IGNORED

The Injured List

BCFCGav

12 hours ago, James54De said:

Barring any addition the list will be looking so much better by the end of the next international break. 

Conway almost back

Vyner not out for too long

Benarous on his way 

Atkinson back November/December

McCorie back early ‘24

It does point toward the squad getting a massive boost about midway through the season, ready for a real assault on the upper reaches of the table. Exciting times ahead hopefully. 

I'm still taking the Vyner and Conway news yesterday with a pinch of salt, we've been burned too many times before! Once they're back on a teamsheet - happy days.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Coming into this, everything looked in our favour. Should have known there would only be one outcome. 

Tanner potentially with a knock, but seemed to play through it.

Injured:

Vyner

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Let’s remember that the first three on that list probably account for three quarters of our first choice defence. 

Tanner doesn’t pass the fitness test and is therefore the one player to leave the MD20 from Saturday, with Nelson returning to the bench in his stead. Big win tonight please. Put the back to back losses truly behind us.

Injured:

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Nights like these! Our second winner of the season in stoppage-time, it’s some feeling. Tommy Conway… I don’t want to go too overboard but John Atyeo is looking down a little nervous 😁

No new knocks.

Injured:

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Nights like these! Our second winner of the season in stoppage-time, it’s some feeling. Tommy Conway… I don’t want to go too overboard but John Atyeo is looking down a little nervous 😁

No new knocks.

Injured:

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

McCrorie

Benarous

Crikey we’re short of numbers defensively. Atkinson can’t be too far away now?

Rough estimated time of Vyner out? 

For those that wonder why I do this list, look no further 🤣 Conway back so it seems the football gods demanded another striker sacrificed. We’ll hear more about Wells today I’m sure.

Is it me or do we never do well against the recent Prem teams? I know they’re ex-prem for a reason but lesser teams than us seem to nick the odd win. Ah well. 14th is a little meh but with the money brought in Vs money spent it’s probably to be expected. I personally think we’re at no risk of the bottom three this season, so that’s something.

Injured:

McCrorie

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

Benarous

Wells

16 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

For those that wonder why I do this list, look no further 🤣 Conway back so it seems the football gods demanded another striker sacrificed. We’ll hear more about Wells today I’m sure.

Is it me or do we never do well against the recent Prem teams? I know they’re ex-prem for a reason but lesser teams than us seem to nick the odd win. Ah well. 14th is a little meh but with the money brought in Vs money spent it’s probably to be expected. I personally think we’re at no risk of the bottom three this season, so that’s something.

Injured:

McCrorie

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

Benarous

Wells

With Wells waiting for a scan , Atkinson some way away and Benarous being carefully monitored , has there been any updates on the rest I may have missed ?
I'm guessing McCrorie hasn't started training yet.
Tanner , I've not seen any updates, though I was hopeful for after the break.
Vyner too , it was said to be weeks but what is the timeline? Hopefully after the break. 

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

With Wells waiting for a scan , Atkinson some way away and Benarous being carefully monitored , has there been any updates on the rest I may have missed ?
I'm guessing McCrorie hasn't started training yet.
Tanner , I've not seen any updates, though I was hopeful for after the break.
Vyner too , it was said to be weeks but what is the timeline? Hopefully after the break. 

I don’t know anything more than you’ve said sadly. I think people may be underestimating Vyner’s injury though - while it’s great he doesn’t need surgery I understand it’s still a bad one so could be some time. Hope I’m wrong!

• Thanks 1

On 08/10/2023 at 14:53, BCFCGav said:

I don’t know anything more than you’ve said sadly. I think people may be underestimating Vyner’s injury though - while it’s great he doesn’t need surgery I understand it’s still a bad one so could be some time. Hope I’m wrong!

Everything out of the club has suggested “a few” weeks. In fact, that phrase has been used at least twice. Initially Nige said if he didn’t need surgery it would be “four, five or six weeks”. 

