IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

On 20/08/2023 at 09:28, Mr Popodopolous said:

FFS.

Fears that McCrorie could he out for somewhat longer..just seen the headline but.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-considers-transfer-options-8691369

Cloud ➡️Silver lining

Potential loanee it says.

What is it with us and players we sign?

We had the same jinx with Tanner and Wilson (and probably a few others whom I can't recall), notwihstanding the injuries sustained by players like Elokobi and Vokes during loan spells

3 leave the squad and 2 come in as we name 8 subs rather than 9. Dickie (suspended), Araoye and Knight-Lebel (were mainly cover anyway I think) are absent tonight, Weimann (now fit) and TGH (welcome ?⚪️) take spots on the bench.

A win tonight and that’s a very good first 4 league games of the new season. Lose and 4 points from 4 in the league marks a slow start. Small margins this early! COYR ?⚪

Injured: 

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Conway

Edited by BCFCGav

Well we got Weimann back! Sadly it was only for two minutes though. Sykes also picking up a knock? I’ll stick him on the list but hopefully be proven wrong on Tuesday. Between the above and the missed chances, my main takeaway tonight is frustration!

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Weimann

Sykes

Conway 

OTIB IS RISEN. Missed it yesterday. Maybe a sign I should look into some other hobbies? Nah.

Regarding injuries last night - Sykes is fine which is good, no sign of Weimann as we sadly expected. TGH was cup-tied. Dickie came back in. We only named 7 subs, a message?

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Weimann

Conway 

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

OTIB IS RISEN. Missed it yesterday. Maybe a sign I should look into some other hobbies? Nah.

Regarding injuries last night - Sykes is fine which is good, no sign of Weimann as we sadly expected. TGH was cup-tied. Dickie came back in. We only named 7 subs, a message?

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Weimann

Conway 

Radio Bris did indicate this might be a subtle way of Nige sending a message to the hierarchy and/or that the U21's played on Monday but surely some of them could have been held back as all injuries were known?

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 17:56, BCFCGav said:

I think any and all subs today were in response to a low-quality performance rather than any new knocks.

But our Dickie will be out on Friday, suspended (one match for a second yellow right?).

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Update on the injured five: https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-city-injury-update-ross-mccrorie-tommy-conway-andi-weimann-ayman-benarous-rob-atkinson-4275808

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks mate. Weimann in September is good news.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Do we actually condition our players at all ? Appreciate he’s at Newport but only been there a week ! Our record on muscle injuries is ridiculous now . 

Came on as a sub and was injured straight away so could argue he didn't warm up to the highest of standards but who knows with injuries some can be freak..

1 hour ago, TMWANG50 said:

Came on as a sub and was injured straight away so could argue he didn't warm up to the highest of standards but who knows with injuries some can be freak..

Or he could have immediately collided with an opponent in a freak injury (let’s call this person for example Ben Mee of Brentford) & just been really unlucky, eh?

Still never mind, some on here can come up with crackpot theories about how a player on loan at Newport apparently got injured because of the way that we do conditioning.

Ridiculous.

And with that, we get the lift we so need. 8 points from 5 matches is really tidy. James in the wars but played through it so seemingly ok, 2 weeks rest for the boys now regardless. And a much more enjoyable 2 weeks for that performance and result ?⚪?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Weimann

Conway