IGNORED

Meet the players event today

milo1111

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think you want to be looking at the behaviour of fellow fans, not the lack of stewards at a free event

Typical reaction from people , was it a farce or was it I’ll discipline by some of the fans so there little Jonny could have a selfie with a player , bit like last season with the can I have your shirt placards and chasing players after the game again can I have your shirt . Sincerely hope we don’t see that crap again this season - pathetic 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Typical reaction from people , was it a farce or was it I’ll discipline by some of the fans so there little Jonny could have a selfie with a player , bit like last season with the can I have your shirt placards and chasing players after the game again can I have your shirt . Sincerely hope we don’t see that crap again this season - pathetic 

All seems pretty organised with players separate to the queue 

Someone mentioned different queues for different players, where were the other players sat? 

Screenshot_20230726_184912_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230726_184917_Instagram.jpg

• Admin

Interesting article on the official website 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/meet-the-squad-thank-you/

The article is worded interestingly in the wording used "we" etc Screenshot_20230726_192906_Gallery.jpg

1,200 used their new digital season tickets, I wonder how many people were scanned in by a steward? 

Screenshot_20230726_192745_Gallery.jpg

The other thing, where did everyone vanish too lol 

Screenshot_20230726_192758_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230726_192810_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mark Ashton wasn’t really responsible for that, most of this stuff is Ashton Gate Limited or Bristol Sport responsibility.

FWIW - and I don’t like Ashton - his administration of the football club was absolutely fine.  His over-involvement with recruitment is my big gripe.

It is interesting seeing the recent screenshot of Bristol Sport “people” and seeing references to Pula in there.  Are people being spread across SL’s wider empire??? @ExiledAjax your thoughts?

I get the feeling people are being spread thinly. Have heard that Mark Kelly isn't as involved, Marshall more influential, Barton has been doing more. But Fevs, I've not heard that people are being deployed to the Pula/Channel Islands side of things.

But there's not been much change at board level of any company. I'll do a refresh before the season starts to check that though.

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

What is Phil Alexanders' role in all of this, as he's quieter than anyone?#

Yeh I've queried his silence with a few. Hopefully we'll get a season opener video soon where he says more than just the usual platitudes. I'll be surprised though. Definitely needs to engage more though.

Ultimately this all concerns me. My general theory/rule of thumb is that the way a club is run off the pitch is pretty soon reflected on it. It's rare that you hear of a club doing well and people say "yeh despite the car crash in the boardroom". Likewise near the bottom of the table are often clubs with "questions" around their off-field affairs. Like everything in this game it's not a perfect rule and you get the odd fluke and exception, but anecdotally I hypothesise that it's true.

During this off season (and the end of last season) we have not been doing good things off the field.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Surely , there must be someone ( fan type person who is close to an employee who is high up , you get the drift ) who can relate the concerns of some of the fans that for all the good work going on with the playing side of the club fans are concerned about lack of engagement about matters off the pitch . ( no not the dolman tannoy ?

The whole “unprecedented amount of you turned up” line is really boiling my piss more than it should and I wasn’t even there. If it was a cold Wednesday in November and we were bottom of the league then yes it would be unprecedented. But a warm Wednesday Summer afternoon when the kids are on school holidays, how can you not see that one coming ffs?! As @ballwinningcentrehalf says: “if you fail to prepare, you better be prepared to fail.” Why are we such a constant cringeworthy failure off the pitch. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Probably a large helping of both, and one thing is certain, we're only going to see more of those behaviours from now on. If you read the comments on the City Facebook posts regarding today's event, you can see both that it was incredibly badly organised, and also that more and more of the moronic great British public are going full Karen as a career choice and unbelievably entitled communication style. It's a perfect storm.

• Like 1

Didn’t go but surely an organised event would’ve been players at one end of the Dolman concourse and any queues formed down from the Lansdown under the south stand? 
Then people exit from the end of the Dolman and it keeps a flow going.

Like anything, much easier to have wasted a couple hundred quid on an overkill of stewards / security and have 200 people turn up then have 2000 and it be a PR failure.

