IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

On 27/04/2023 at 16:58, Davefevs said:

Kalas back in the squad for Saturday.  From Nige Press-Conf earlier.  He’s hoping he gets some game time over the last two games.

He is indeed, with Mehmeti the victim of competition. Nothing to see here, someone had to miss out and we’ll be seeing plenty of Mehmeti in a City shirt. COYR ?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous 

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

He is indeed, with Mehmeti the victim of competition. Nothing to see here, someone had to miss out and we’ll be seeing plenty of Mehmeti in a City shirt. COYR ?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous 

Will Benarous be available for the start of next season or has he recurrence set him back time wise , also am I right in believing before him & Scott got there first team chance wasn’t Benarous supposed to be the more well thought of regarding potential, I know it’s all about taking your chance when given them and obviously Scott has . 

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Will Benarous be available for the start of next season or has he recurrence set him back time wise , also am I right in believing before him & Scott got there first team chance wasn’t Benarous supposed to be the more well thought of regarding potential, I know it’s all about taking your chance when given them and obviously Scott has . 

Not sure regarding Ayman’s injury - I know Rob Atkinson will not be available for the starts of the season but hopefully Ayman makes it. 

I don’t recall reading Benarous was ever considered a better prospect than Scott. I do recall murmurs that Bell was ahead of Conway in the pecking order, but Conway was faster to ‘take his chance’. Regardless all the young lads are coming good and bringing a lot to the team so it’s all gravy ?

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Not sure regarding Ayman’s injury - I know Rob Atkinson will not be available for the starts of the season but hopefully Ayman makes it. 

I don’t recall reading Benarous was ever considered a better prospect than Scott. I do recall murmurs that Bell was ahead of Conway in the pecking order, but Conway was faster to ‘take his chance’. Regardless all the young lads are coming good and bringing a lot to the team so it’s all gravy ?

Totally agree about Conway he looks the real deal to me , I’m still not sure about Bell but would be very happily proved wrong 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Totally agree about Conway he looks the real deal to me , I’m still not sure about Bell but would be very happily proved wrong 

I’m sold on both honestly. Rate them highly. Totally agree Conway has had the better season, but Bell has brought so much as well. I believe both will be top flight players one day.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m sold on both honestly. Rate them highly. Totally agree Conway has had the better season, but Bell has brought so much as well. I believe both will be top flight players one day.

Hopefully with city , for us to progress there really has to be a point where we stop selling on our best talent or we will keep pissing in the wind ( to put in bluntly)

40 minutes ago, redkev said:

I think the plan is he will be, yes, but careful not to push him too quickly.

Re Alex v Ayman, I don’t think there was ever really much “he’s ahead of him” type stuff.  Alex joined as a 16 year old, and in barely any time was a first teamer.  So I don’t think there was any time for it to be a “thing”.

29 minutes ago, redkev said:

Today we saw for 10-15 minutes Bristol City’s equivalent of Ajax’s Kanu and Kluivert playing together and leading the line.  We will have to see if it develops.

Ok then, last one for this season. It’s a strangely pensive time. Thankfully, there’s another month of football to watch courtesy of Prem, FA Cup and Europe but not the highs and lows of our beloved reds. Already counting down to August to be honest.

1 change to the 18. Dasilva out, Mehmeti in. I think we’ve seen the last of Jay then, a good servant for us. Mehmeti meanwhile is just getting started, and I think there’s lots to come from the lad. Hoping he gets minutes today. COYR. ?⚪

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous

And we’re done! On the topic of this thread, availability has felt much better this season. I think Rennie and his team are doing really well. If we can maintain good availability throughout next season (with a squad padded out a bit this summer) I think that gives us every chance of a play-off finish. Bit of early optimism for you! Good win today, well done boys. And well done OTIB on another good season.

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous

• This topic was locked, unlocked and unpinned

We back.

As per, I’ll update after each game with a list of unavailable players and any info worth mentioning. I’m sure @Davefevs will post some visual representations of players availability as per years gone by as well, which is a very welcome and useful addition to the thread. Thanks in advance Mr. Fevs. 

To kick us off, following our opening pre-season friendly:

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous

The only names I was surprised to not see today were Taylor-Clarke and, more concerningly, Naismith. Hopefully this will be addressed by the club in the post-match content.

