IGNORED

Was Nigel Pearson Lying

Redandproud

"While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

Makes you wonder how bad an injury has to be to fail our medical tests?!

• Admin
2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Answer: 100% no

*While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

I wonder if there is a very tiny bit of small print that states if he doesn't recover the deals off? 

Obviously they wouldn't have touched him if they thought the injury was long term, but would be mildly amusing if they panicked into a purchase 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

Alex Scott has now signed for Bournemouth.

Unfortunately, he will be unavailable for selection for their first game in The Premier League this weekend, as he is still recovering from a knee injury received whilst training with Bristol City.

Nigel Pearson mentioned something similar in one of his press conferences prior to the Preston match.

Ergo, no I don’t think Nigel Pearson was lying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, prankerd said:

Its pretty ovbious they knew this deal was pretty much done before Saturday and it was just sorting out the last few add ons and personal terms.

I thought it was a bit odd he didnt play against Cheltenham..

Then though, Portsmouth followed Cheltenham and if anything had more competitive edge being the final game for both and a 3pm on a Saturday, Scott started that one didn't he.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Nigel person said in a pre-match press conference that Alex Scott was injured, then we find whilst the game was being played last night he is a Bournemouth having a medical,as stated by SSN , was he lying to the fans, 

Go and ask him! I’m sure he has good lawyers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

You really believe that Barfmouth would have backed out of a deal for a future England international..due to him being cup tied in the EFL Cup?  Where do u stand about the existence of unicorns?

Dozens of um, all over Bristol 

• Haha 1

On 10/08/2023 at 10:22, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What Pearson could have said:

" We are in delicate final talks with Bournemouth and given that there isn't huge interest in Alex- the club needs to cash in because we need the funds and the risk of missing out/AS getting a major injury like Conway, Atkinson/Benarous is greater than the benefit of keeping him another few months. We have little choice to sell our best players and hopefully we will be empowered to make some signings with such a big price agreed and we also hope that no one will try to pull our pants down on any new signings"

Alternatively he could have just deflected, remained professional and just said" He's got a minor injury".

Your post, feels to me like a like a very large hammer, crashing down directly over the nails head....... well done (I wish I had written it!)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

"While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

Makes you wonder how bad an injury has to be to fail our medical tests?!

You could see it that Alex reported a knock, so we let him rest but didn't feel the need to inspect it? Alex then going through a thorough investigation discovers it's worse than he first thought.

I don't know how injuries are handled at professional level if a player just says they're sore from an impact and can't play? 

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Imagine the reaction if we'd hung on to him and then discovered he was missing for 2 months.

Hindsight R Us (a quarter of the forum) would have been apoplectic with rage that we managed to get our big asset injured when we all knew "he was ******* off anyway", another quarter of the forum would have been in a "relegation panic" because our best player is out until at least December by the time he's got match fit and might never get back to his previous levels, a further quarter would still have accused us of lacking ambition regardless, another quarter would have been chilled out about it and the other 13% would have been talking complete and utter bollocks as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Can this thread be cancelled, Moderators.

It has clearly been proved that Scott was/is injured and it leaves a slid on Nige’s straight forward dealing.

There is no point in allowing this ‘debate’ to continue

Case closed, https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/alex-scotts-bournemouth-debut-delayed-as-serious-bristol-city-injury-emerges-4252037

• Thanks 2

I think it's really nice of Bournemouth to keep going along with this story myself - maybe they had a bit of a discount for that. 

I read from one poster that anyone who thought Scott was injured was living in cloud cuckoo land.

Also have to love how people know what Pearson, Lansdown and players actually think from one comment or one tweet, it's quite comical at times.

Does anyone else think that this particular pointless subject has now run it's course.?.....and should be put to bed alongside all the other stupid conspiracy theories?   Now..........how about the rumour that Nigel was seen on the Grassy Knoll in Dallas just before......................................?

On 10/08/2023 at 09:21, Redandproud said:

If it's being lied to that you're worried about, I can think of more important examples to get worked up about. 

So out of interest, did you fire off an angry letter to the Telegraph about that fat prck of a prime minister we had not so long ago? Or perhaps you were on the Stop the War march before our illegal invasion of Iraq, way back when? Then again  maybe such matters are a mere trifle, compared to what a football manager said to some hacks before a Milk Cup tie (or whatever it's called these days)?

Fair play, if so. Wish I could be more like it. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If it's being lied to that you're worried about, I can think of more important examples to get worked up about. 

So out of interest, did you fire off an angry letter to the Telegraph about that fat prck of a prime minister we had not so long ago? Or perhaps you were on the Stop the War march before our illegal invasion of Iraq, way back when? Then again  maybe such matters are a mere trifle, compared to what a football manager said to some hacks before a Milk Cup tie (or whatever it's called these days)?

Fair play, if so. Wish I could be more like it. 

What the Fxxk are you talking about 

• Haha 1