IGNORED

Was Nigel Pearson Lying

Redandproud

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

Being economical with the truth. Just like you were about the stewards….. and your son and the female police officer, right?

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the other factor - without wishing to cast any aspersions on Scott personally - is that a player with a knock might consider their availability slightly differently if they were on the cusp of a big move. In circumstances, it could be that a player doesn't want to risk aggravating an injury if they know they are on the cusp on a transfer even if they would likely play through the same injury if that transfer were not on the horizon. 

Yep, agree.

Not something I’d thought of but that would make sense.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Does it matter? I think we all know this is what happens when transfers are in progress.

I don't think a single person expected to see Alex on the teamsheet Saturday, less so last night.

Indeed. Hardly the first time similar has happened, and won't be the last either. It's 'read between the lines' football.

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

I would guess he was saying as little as possible in the hope that we would all get the gist of what was really going on (on the basis it's only happened about 20,000 times previously). Unfortunately it seems beyond a few............in conclusion I reckon Nige's pants are on fire.

Imagine the outright rage of the hindsight experts on here if Alex did a "Conway" and Bournemouth put it out there that all terms were agreed but due to the injury being longer term they are pulling out of a £25m deal, not to mention we would have one mightily pissed off player on our hands.

Edited by Numero Uno

2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

He was put in an awkward position

Probably not allowed to say the truth 

Not really bothered tbh 

Exactly this, especially as Nige was toeing the line “it’s £25m minimum”. He seems pretty pissed off that Scott’s being sold for less than that, and I don’t blame him. His sale make sense for the finances, but weakens the squad and now we’ve got three weeks to find at least one replacement. I don’t see how his sale strengthens us if we now have to panic buy. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Exactly this, especially as Nige was toeing the line “it’s £25m minimum”. He seems pretty pissed off that Scott’s being sold for less than that, and I don’t blame him. His sale make sense for the finances, but weakens the squad and now we’ve got three weeks to find at least one replacement. I don’t see how his sale strengthens us if we now have to panic buy. 

Why would we be panic buying? It's not the last day of the window and it's hardly breaking news that the kid is leaving. If the club does not have a contingency plan in place and really does have to panic buy then it's total incompetence and lunacy on everyone's part. We all knew Scott was ******* off and the club will have had players in mind to replace him since the end of last season.

2 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Possibly/probably. Does it matter? 

He will not come out and announce details of this nature to fans before the club are ready to but has to manage questions from the media before official responses can be given.  

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why would we be panic buying? It's not the last day of the window and it's hardly breaking news that the kid is leaving. If the club does not have a contingency plan in place and really does have to panic buy then it's total incompetence and lunacy on everyone's part. We all knew Scott was ******* off and the club will have had players in mind to replace him since the end of last season.

Let’s hope you’re right. I don’t think Nige is a liar, so when he said he’s not sure what money - if any - he’ll get from this sale, I doubt we have any form of contingency plan in place unless it was  signing Knight and hoping Benarous returns to the level he was at when he got injured first time. 

As others have said ,the truth around transfers is often fairly misty.

I think what will be more frustrating if it occurs is if the fee is undisclosed.Although selling once in a generation talent like Scott is possibly v short-sighted if we have any intentions of reaching the prem,I understand all the arguments that make it almost inevitable that we have to sell .However I suspect we accept it far better if he goes for the much talked about £25m ,when if fee is undisclosed it may be that the actual fee (with fabled add ons) could be as low as £12m or less ,Scott is no big name yet and with minimal interest,it may well be we settle at a much lower fee.

Thst could explain NP’s surliness on the subject.As his war chest will be considerably smaller than anticipated.

Unfortunately we will probably never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redandproud said:

No, Scott had a knee injury last week that required a scan, it was only a knock, but was checked due to swelling.

• Thanks 1

I get the feeling the Nige thought the longer it went on Alex would be here , hence being heavily involved in pre season games etc , we all sort of new it was inevitable but as kick off approached I think we all had a sneaky hope , Nige included .

if he is going get it done today please and we all move on 

as for the Harry Kane farce I’d be fuming if I was a Tottenham fan that has dragged on for nearly 15 months and they could be losing him 2 days before the season kicks off .

if you listened to talk sport this morning you would have thought the world had ended , absolutely embarrassing coverage Jim white is an absolute tool.