• Like 1

I'm not as optimistic on returnees. On the plus side Conway being ease back in and Weimann too and handled carefully over the international break will boost us.

Hopefully Tanner, Vyner and Wells will be back but if we rush it could go wrong..our luck with injuries I dunno.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 hours ago, James54De said:

Vyner?

At least two more weeks. I take that to mean a month.

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Wells, Naismith and Knight (illness) could all be missing this weekend. Tanner isn’t fit either…

Blige.

It's looking like Dickie and Curtis Fleming as the centre-halves for Cov. I was desperate for us to pick up another centre-half this past summer, coming into the season with four (one with a popped ACL) was always going to leave us in trouble eventually, especially with our injury susceptibility. 

• Like 1

Played a blinder this international break, three players back from injury. What was that? It’s three NEW injuries? Oh. Not a fab two week break then.

Naismith, Williams and Wells are all out. J. James, Idehen and Knight-Lebel come in. Injury crisis FC is back!

Injured:

McCrorie

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Williams

Benarous

Wells

• Sad 2

Two things I can’t wait to eat tonight - an Indian takeaway, and my words. Keeping a clean sheet with 3 of our 4 centre halves out injured, a mid-game formation change, and against last seasons play off finalists? Unbelievable stuff. Onto Ipswich and hopefully one or two back, but I’m not in a rush for Wednesday. Gonna savour this one for a few days!

Injured:

McCrorie

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Williams

Benarous

Wells

• Robin 1

On 21/10/2023 at 17:07, BCFCGav said:

Injured:

McCrorie

Tanner

Vyner

Atkinson

Naismith

Williams

Benarous

Wells

The thing that's bothering me about this is didn't we recruit new staff that were supposed to prevent us getting into a situation like this again? 

What's going on that causes so many injuries? We seem to want to play a high press, high energy type of football but I'm starting to think the players just aren't capable if this is the result, I mean we're 3 injuries away from a starting 11 at this point. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The thing that's bothering me about this is didn't we recruit new staff that were supposed to prevent us getting into a situation like this again? 

What's going on that causes so many injuries? We seem to want to play a high press, high energy type of football but I'm starting to think the players just aren't capable if this is the result, I mean we're 3 injuries away from a starting 11 at this point. 

What are the causes of each player’s injury, are they muscle related, where did they occur, etc.

Building that picture helps to draw conclusions.  Even then we aren’t sports science experts, but at least we have a foundation to speculate / have an opinion.

For example, take someone like Joe Williams.  Yeah, we all know about the initial quad injury injury that led to his hamstring injuries that made him miss virtually all of his first two seasons here.  But since then he’s had one hamstring injury, albeit he was managed for part of the season.  That was supposedly a season-ender, but he came back ahead of schedule. His latest injury is a contact injury.  He’s been fit all season until Friday’s session.

FWIW here are this season’s injuries so far:

image.thumb.png.cc88e2bedd42ab289137357bddde7b9a.png

Muscle type injuries (league games missed):

Naismith - Calf (1), Quad (1)

Williams - Calf (1)

Conway - Hamstring (7)

Weimann - Heel / Foot (5)

Benarous - Unspecified (but we believe it’s Hamstring) (10)

I think you have to accept that ACL / Knee / Knee Ligament injuries are part and parcel of the modern game due to its speed and the surfaces played on.  We are seeing many more ACLs than ever, not just City.

Then we have the contact injuries, part and parcel too, even Williams’s calf might be that, but I just go by what we are told in the main and have classed as muscle.:

Tanner - Ankle (3)

Wells - Ankle (1)

My subjective view is that we are getting much less muscle type injuries than previously, ie it is improving, so we are fine to try to play the type of game we are - high energy (not to be confused with high press).  But we feel it is worse because any injury exposes the small nature of our squad.  Players like Vyner and Wells have been virtually 100% available.  Both injured, but not muscle related.

We actually heard Nige admit yesterday that he feels he could do with another couple of players.  Budget is stopping that.

Finally, 9 subs makes the situation look much worse.

• Like 3