IGNORED

Was Nigel Pearson Lying

Redandproud

20 minutes ago, redkev said:

I get the feeling the Nige thought the longer it went on Alex would be here , hence being heavily involved in pre season games etc , we all sort of new it was inevitable but as kick off approached I think we all had a sneaky hope , Nige included .

if he is going get it done today please and we all move on 

as for the Harry Kane farce I’d be fuming if I was a Tottenham fan that has dragged on for nearly 15 months and they could be losing him 2 days before the season kicks off .

if you listened to talk sport this morning you would have thought the world had ended , absolutely embarrassing coverage Jim white is an absolute tool.

Jim will be relieved then that "football starts again this weekend" ! ?

39 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

As others have said ,the truth around transfers is often fairly misty.

I think what will be more frustrating if it occurs is if the fee is undisclosed.Although selling once in a generation talent like Scott is possibly v short-sighted if we have any intentions of reaching the prem,I understand all the arguments that make it almost inevitable that we have to sell .However I suspect we accept it far better if he goes for the much talked about £25m ,when if fee is undisclosed it may be that the actual fee (with fabled add ons) could be as low as £12m or less ,Scott is no big name yet and with minimal interest,it may well be we settle at a much lower fee.

Thst could explain NP’s surliness on the subject.As his war chest will be considerably smaller than anticipated.

Unfortunately we will probably never know.

Prepare to be frustrated, because it will be undisclosed. I can't remember the last time one of ours wasn't.

1 hour ago, tin said:

Let’s hope you’re right. I don’t think Nige is a liar, so when he said he’s not sure what money - if any - he’ll get from this sale, I doubt we have any form of contingency plan in place unless it was  signing Knight and hoping Benarous returns to the level he was at when he got injured first time. 

We WILL have a contingency plan in place. Doesn't guarantee it will come off mind!! Saturday showed that we still have the potential to struggle against the Preston's of this world - that's too many points to throw away. We could always ask every club to come down and play a nice open and slightly disorganised game for us instead!! I also reckon the CEO will know down to the last penny what Pearson will be able to spend.

1 hour ago, Redtrojan said:

As others have said ,the truth around transfers is often fairly misty.

I think what will be more frustrating if it occurs is if the fee is undisclosed.Although selling once in a generation talent like Scott is possibly v short-sighted if we have any intentions of reaching the prem,I understand all the arguments that make it almost inevitable that we have to sell .However I suspect we accept it far better if he goes for the much talked about £25m ,when if fee is undisclosed it may be that the actual fee (with fabled add ons) could be as low as £12m or less ,Scott is no big name yet and with minimal interest,it may well be we settle at a much lower fee.

Thst could explain NP’s surliness on the subject.As his war chest will be considerably smaller than anticipated.

Unfortunately we will probably never know.

Totally agree., its very disappointing, if inevitable. We don't want to show our hands and let other clubs know exactly what we got for him as this will push up the fee of any potential new signings.  However, I'll be shocked if Scott stays a Bournemouth for very long. They are just a stepping stone for him and I sincerely hope we have a very large sell on clause, as I can see him being sold for £100MIL+ in 3-4 years time. 

4 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

Signing for Bournemouth and missing the first couple of games due to knee injury,

No he wasn't 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We WILL have a contingency plan in place. Doesn't guarantee it will come off mind!! Saturday showed that we still have the potential to struggle against the Preston's of this world - that's too many points to throw away. We could always ask every club to come down and play a nice open and slightly disorganised game for us instead!! I also reckon the CEO will know down to the last penny what Pearson will be able to spend.

The balanxe od the midfield and this was linked to availability more than tactics was why we struggled v Preston or a reason anyway IMO but that's probably for another thread.

Hopefully we have a Plan A if Scott stayed and a Plan B with targets on a short and not so short list if he goes.

AFCB Fans  · 

Follow
  · 

☀️ What a beautiful day!!!
? Bournemouth are set to sign midfielder Alex Scott from Bristol City. Alex Scott will have a medical & agree deal in excess of £20m.
It's finally happening, what a transfer window, wow, just need a striker. …
See more
May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text

All reactions:

78 comments
13 shares

Comment

17 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

AFCB Fans  · 

Follow
  · 

☀️ What a beautiful day!!!
? Bournemouth are set to sign midfielder Alex Scott from Bristol City. Alex Scott will have a medical & agree deal in excess of £20m.
It's finally happening, what a transfer window, wow, just need a striker. …
See more
May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text

All reactions:

78 comments
13 shares

Comment

I see that they agree with the assessment of one particular poster on here that Semenyo isn't a striker. :).

But then they haven't seen him playing with Scott supplying the bullets. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

on the basis that it is being reported that he won't be available for Bournemouth for a number of weeks I would say he was telling us as it was

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redandproud said:

History repeating itself.1971 Chris Garland played in City's first game of the season, then missed the League Cup game "Due to a knock he picked up on Saturday". This meant CG was not cup tied and he was then sold to Chelsea for £100k. Back then though, we weren't so cynical as today and believed whet the club told us.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

History repeating itself.1971 Chris Garland played in City's first game of the season, then missed the League Cup game "Due to a knock he picked up on Saturday". This meant CG was not cup tied and he was then sold to Chelsea for £100k. Back then though, we weren't so cynical as today and believed whet the club told us.

No, because Scott was and is injured, so nothing like that at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 22A said:

It's not though is it? It's been confirmed that he won't go straight into the Bournemouth side because he is injured. What I don't understand is that people are so cynical that they still believe the club is lying after comments from neutral media backing up what has been said. Either that or, as others have said, Bournemouth are absolutely fine with paying £25m for our player and seem happy to leave him out just so that horrible liar Nigel Pearson can save face....... Utterly bizarre thinking (I use the term very loosely) tbh.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Redandproud said:

No. A player can have a swollen knee one week and be sold the next - they are not mutually exclusive. 

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Bournmouth didn't want him cup tied.

Pressure from the Premier League giants? ?‍♂️

You really believe that Barfmouth would have backed out of a deal for a future England international..due to him being cup tied in the EFL Cup?  Where do u stand about the existence of unicorns?

6 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Just to add, I have a knock on my right knee at the moment. I am sure that is the reason I won't be selected this weekend.

Congrats on your big transfer!

5 hours ago, tin said:

Exactly this, especially as Nige was toeing the line “it’s £25m minimum”. He seems pretty pissed off that Scott’s being sold for less than that, and I don’t blame him. His sale make sense for the finances, but weakens the squad and now we’ve got three weeks to find at least one replacement. I don’t see how his sale strengthens us if we now have to panic buy. 

No need to panic buy, we've known for ages that Scott will go at some point. The club will already have a plan in place.

The club has history of this. Several years ago, before the redevelopment  of AG, we used to have a vending machine in the old Williams stand which sold bottles of coke etc. Then there was a clampdown on bottles at the concessions and they had to have their tops removed , and the next game the vending machine had a sign on it saying "out of order". I thought then, and I think now they were lying to us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Answer: 100% no

*While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Answer: 100% no

*While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

We were saying he would be ok for Millwall game, Bournemouth say it's worse and would be out longer. So if he would have stayed a bit longer we could have possibly played him this weekend and made things worse.