023 at 11:32, OneTeamInBristol said:

I think it's going to be a bigger number than some think. 

Personally I don't need an alternative but I will be requesting a physical season ticket because I want one.

Queues will be longer as people rarely get the app properly open before they reach the turnstyle. Same as people using boarding passes on their phone

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, Season Tickets will be digital from the very first game, so I guess it is ready, they just want to limit the amount of people using it for the first few games. Seems sensible to me :dunno:

Yes, I’ve just checked with the club, and you are right :) 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, pillred said:

The vast majority of over 65s will probably not have a smartphone though which you basically need unless you print your ticket at home and you would be surprised how many "older" people have not got a printer as well, personally for the small cost of sending out a physical card I'm disappointed it can't continue though from the club's point of view it makes sense. 

Smartphones have been around for over fifteen years, so I'd be shocked if that was the case. I'd say the majority of over 65s will have a smartphone. Both my parents do, and have done for many years.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, Season Tickets will be digital from the very first game, so I guess it is ready, they just want to limit the amount of people using it for the first few games. Seems sensible to me :dunno:

Does it say specifically that this is just for advanced sales.

(Apparently it does)

Edited by Bristol Rob
Answered in an earlier post

I have nearly every season ticket card or booklet since the 70's i have them as a keepsake. I do not have a printer at home to print the 1st four matches and also i do not have a Google Wallet so i shall be asking for a season card to be sent out

• Like 1

On 23/06/2023 at 15:36, hertsexile said:

There now seems to be app for everything!

Hopefully any new season ticket app will work better than the BCFC app which kept crashing!

That aside I am fed up with being told you will need to download the app ?

What ever happened to good old customer service and someone to speak too instead of a robot ?!

Should in theory be able to link it to apple pay and Google pay respectively. Then uninstall the city app.

I barely bother with cards anymore personally - even my gym membership is on Google Pay now!

Hopefully means I don't  have to worry about leaving my season ticket at home ever again!

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

I have nearly every season ticket card or booklet since the 70's i have them as a keepsake. I do not have a printer at home to print the 1st four matches and also i do not have a Google Wallet so i shall be asking for a season card to be sent out

Can you not just download Google wallet if you have an Android phone? Pretty handy app

14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Smartphones have been around for over fifteen years, so I'd be shocked if that was the case. I'd say the majority of over 65s will have a smartphone. Both my parents do, and have done for many years.

Even where they don't - as someone who has setup multiple pensioners on smartphones (due to the demographic on my street);

My personal recommendation is to use a simply basic android skin setup on a refurbished Google Pixel 4/4a. Doesn't cost much (£80-£125 up front, £6-8pm 18-month Sim-only contracts) and fast enough for near all use cases and fantastic third party support.

Especially where they they are using older 3G models (Vodafone are shutting down older networks locally, not sure on time frame).

21 minutes ago, westonred said:

Why do you need a printer, if you've got a season card. The first four matches are included in your digital card.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

The vast majority of over 65s will probably not have a smartphone though which you basically need unless you print your ticket at home and you would be surprised how many "older" people have not got a printer as well, personally for the small cost of sending out a physical card I'm disappointed it can't continue though from the club's point of view it makes sense. 

Completely wrong. 67% of over-65s now own a smartphone.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/300402/smartphone-usage-in-the-uk-by-age/

Must admit, other than for the very elderly, I have limited patience with some of the Luddite attitudes on display here. Today’s pensioners have lived a third of their lives in the internet age.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Must admit, other than for the very elderly, I have limited patience with some of the Luddite attitudes on display here. Today’s pensioners have lived a third of their lives in the internet age.

There are over 11 million over 65's in the UK so if 33% don't have a smartphone that's still a considerable number in the millions.

In fact I make that 3,630,000 over 65's who don't have a smartphone.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There are over 11 million over 65's in the UK so if 33% don't have a smartphone that's still a considerable number in the millions.

In fact I make that 3,630,000 over 65's who don't have a smartphone.

Valid point, but I would say it needs more context to these figures

How many are fit to use anything (are they in a home / hospice etc)

I

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

My dad and his brothers 3 of them are over 65 none of them have or know how to use a smart phone

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

Should in theory be able to link it to apple pay and Google pay respectively. Then uninstall the city app.

I barely bother with cards anymore personally - even my gym membership is on Google Pay now!

Hopefully means I don't  have to worry about leaving my season ticket at home ever again!

Don't forget your phone then :laugh:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's not a Luddite attitude, I am very internet savvy but have a simple phone for calls and texts and I'm sure a lot of people are the same, also they are not exactly cheap to buy plus the cost of the contract, and that still leaves a third of the supporters over 65 according to your stats that have no digital wallet etc that's a fair few people who will all be inconvenienced, there is also the fact of proving your status to secure a discount at the bar which means having to print a physical ticket to show I would quite happily pay the extra for an actual season or membership card for that very reason one day there will be kids of 16 laughing at you as you fail to grasp what they see as something simple, think I'm wrong just wait and see. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2023 at 20:36, Bristol Rob said:

I don't buy the 'elderly' argument any more. The Internet has been relatively commonplace since the mid 90s, and whilst we might have one or two people who haven't considered, after over a quarter of a century of opportunity, to engage with technology age has never been a barrier.

Marty McFly only went back 30 years!

I can back this up, in my job I see quite elderly people (75+) paying for their shopping with a banking app on their phone or Apple watch. Yes some have cards, but not many at all in that age group pay by cash which surprises me.

I guess the days of queuing for their pension at the post Office are largely gone now due to closures etc. They are paid online so bank online. Surely for many tapping their phone on the reader wont be any different?

Obviously there will be some exceptions who won't/can't manage the technology but if they need that much he[p and support to attend matches they will most probably have someone with them anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Will fans who are unable to attend matches be able to let a friend use their season ticket without lending them their phone?

Yes, most certainly. Its been mentioned on this thread or other threads previously.

• Admin
5 hours ago, westonred said:

Out of interest do you have an Android or IOS phone?

(This is also information for others)