IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

Conway went down with no one around him before heading straight down the tunnel according to people at the game. Vyner also subbed late on, not sure why at this point, but I’ll leave him off the list for now. Conway goes on though, that’s an injury.

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Good pre-season this. Let’s see who we lose Saturday. 

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is one of the reasons I hate seeing so many fans on twitter banging on about how we're going to be top 6 etc a few injuries can change everything. 

I still wonder how we're always racking up so many injuries, there must be something in how the training takes place or in how the players are pushed because it seems to happen a hell of a lot. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Conway went down with no one around him before heading straight down the tunnel according to people at the game. Vyner also subbed late on, not sure why at this point, but I’ll leave him off the list for now. Conway goes on though, that’s an injury.

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

******* negativity , can’t wait some people . You don’t even know what wrong with them . ******* shut up 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

******* negativity , can’t wait some people . You don’t even know what wrong with them . ******* shut up 

Bloody hell man who are you to talk to another poster like that? One of our star players went down without contact - always a red flag - so yea I’m miffed and disappointed. But that response? Good lord mate, reconsider how you discuss things.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is one of the reasons I hate seeing so many fans on twitter banging on about how we're going to be top 6 etc a few injuries can change everything. 

I still wonder how we're always racking up so many injuries, there must be something in how the training takes place or in how the players are pushed because it seems to happen a hell of a lot. 

Do you not think our availability has improved out of all recognition since Dave Rennie arrived? Weimann returned under him & then didn’t miss a single game the following season.

Hardly “so many” injuries, is it?

I would expect we are pretty much in the middle of the table regarding player availability & would be interested to know for instance how we could have stopped Atkinson & Benarous doing their ACLs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Injured:

Atkinson

McCrorie

Naismith

Benarous

Weimann

Conway

Fleming has confirmed no injuries sustained tonight. Zak and Tommy are fine

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is the injury thread and BCFCGav has been tasked one way or another with keeping score. 

However I sometimes/often share your frustration with some on this forum. !

• Like 2

Just now, ollywhyte said:

Yea that’s a relief. And a perfect example of the club being quick to keep us in the loop. Hopefully see Conway in the squad for Portsmouth now.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This has to be a joke? A shit one but still ?

Anyway I trust Wells to do a job if need be. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

This is the injury thread and BCFCGav has been tasked one way or another with keeping score. 

However I sometimes/often share your frustration with some on this forum. !

I think I’m generally pretty positive too! A bad day in work combined with (seemingly) a 4th injury in pre-season wound me up but I like to think Stevie has mischaracterised me a fair bit there ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I think I’m generally pretty positive too! A bad day in work combined with (seemingly) a 4th injury in pre-season wound me up but I like to think Stevie has mischaracterised me a fair bit there ?

Apologies if I overreacted gav . As I said though , there are some who can’t wait to be negative. Haven’t even kicked a ball in anger yet . 

9 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Fleming can't possibly have said that. We've already established on this thread that every player missing or being subbed in a pre-season game is an unmitigated disaster and the club are pretending that injuries don't exist. 

• Haha 2

• Admin

I'd say that we've just seen two massive over reactions on here 

Like I posted on another thread, I blame cad for everyone suddenly becoming a medical expert 

Even if someone did get injured tonight, we've got 46 league games ahead of us and very few will play them all 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Hate that term. It usually implies they're faking it or making a meal of it and shows a complete lack of empathy for a player who may be going through a difficult period and who we're meant to support.

Totally agree. For all we know. it may be the club that are choosing not to risk Naismith too quickly during pre-season rather than him believing he is unfit to play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Apologies if I overreacted gav . As I said though , there are some who can’t wait to be negative. Haven’t even kicked a ball in anger yet . 

All good brother. Let’s smash Preston next week and we’ll all be feeling positive for the season ahead ?⚪

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd say that we've just seen two massive over reactions on here 

Like I posted on another thread, I blame cad for everyone suddenly becoming a medical expert 

Even if someone did get injured tonight, we've got 46 league games ahead of us and very few will play them all 

Spot on.

For reference no one did so last season, Vyner managed 45 (missed Rotherham away through illness) & Wells was on the pitch in 45 too but he only started 32 of those.