Mods: pin if you feel so inclined ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

We back.

As per, I’ll update after each game with a list of unavailable players and any info worth mentioning. I’m sure @Davefevs will post some visual representations of players availability as per years gone by as well, which is a very welcome and useful addition to the thread. Thanks in advance Mr. Fevs. 

To kick us off, following our opening pre-season friendly:

Injured:

Atkinson

Benarous

The only names I was surprised to not see today were Taylor-Clarke and, more concerningly, Naismith. Hopefully this will be addressed by the club in the post-match content.

Mods: pin if you feel so inclined ?

Yes, I will indeed.

Naismith - knee

re OTC, SPH, Harry Leeson, etc, then they played midweek, so we just played the 2x11 needed for 45 each.

No Bajic, HWR picked over him.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I will indeed.

Naismith - knee

re OTC, SPH, Harry Leeson, etc, then they played midweek, so we just played the 2x11 needed for 45 each.

Fab, thank you Dave. Any early indication of a timeframe for Kal?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Is there any issue with Bajic that you know of Dave ? Seems odd that the Keeper expected to Challenge Max doesn't get a run out . Even if they rate HWR , it's surely too early to have him on the bench. A handful of games at National League North isn't much experience, I would expect him to get a loan this year .

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I will indeed.

Naismith - knee

It is very apparent that Bajic isn't the player the club thought he was going to be, challenging Bents for number one with Max leaving but it has turned into Bents leaving and Max claiming No1 spot without Bajic properly challenging Max. I think a backup goalkeeper is crucial this summer because as much as I rate HWR we can't rely on him to be backup with the experience he has. For HWR he needs a good loan where he is going to be number 1 and he can get a good taste of mens football and then the club can review the situation next summer. Someone like Chris Maxwell who was at Blackpool last year would be perfect. Good experience, can give Max healthy competition, available on a free. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Fab, thank you Dave. Any early indication of a timeframe for Kal?

No, nothing come out from club….purely eagle eyes on the uncut video showing him in the dugout with an ice-pack on his knee.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Is there any issue with Bajic that you know of Dave ? Seems odd that the Keeper expected to Challenge Max doesn't get a run out . Even if they rate HWR , it's surely too early to have him on the bench. A handful of games at National League North isn't much experience, I would expect him to get a loan this year .

⬇️⬇️⬇️

19 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

It is very apparent that Bajic isn't the player the club thought he was going to be, challenging Bents for number one with Max leaving but it has turned into Bents leaving and Max claiming No1 spot without Bajic properly challenging Max. I think a backup goalkeeper is crucial this summer because as much as I rate HWR we can't rely on him to be backup with the experience he has. For HWR he needs a good loan where he is going to be number 1 and he can get a good taste of mens football and then the club can review the situation next summer. Someone like Chris Maxwell who was at Blackpool last year would be perfect. Good experience, can give Max healthy competition, available on a free. 

Tend to agree.  I watched a fair bit of highlights of Bajic at Valenciennes, and despite their defence being atrocious, he looked below what we needed.  Looks like he gets stuck in his 6 yard box and that might create indecision from his defenders in front of him.  When he signed I watched a bit of him at Pau and St.Etienne , he was kamikaze coming off his line, so maybe he’s gone too far the other way.  He’s still incredibly young though.

It seemed that TransferRoom and Cisse played a big part in getting him over and the word was we jumped through hoops to get him a work permit.

Cisse is no longer to be seen.  2+2???

I think we will try to move him on.

I really like Maxwell as an option.  Good character too by all accounts.

Others have mentioned Sarkic as an option if Wolves get Scott.  A lot of sense in that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looks like he gets stuck in his 6 yard box and that might create indecision from his defenders in front of him.

The main reason I have taken Max over Bents' in arguments. The defence are so much more confident knowing Max will come. If we get another Keeper to Challenge O'Leary, I really think we need someone happy on crosses .

Our recent record signing Keepers is shocking. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The main reason I have taken Max over Bents' in arguments. The defence are so much more confident knowing Max will come. If we get another Keeper to Challenge O'Leary, I really think we need someone happy on crosses .