Chuck them against the interior wall and it’s just going to be open access with people making a dart for it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Surely , there must be someone ( fan type person who is close to an employee who is high up , you get the drift ) who can relate the concerns of some of the fans that for all the good work going on with the playing side of the club fans are concerned about lack of engagement about matters off the pitch . ( no not the dolman tannoy ?

You really think they are not aware!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

All seems pretty organised with players separate to the queue 

Someone mentioned different queues for different players, where were the other players sat? 

Screenshot_20230726_184912_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230726_184917_Instagram.jpg

phants, there’s people on here and Twitter complaining who were there. Don’t defend the club as you weren’t there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

You really think they are not aware!

I honestly don’t know , if they are aware why aren’t they actively trying to put things right surely that makes sense .

would someone enlighten me on what is so bad off the pitch that needs addressing . 

13 minutes ago, redkev said:

I honestly don’t know , if they are aware why aren’t they actively trying to put things right surely that makes sense .

would someone enlighten me on what is so bad off the pitch that needs addressing . 

They are 100% aware. My honest guess is that the 'organisation' is trying to cover too much ground  Both men's and women's football, men's and women's rugby and Flyers. Then it's concerts, corporate and business conferences, hospitality etc, etc. Maybe staff are being spread too thinly, doing duplicate roles? 

Obviously this generates £££'s, but how many clubs have all those sports to deal with at once? 

• Like 5

On the plus side my sons, daughter and nephews got to meet all the players, get autographs and photos and we're buzzing. There were huge numbers there and many of them decked out in City kit.

On the downside, it was huge queues and a rugby style scrum at times. After being moved with my disabled mum by one steward, another tried to suggest that only one of our party could see the players with her. I think my snarl quickly changed the steward's mind or I could have had a football banning order before the season had started

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

They are 100% aware. My honest guess is that the 'organisation' is trying to cover too much ground  Both men's and women's football, men's and women's rugby and Flyers. Then it's concerts, corporate and business conferences, hospitality etc, etc. Maybe staff are being spread too thinly, doing duplicate roles? 

Obviously this generates £££'s, but how many clubs have all those sports to deal with at once? 

I'd say thats a very good guess.

Like a lot of organisations these days, there are maybe problems with not enough staff and retention of staff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Unless you know something…..Yes, still the dolman tannoy!!

Edited by italian dave

• Admin
2 hours ago, Selred said:

phants, there’s people on here and Twitter complaining who were there. Don’t defend the club as you weren’t there.

Just commenting on the photos mate 

I've seen lots of verbal comments around social media platforms but nothing visual 

11 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

Well that was an utter farce.

How did the club honestly think they could accommodate our loyal fans in an hour and a half ? 

There were stewards present but they needed to ensure fans only went to one group of players, instead of meeting all of them! My pal and I left at 2:20 as the queue was still going to take at least another half hour. 

Commercially we are a bit of a mess - our merchandise including shirts in the shop is really poor quality. As for the travesty of a logo (is it a Robin or a Hawke?) on the reverse don’t get me started. John Lansdown what are you up to ?

I've been saying for a while that off the field the staff are simply not good enough. I guess we retain them out of loyalty but in my opinion there needs to be a big cull of staff in order for us to move forward. They've got too comfortable over the years and that's not good for the culture of the club as staff just get complacent. We had this problem in the football side of the club previously. 

Clubs like Brighton (who we want to be like) would not accept this sort of mess from staff members and they'd be out of the door and replaced with someone who can do a better job. The staff here do not have that fear of losing their jobs so therefore they don't strive to be the best they can be. 

Big big changes are needed.

So, just so I am clear.... Bristol City have given access to meet the players at a time that is popular and accessible for most young supporters and have done so for free.

At a rough guess, 91 other football clubs have not run such an event (or have done so on another continent).

Let's hope refunds are issued quickly and we follow the model other clubs have. The sooner this community spirit pif pof is put to the sword, the better.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

So, just so I am clear.... Bristol City have given access to meet the players at a time that is popular and accessible for most young supporters and have done so for free.

At a rough guess, 91 other football clubs have not run such an event (or have done so on another continent).

Let's hope refunds are issued quickly and we follow the model other clubs have. The sooner this community spirit pif pof is put to the sword, the better.

Tbf we used to have open days pre re-development and they were always well attended and really enjoyable.

• Like 2