IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

5 hours ago, chowie said:

Great read thank you.

My Great Grandfather Alf 'Jasper' Geddes played for Millwall & Bristol City, I think this picture is displayed at The Den somewhere (or used to be)

Signed to Bristol City from Millwall (via Bedminster) in 1899 then stayed here and my Nan was born 11 years later.

GeddesAEMillwall-scaled.jpg?v=1608087982

Kit designed by Jon Lansdown.

3 hours ago, Piccolo said:

I did not say you had to respect them or that they deserve respect. I said that whether people like it or not, they do command respect from many in their communities… and this was linked to my challenge to the stereotype of all hooligans being right-wing White blokes. Ie Tiny commanded respect, despite him the opposite to the stereotype.

Furthermore, I said those that I had personally met… many seemed like decent blokes overall. They were firefighters, ex military, bank managers, one was a medic!! I cannot be sure, but they seemed only interested in like minded individuals. To be fair, this was in the late 90s and early 2000s, when I went away to most games. Perhaps things have changed, society feels a lot more obnoxious overall nowadays. I find most modern football crowds obnoxious now, sadly, not just the hooligans. 

‘They seemed only interested in like minded individuals.’

That really is the biggest load of BS. Violent, hugely anti-social individuals who make decent minded fans reluctant to go to games.