Our recent record signing Keepers is shocking. 

Completely agree

• Like 1

I do wonder if we might be in the market for a goalie more senior/experienced than Max. I don't mean a 36 year old, but a keeper that has played at a higher level. It's not that I don't rate Max, but I just wonder if this young team could do with experience and presence between the sticks.

I know naff all about keepers so won't make any suggestions!!

Following our 7-1 win at the HPC against Swindon, we've had an an opportunity to look at swathes of our squad as we fielded 2 different XI's and some of our young guns, including OTC, Palmer-Houlden and Idehen, turned out for Swindon.

Everyone we expected to be present was. Wiles-Richards didn't play (I'm assuming he didn't get any time in Swindon's net?) as Bajic was given an hour instead.

Main headline, still no Kal :( 

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous 

Edited by BCFCGav

A couple more games under the belt and the lads seem to be playing well. Still no sign of Kal sadly.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Ross McCrorie was absent from both games today. Potentially an injury, but that’s not confirmed at the moment (to my knowledge). I note there were some subs today, I take that to be a case of controlling minutes and legs rather than injury subs? I didn’t watch either game but can’t see anything about knocks in the mdt.

2 weeks to go ?⚪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

A couple more games under the belt and the lads seem to be playing well. Still no sign of Kal sadly.

Injured:

Atkinson

Naismith

Benarous

Ross McCrorie was absent from both games today. Potentially an injury, but that’s not confirmed at the moment (to my knowledge). I note there were some subs today, I take that to be a case of controlling minutes and legs rather than injury subs? I didn’t watch either game but can’t see anything about knocks in the mdt.

2 weeks to go ?⚪

1st game v Newport, starting xi played all game, no subs used.

2nd game v Oxford, starting xi played all game, bar:

• Knight-Lebel 71 (Campbell-Slowey)
  • Weimann 71 (Meerholz)
  • O’Leary 45 (Bajic)
  • Conway 83 (Francois)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

1st game v Newport, starting xi played all game, no subs used.

2nd game v Oxford, starting xi played all game, bar:

• Knight-Lebel 71 (Campbell-Slowey)
  • Weimann 71 (Meerholz)
  • O’Leary 45 (Bajic)
  • Conway 83 (Francois)

Looked like TC had a problem at one point, he was subbed not long after.

seemed strange he didn’t do the 90 unless he was feeling something.

Austria cost us Naismith, the first pre-season fixtures cost us McCrorie and the fixtures after that seem to have cost us Weimann. And we still have two matches to play. Frustrating! Also frustrating is (to my knowledge) no comment from the club regarding any of the above. But City’s inability to talk to us of late is for another thread!

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Benarous

Weimann

No. More. Injuries. Before. Preston. And a return or two would be nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Austria cost us Naismith, the first pre-season fixtures cost us McCrorie and the fixtures after that seem to have cost us Weimann. And we still have two matches to play. Frustrating! Also frustrating is (to my knowledge) no comment from the club regarding any of the above. But City’s inability to talk to us of late is for another thread!

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Benarous

Weimann

No. More. Injuries. Before. Preston. And a return or two would be nice.

It is difficult to know for sure what is going on but it is worth pointing out one factor may be the club being cautious and not unnecessarily risking players so players who are missing games now may not be injured to such an extent they would not be picked for competitive fixtures and may otherwise be undergoing a full pre season training programme. As fans we like to know everything but I am not convinced the club owe us any kind of update on who is and who is not being considered for pre season games and why. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It is difficult to know for sure what is going on but it is worth pointing out one factor may be the club being cautious and not unnecessarily risking players so players who are missing games now may not be injured to such an extent they would not be picked for competitive fixtures and may otherwise be undergoing a full pre season training programme. As fans we like to know everything but I am not convinced the club owe us any kind of update on who is and who is not being considered for pre season games and why. 

Understand that and it would be very sensible to do exactly that (not take any risks on players with ‘niggles’). But a brief mention in a post match interview or a tweet of ‘Kal misses out tonight with a mild strain’ surely wouldn’t hurt. They’ve just stopped mentioning Naismith and McCrorie altogether.

Any info I’ve been able to unearth has come from the Post up to now.

• Like 1