IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

Saw some of first half on stream, thought we played okay but a lot of that game was quite congested in central areas as I assumed it might be.

We certainly weren't wildly stretched. Didn't create a huge number but we certainly know how Rowett sides can play.

A penalty I thought that was probably one for us. The handball potentially too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

We are ******* boring to watch and teams know how to play against us and we don't seem to know how to change it. 

2 shots on target in 135 mins of championship football 

Do you think Millwall supporters are spending half time chatting about how well/thrillingly their team have played in their utter dominance of boring BCFC? 

• Like 3

We do seem a tad lightweight in attack for me, to run the pacy/fast smooth attacking football that our front 3 suggests we want to play you need to be of a significant level above your opponent. 

Burnely, for example, showed how affective it could be last year and I have no doubt Leicester will do the same this year. 

Against weaker teams I think we have the ability to do that as well, but against better defensive teams, like millwall, we just look completely blunt in attack. 

Millwall TV saying we were the better team, I agree.
Couldn't see the handball when Wells was through.
The shoulder charge on Bell looks worse every time I see it, maybe outside the box it's given.
2 shots charged down from close and Bell not fancying the left foot shot as close as we've come.
Millwall not created much and I think we've done we to limit them.
Stroud allowing them to do what they do. 
They've been stronger 1 on 1 when breaking, that's one thing that was disappointing .
Overall, decent half, could do with better final ball and choices in the last 3rd. 

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, One Team said:

What is Williams thinking there? Was going to be a booking all day long. 

So, he just lets him break on us with our players caught in the area from a corner.  Good yellow for us, he ain't catching speedster Whatmore.

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

First 30 mins much like the Preston game, don;t think we have had a shot yet. Knight can't get into the game, Bell and Sykes seem reticent to take their man on out wide.

Knight working his socks off, splitting their central midfield up, so they can't get into a compact shape.  Gotta watch what players do off the ball too.  Spread the play, nibbled away, nice interplay.  A decent first half performance from him.

14 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

shout for a Pen as Bell looked like he was clipped, but as usual nothing doing

If not a pen then a definite foul on the edge and potential denying of a goal scoring opportunity.  How Stroud ignores it just does my head in.

Decent / v.solid first half.

They exposed us once from a square throw-in, from LWB through Mitchell to RWB, but Vyner blocked the end-shot.

They tried it again, we'd learned...Belly nipping it away from Hutchinson, didn't get run of the ball.

Pitch is dry / sticky (surprise, surprise) to suit Millwall.  Not helping us at all.

Happy so far.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Millwall TV saying we were the better team, I agree.
Couldn't see the handball when Wells was through.
The shoulder charge on Bell looks worse every time I see it, maybe outside the box it's given.
2 shots charged down from close and Bell not fancying the left foot shot as close as we've come.
Millwall not created much and I think we've done we to limit them.
Stroud allowing them to do what they do. 
They've been stronger 1 on 1 when breaking, that's one thing that was disappointing .
Overall, decent half, could do with better final ball and choices in the last 3rd. 

Yep , that’s pretty much how I see it too

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

We are ******* boring to watch and teams know how to play against us and we don't seem to know how to change it. 

2 shots on target in 135 mins of championship football 

Not especially, we just happen to have played against sides whose systems and setups are a very good matchup as well as being well drilled, coached etc.

The Championship can be quite attritional and tightly matched- it has seemed rather congested in central areas as some of us predicted and..these two shapes are quite likely to cancel out. Two matches vs solid Championship sides and a specific way of playing.

Naismith would give our midfield a bit more dimension IMO but he is still working his way back. Scott was a real X Factor.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not especially, we just happen to have played against sides whose systems and setups are a very good matchup as well as being well drilled, coached etc.

The Championship is quite attritional, it has seemed rather congested in central areas as some of us predicted and..these two shapes are quite likely to cancel out. Two matches vs solid Championship sides and a specific way of playing.

Naismith would give our midfield a bit more dimension IMO but he is still working his way back. Scott was an Factor.

I think Naismith could be the key to unlock them. 

With Williams on a yellow that's a change I'd be looking to make during the 2nd half.

• Like 2