IGNORED

City Flying Out For Pre-Season Now

CTRed

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think he may be entitled to 1 extra month, could be wrong

Yes, I think you are right and it's because the terms offered are inferior to his existing contract.

Thing that get's me about Kalas is that he's known of this offer for 6 months and his agent should have had, by now, a list of suitors lined up but there doesn't appear to be any does there? Or certainly not any so far that have offered him better terms than we have. A good player when at the top of his game and fit, but right now I feel Nigel is indulging Kalas by going along with his continuing indecision and this seems out of character for a manager who's made it quite clear that he only wants to work with players that are committed to the cause here.

48 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I feel Nigel is indulging Kalas by going along with his continuing indecision

How so? Kalas hasn't joined up for pre-season and now as a free agent he's not in Austria. All seems in order with his contract situation. If that's being indulged by Pearson I'd hate to find out what being penalised is like.

On the general list of players in Austria - I tried to find the list of who went last season. Wanted to compare it to who then played a major part over the season. My hypothesis being that it's not particularly indicative of who is and isn't in favour. I couldn't find it though.

However, this is the starting line up and (used) subs for our first pre-season match last season:

Bentley (C), Klose (Towler 60'), Atkinson (Tanner 60'), Naismith (Vyner 60'), Wilson (Idehen 60'), James (Massengo 60'), Williams (King 60'), Dasilva (Pring 60'), Sykes (Bell 60'), Wells (Conway 60'), Martin (Weimann 60)

In bold are the players (7 of them or 33%) who then didn't really feature or were sold/released in January. Add Dasilva to the list as we tried to get him out in January.

So yeh, on that basis I'd not put too much value on who is/isn't in Austria.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Higher altitude so the players have to work that bit harder with an aim of creating better stamina. I noticed last season that the squad was able to last a match better than many previous City team. 

That's my opinion, some will agree and some will not.

It’s true…City’s running stats in the final third of last season were higher than anyone else’s in the Champ.

The aim now is to turn that running into more effective / efficient running.

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

If Kalas' contract has expired and he hasn't reported back for training, is he still getting paid?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

53 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think he may be entitled to 1 extra month, could be wrong

??????

27 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Thing that get's me about Kalas is that he's known of this offer for 6 months and his agent should have had, by now, a list of suitors lined up but there doesn't appear to be any does there? Or certainly not any so far that have offered him better terms than we have. A good player when at the top of his game and fit, but right now I feel Nigel is indulging Kalas by going along with his continuing indecision and this seems out of character for a manager who's made it quite clear that he only wants to work with players that are committed to the cause here.

What is said publicly is not necessarily what is happening in private, is it?

Its quite possible, club have removed the offer, but haven’t announced it, and maybe aren’t planning to either until it suits them.  It’s quite possible, Nige is very disappointed and has moved on.

If it’s still on the table (personally I doubt it), in terms of Tomas coming back to us and saying “hey, I’d like to sign now” I’d suggest he’s put himself at a huge disadvantage because he’s missed out on pre-season.  I think it would have to be new contract talks.  The offer pre-June 30th would’ve assumed a seamless extension.  That is no longer the case.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, I think you are right and it's because the terms offered are inferior to his existing contract.

Can't help but think your not understanding contracts/agents and how it all works

Kala's/Nige done nothing wrong in my opinion and I'm sure they are happy with where they are

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Thing that get's me about Kalas is that he's known of this offer for 6 months and his agent should have had, by now, a list of suitors lined up but there doesn't appear to be any does there? Or certainly not any so far that have offered him better terms than we have.

Could just be a case of options open, given how quickly things in football change, they’ve probably all (City included in this) set a deadline and working on that, although I’m surprised it wasn’t by the first day of a pre-season 

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Just seen the footage of them off for a cycle and not a cycle helmet in view, which is poor imo 

I did think that the Tour de France peloton was looking a a bit ropey compared to previous years!

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Just seen the footage of them off for a cycle and not a cycle helmet in view, which is poor imo 

Didn't we all talk about this last year? Only children aged 12 and under are legally required to wear a helmet in Austria. Yeboah may be young, but I believe he's older than 12.

It's fine.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Am I right in thinking Pearson always takes his teams to Austria for pre-season training? (excluding Covid)

Yes - and because it was already booked under Pearson, Claudio Ranieri was announced by Leicester at the camp venue we're at, so it was where Leicester prepared for winning the Premier League. Ranieri had camp there for Leicester the following season also.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s true…City’s running stats in the final third of last season were higher than anyone else’s in the Champ.

The aim now is to turn that running into more effective / efficient running.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

??????

What is said publicly is not necessarily what is happening in private, is it?

Its quite possible, club have removed the offer, but haven’t announced it, and maybe aren’t planning to either until it suits them.  It’s quite possible, Nige is very disappointed and has moved on.

If it’s still on the table (personally I doubt it), in terms of Tomas coming back to us and saying “hey, I’d like to sign now” I’d suggest he’s put himself at a huge disadvantage because he’s missed out on pre-season.  I think it would have to be new contract talks.  The offer pre-June 30th would’ve assumed a seamless extension.  That is no longer the case.

Saved me typing exactly this.

Be very surprised if the original offer is even on the table anymore.

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Didn't we all talk about this last year? Only children aged 12 and under are legally required to wear a helmet in Austria. Yeboah may be young, but I believe he's older than 12.

It's fine.

Can’t remember tbh if this was discussed previously, my point is less about the legal requirements and more about protecting our assets. Although it is unlikely a head injury to one of our players, if they were involved in an accident while cycling, would rightly lead to significant criticism and perhaps worse.

48 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Can’t remember tbh if this was discussed previously, my point is less about the legal requirements and more about protecting our assets. Although it is unlikely a head injury to one of our players, if they were involved in an accident while cycling, would rightly lead to significant criticism and perhaps worse.

Actually, I thought the same as you.

I am very much a ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ person, as I don’t wear a helmet skiing or cycling, but, despite my own foolhardiness, I should have thought the Club might/should have insisted.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, I thought the same as you.

I am very much a ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ person, as I don’t wear a helmet skiing or cycling, but, despite my own foolhardiness, I should have thought the Club might/should have insisted.

You should be more careful, Phil as there’s a real likelihood that those onions you’re forced to wear around your neck may get caught in the spokes of your bike. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Footage from day one: https://youtu.be/5JelyGt44tU

Day 1 of the camp and hardly any sign of the manager. It's quite a unique style he's got isn't it, because I can't imagine watching the same sort of video for all the other Champ clubs and barely seeing their gaffer involved.

You just see him in the background, prowling. Love it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Day 1 of the camp and hardly any sign of the manager. It's quite a unique style he's got isn't it, because I can't imagine watching the same sort of video for all the other Champ clubs and barely seeing their gaffer involved.

Yep, he’s a manager, he empowers his “team”.

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

lurk planet earth GIF by BBC America