IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I hope so. I'm surprised (as a person with colour blindness) that both teams are in stripes. It doesn't make it easy to distinguish the teams

One team in white shorts, the other in black.

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

One team in white shorts, the other in black.

very handy for you. Now consider this....if you looked at a wiring loom, you would no doubt see all the coloured wires, People like me see a grey mess only....impossible to distinguish one wire from the other. Block Colours are easier - there's a reason I'm not a Sparkie

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

Sammie Szmodics has a first-half hat-trick for Blackburn. Why can't we have nice things like this?

I reckon there will definitely be seller's remorse at the club, he really is the one that got away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I reckon there will definitely be seller's remorse at the club, he really is the one that got away.

Bloomin’ well should be. Absolutely travesty that we didn’t play him and then let him go so as to accommodate Kasey Palmer, at a massive fee and ridiculous wages. 🤬

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

he took the corner that led to their first too,

I don’t know where he’s got this corner taking ability from but it is class. 

If he carries on like this I genuinely thinks he’s goes to a “big 6” club in the summer. Unnaturally talented.

• Like 1

Good win by Maidstone (6th tier) over Stevenage. Maidstone are managed by George Elokobi who played about 40 minutes for City about 10 years ago. He suffered an awful ankle injury in his first match on loan and that was it for his City career. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To add to the ex players theme, Bobby Reid scored the winner for Fulham v Rotherham last night 

And Albert coming on for QPR.

Just heard that he’s five games away from the all time Championship appearances record. It’s not inconceivable that he could achieve that at Ashton Gate Feb 17th. That would be something! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Bloomin’ well should be. Absolutely travesty that we didn’t play him and then let him go so as to accommodate Kasey Palmer, at a massive fee and ridiculous wages. 🤬

The same Kasey Palmer who starred as Coventry reached the play offs last season, and is scoring 25 yarders for them today!

There’s a common theme here….and it ain’t the players!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

The same Kasey Palmer who starred as Coventry reached the play offs last season, and is scoring 25 yarders for them today!

There’s a common theme here….and it ain’t the players!! 

“The curse of Ashton Gate”? Where brilliant players lose their skills as they arrive but magically seem to regain them as soon as they leave. It’s happened so many times it’s hard not to believe it’s true!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good win by Maidstone (6th tier) over Stevenage. Maidstone are managed by George Elokobi who played about 40 minutes for City about 10 years ago. He suffered an awful ankle injury in his first match on loan and that was it for his City career. 

Was one of my first games that match, was sitting in the Atyeo and you could hear the snap, pretty sure he waved as he was being stretchered off though! Good chap.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Starred is a bit optimistic? Played 1,720 minutes and didn’t play in their last 13 games, and in his last game they were 11th. Think in some cases it’s both the management and the player. 

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m watching Boro v Villa and Dion Dublin is somehow managing to make an extremely boring game even duller.

This game is everything that's wrong with modern football.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m watching Boro v Villa and Dion Dublin is somehow managing to make an extremely boring game even duller.

Chelsea v PNE is mildly entertaining if you've got iPlayer or red button.

PNE not lying down and taking it at all. Playing nicely and definitely giving Chelsea a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2