IGNORED

Meet the players event today

milo1111

• Admin
32 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I absolutely despise Swiss Tony for his involvement in the playing side but on the marketing/ commercial side I think we have gone backwards since he left.

it really pains me to say that as well.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Swiss Tony?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Well that was an utter farce.

How did the club honestly think they could accommodate our loyal fans in an hour and a half ? 

There were stewards present but they needed to ensure fans only went to one group of players, instead of meeting all of them! My pal and I left at 2:20 as the queue was still going to take at least another half hour. 

Commercially we are a bit of a mess - our merchandise including shirts in the shop is really poor quality. As for the travesty of a logo (is it a Robin or a Hawke?) on the reverse don’t get me started. John Lansdown what are you up to ?

Sounds like he's only up to page 3 of "Running a Football Club for Dummies"! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henry said:

@JerrySLO I see you’ve appeared online in recent days. I’m sure you’ve seen all the feedback on the merchandise, website and todays event. 
Is this being fed back to the club? What is the clubs response? Can you do a bit of liaising with supporters please?

Have you messaged him on Twitter or email?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Commercially we are a bit of a mess - our merchandise including shirts in the shop is really poor quality. As for the travesty of a logo (is it a Robin or a Hawke?) on the reverse don’t get me started. John Lansdown what are you up to ?

Yep, commercially we are a mess. 

47 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I absolutely despise Swiss Tony for his involvement in the playing side but on the marketing/ commercial side I think we have gone backwards since he left.

it really pains me to say that as well.

Mark Ashton wasn’t really responsible for that, most of this stuff is Ashton Gate Limited or Bristol Sport responsibility.

FWIW - and I don’t like Ashton - his administration of the football club was absolutely fine.  His over-involvement with recruitment is my big gripe.

It is interesting seeing the recent screenshot of Bristol Sport “people” and seeing references to Pula in there.  Are people being spread across SL’s wider empire??? @ExiledAjax your thoughts?

• Like 3

It’s a real shame that the club lets this sort of thing happen. Real small operation vibes from an organisation that often says it wants to be at the top.

If you’ve ever organised any sort of event you’ll know that if you fail to prepare, you better be prepared to fail.

Regardless of how good the intentions were, this stuff is just amateurish. We should be holding the club to a higher standard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are people being spread across SL’s wider empire

I was reading a job spec on this the other day, and essentially yes. For marketing role, not only are they underpaying, but it covers all sports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

What is Phil Alexanders' role in all of this, as he's quieter than anyone?#

Can I just clarify, that on the field I think we're in a better position than we have been for YEARS! It's just the commercial side that's an absolute shambles at the moment. 

I doubt Phil Alexander looks after the football business side of things.
Aside from making sure the players were free to attend, I doubt he’d be involved in the organising of an open day. 

I worked in events albeit Trade show end for a time.

Allocation of an hour to get items signed, given schools have broken up?? How on earth does that work, who comes up with this stuff.

It's a lovely idea but you really have to staff and plan correctly for such events. Seems variable for non matchday stuff at AG IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Can I just clarify, that on the field I think we're in a better position than we have been for YEARS! It's just the commercial side that's an absolute shambles at the moment. 

In fairness, if the ops/events/marketing teams can’t even organise a simple meet and greet at our own stadium, nothing to do with him at all. Other than to give an almighty grilling to whoever was meant to be leading it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Nail on the head here. On the field I feel we are in a very good place. Off the field we are making elementary mistakes.

It really isn’t rocket science either.

Better planning is needed and a liaison role between fans and the Commercial Dept. Most fans on here have identified the obvious mistakes we are making. 

22 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

My boys (12 and 14) went down with another friend and got loads of signatures off the players.The only one they didn’t get was Mr Scott’s because the queue for his was (massive) apparently.

They seem quite happy when my mate dropped them back a while back.

Excellent. A shame about Alex for them!

• Like 1