One of the reasons we brought in McCrorie, Dickie, Roberts & Knight was to give us more squad depth.

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Do you not think our availability has improved out of all recognition since Dave Rennie arrived? Weimann returned under him & then didn’t miss a single game the following season.

Hardly “so many” injuries, is it?

I would expect we are pretty much in the middle of the table regarding player availability & would be interested to know for instance how we could have stopped Atkinson & Benarous doing their ACLs.

It did for a bit but bare in mind we brought new players in so we couldn't do that without them being fit. I would call 6 injuries before the season even kicks off pretty heavy, especially when one is your lead striker and another is your brand new signing who's longest injury prior to this was 3 games missed due to corona virus and now he's out for "59 days".

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bit more of an interview with Fleming. Mentions a few others. Naismith seems be the one that will be out the longest 

The key bit:

Kal Naismith is yet to play in pre-season and once again wasn’t in either squad for Tuesday’s matches against Exeter City and Cheltenham. New signing Ross McCrorie played last week against Swindon Town but was missing for the weekend double-header against Newport County and Oxford United and again on Tuesday.

Andi Weimann, meanwhile, played and scored in the 4-1 win over the Us on Saturday but has since been suffering with a bruised foot.

Fleming wouldn’t go into extensive detail over Naismith but accepted he has been dealing with several niggles, while raising the fact the whole season needs to be taken into consideration rather than just the first game, indicating the Scot is a doubt for the start of the campaign. McCrorie’s problem seems minor but unless the right-back is involved against Portsmouth on Saturday it seems unlikely he’ll be in consideration to face Preston.

“Kal’s not far away, we’re just being a little bit careful because he’s had a couple of niggles as we’ve gone on,” Fleming added. “The season isn’t August 5, we average 54 games in a season, so it’s important to have everything right.

“It’s the same with Ross, it’s a little niggle. And Andi has bruised the bottom of his foot, so it’s not a bad injury, it’s just every time he plants his foot it’s like being on glass. He’s grand, we’re just getting the ice on it. They’re not major, they’re not months away, they’re days and weeks, so that for us is very good.

“If you're a player now, at this time of the season, you’re trying to calm them down. They say two days’ rest saves you two weeks. Sometimes three days' rest will save you two months. So it’s just calming them down. They’re all working hard but at the moment we’re just being careful.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

As per @GrahamC re Rennie, the amount of games lost to muscle injuries has dropped drastically.  Compare that to the muscle injuries and subsequent re-occurrences we saw.

Contact injuries, whether in training or in matches there ain’t a lot you can do about.

ACLs are often freak in how they happen…but I do think the speed of the game, the hard-pitches (underneath) they play on have an impact.  They are becoming almost as regular as the cartilage injuries of the 70s and 80s.

Essentially we’ve been playing two mixed up 11s through pre-season, not having Naismith for game 1 is not as important as having him for more games when he’s properly back.  Rushing now may lead to re-occurrence later.

We are still in good shape.

• Like 3

That’s disappointing to read, though the general point about having players available for the majority of games & not simply the start is spot on.

We’ll know more after the Pompey game & maybe McCrorie could still be back by Preston, but on this basis it looks like Tanner, Vyner, Dickie & either Pring or Roberts will start the first one.

We should have clarity on Kalas by then so if it is confirmed that he’s gone & then depending on the prognosis for Naismith maybe we will look to add another?

• Admin
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We should have clarity on Kalas by then so if it is confirmed that he’s gone & then depending on the prognosis for Naismith maybe we will look to add another?

Surely if he is unattached he can sign at any time as he is exempt from the transfer window

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Surely if he is unattached he can sign at any time as he is exempt from the transfer window

Yep but surely he would want to sort his future out as soon as we stop paying him?

Just expect us to clarify the situation then, we don’t even know if our offer is still on the table.

Plus if he is coming off the wage bill that’s another saving.

• Like 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep but surely he would want to sort his future out as soon as we stop paying him?

Just expect us to clarify the situation then, we don’t even know if our offer is still on the table.

Plus if he is coming off the wage bill that’s another saving.

I might be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me, but I was under the impression that Kalas had bought land in Long Ashton and was building new property? 

Maybe I got the wrong player