IGNORED

Bristol City v Torquay

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, !james said:

Araoye looks a unit! Not seen much of him before, lets hope he is more of a Lloyd Kelly and less Joe Low...

I have seen approximately 120 minutes of him before his injury and he looked like a Rolls Royce in comparison to Joe Low

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

Real shame we didn't see any defending/chances in the highlights as the goals we conceded were dismal defending and I'd liked to have seen how we performed apart from those in a defensive capacity. When going forward the goals showed we seem to be more focused on attacking through the middle as well as the wings which is promising too. All in all the highlights showed we've got a great attack coming forward and still are capable of holding onto the ball at the back a little too long. I look forward to seeing a match where we can watch the full 90 minutes and see how the defense is doing.

12 minutes ago, !james said:

Araoye looks a unit! Not seen much of him before, lets hope he is more of a Lloyd Kelly and less Joe Low...

Last summer his physique matched Lloyd’s, this year he’s become a unit.

Interesting that Dickie played LCB2 whereas Araoye (left footed) played RCB2.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You probably aren`t aware of this being a Glos fan but after you`ve played your 14 group games there are quarter finals and then a finals day for the top teams...............................................................................

**** right off, not interested in hit and giggles..............................oh and before any of you ***** say "just as well", maybe, but I've been to all our Lords grown up cricket finals but never have or would go to the crappy finals days , thank you !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

**** right off, not interested in hit and giggles..............................oh and before any of you ***** say "just as well", maybe, but I've been to all our Lords grown up cricket finals but never have or would go to the crappy finals days , thank you !

My favourite format will always be test cricket & was fortunate enough to go to Edgbaston for the ashes the other week . I do enjoy t20 though , it’s worth more respect than calling it a hit & giggle. I draw the line at the hundred though . Abomination of a tournament 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

My favourite format will always be test cricket & was fortunate enough to go to Edgbaston for the ashes the other week . I do enjoy t20 though , it’s worth more respect than calling it a hit & giggle. I draw the line at the hundred though . Abomination of a tournament 

Yes, I mean the 100, is not even cricket in any way shape or form !

• Like 7

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Our first looked like an oggy or is my eye sight showing it’s undoubted age. Our second looked like  comedy defending by a bloke who thought he was better than he is. 

Very generous debut goal for Knight, but in the absence of official PA Media, he gets a “1” in the goal column!

Very brief highlights but glad in those snippets we saw exactly what he gives us over our other midfielders (bar Andi)….third-man runs, pressing and always on the move.

The goal was a great pattern, ball goes square / back a bit to King, defenders push up, Knight funds the other way…first time pass from King around the corner.

The other goal where he robbed the defender, earlier in that sequence, he dummied the pass and darted in behind.

37 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Vyner looked to be at fault for both of the goals. He needs to up his game if he wants to stay in the team.

In what way in particular?  From my perspective (not saying I’m right btw):

goal 1 - Sykes is exposed by the keepers long ball.  Vyner gets a touch trying to block the shot.  Maybe could’ve done a bit better to block.

goal 2 - poor bouncing pass from King (unnecessarily sloppy) which Williams mis-controlled and lost in our area.  Not sure Vyner is at the root of that goal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very generous debut goal for Knight, but in the absence of official PA Media, he gets a “1” in the goal column!

Very brief highlights but glad in those snippets we saw exactly what he gives us over our other midfielders (bar Andi)….third-man runs, pressing and always on the move.

The goal was a great pattern, ball goes square / back a bit to King, defenders push up, Knight funds the other way…first time pass from King around the corner.

The other goal where he robbed the defender, earlier in that sequence, he dummied the pass and darted in behind.

In what way in particular?  From my perspective (not saying I’m right btw):

goal 1 - Sykes is exposed by the keepers long ball.  Vyner gets a touch trying to block the shot.  Maybe could’ve done a bit better to block.

goal 2 - poor bouncing pass from King (unnecessarily sloppy) which Williams mis-controlled and lost in our area.  Not sure Vyner is at the root of that goal.

I felt as if Vyner was very lazy in trying to block the 1st goal. 

For the 2nd goal he unmarks the goal scorer and then just stands around not knowing what to do as others try to mark the goal scorer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why?  It means literally nothing.  It’s a process, a gradual build up of fitness, working on lots of things.

Thanks Dave, for your voice of reason............seems like the kneejerkers are back........though, did they ever really go away?        

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Your on form Slart. Bring on the young Procter boy propper!!!!!

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Critiquing performance in a game like this is hilarious! 

Yep - analysing the game of two difference teams with a different 11 each a half is hilarious especially against a club that are in a Mickey Mouse division that hardly anyone knows.

It was a training exercise for the City players to stretch their legs - nothing more.

• Like 3

Good start to pre-season but need to carry this on throughout the whole pre-season schedule to get the players in top condition for the start of the season. I don't tend to look into pre-season games to much because you can have a good pre-season and start the real season of poorly but nevertheless a nice win and I hope we can keep this going.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I hate it when these sycophant interviewers call the manager of the team they're reporting on  "Gaffer"  it's like they're imagining in their minds they are one of the players, the boys !

Rough day in the bartfast residence?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Thanks Dave, for your voice of reason............seems like the kneejerkers are back........though, did they ever really go away?        

FFS! - some of us are little bit disappointed that we let in 2 goals in 25 minutes against a non- league team - not that the team is shite and we will go down this season! 

Nobody has said any more than that but you are blowing it up our of all proportions.

There are so many on here that are so happy clappy that they are frightened to make any criticism, no matter how small.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

There are so many on here that are so happy clappy that they are frightened to make any criticism, no matter how small.

That is very true to be fair. 

Vyner looked pretty annoyed about the goals so I don't think it's a crime to mirror that reaction so long as it's proportionate. 

I'm sure the players will be more on it as we approach the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

FFS! - some of us are little bit disappointed that we let in 2 goals in 25 minutes against a non- league team - not that the team is shite and we will go down this season! 

Nobody has said any more than that but you are blowing it up our of all proportions.

This exactly. You get more people moaning about anything that could be seen remotely negative on here than you do people being negative. It’s tiresome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I just thought most people on here had some appreciation for the process of pre-season, to not take too much stock of what happens…at least in early games where it’s about getting minutes into the legs, shape, new players, etc. As for the happy clappers too frightened to criticise, Where did you balance it with some praise (no matter how small) for anything good that might’ve come out of today.  Or are you too frightened also?  Doesn’t it work both ways?  ??‍♂️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1