IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

Fine balance between players being competitive as they know their place is up for grabs, and terrified of making a mistake as they'll get dropped immediately or trying much too hard, neither of which you want!

Pring didn't have a great game but I'm not sure he deserved dropping, even though Roberts was quality - he'll know he's on a bit of a timer though.

Pressure is a very delicate and individual balance.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Also just to put it on record, this 84th minute Joe Bryan winner will be very painful after alex leaving this week.

An 84th minute winner would indeed be painful however, as I don't really care once a player has left the club Joe Bryan scoring it wouldn't mean anything more than their other players. And just for the record  I'm a lot more optimistic than a lot of people on this forum and believe City have better players than at least 75% of the teams in the Championship and will win today.

Millwall are back 3, with wingbacks, 3 in CM and then Flemming and Bradshaw up front.

Flemming is not really a striker.. that central area could be quite congested again.

2 v 1 in wide areas an obvious advantage for us but that in turn can leave us or a side forcing it a bit vulnerable in transition. An early goal probably would help us a lot.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Millwall are back 3, with wingbacks, 3 in CM and then Flemming and Bradshaw up front.

Flemming is not really a striker.. that central area could be quite congested again.

2 v 1 in wide areas an obvious advantage for us but that in turn can leave us or a side forcing it a bit vulnerable in transition. An early goal probably would help us a lot.

Watmore and Bryan up front according to bbc?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, chowie said:

Great read thank you.

My Great Grandfather Alf 'Jasper' Geddes played for Millwall & Bristol City, I think this picture is displayed at The Den somewhere (or used to be)

Signed to Bristol City from Millwall (via Bedminster) in 1899 then stayed here and my Nan was born 11 years later.

GeddesAEMillwall-scaled.jpg?v=1608087982

A brilliant photo, thanks for sharing.

Looks like the subs bench was different back then.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
4 hours ago, chowie said:

Great read thank you.

My Great Grandfather Alf 'Jasper' Geddes played for Millwall & Bristol City, I think this picture is displayed at The Den somewhere (or used to be)

Signed to Bristol City from Millwall (via Bedminster) in 1899 then stayed here and my Nan was born 11 years later.

GeddesAEMillwall-scaled.jpg?v=1608087982

Great photo - thanks for sharing 

• Flames 1