IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Meh, I think we're doing fine. Tough game but we're getting a little more joy than we did last week. 

I do wish they'd bring back the rule that teams can't wear the same colour shorts.

It's an away game against a team that finished higher than is last season and we've had the better of it. That's better than Meh isn't it?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, pillred said:

As an aside what do people think of the coverage of SSN? I'm finding it very professional but lacking the matey humour of past seasons.

Is it me or is there a weird hue to the display? Maybe it's just a lighting thing. And I agree with who said about the vidiprinter, but it's slightly off. 

Overall it's fine - I think it was a mistake to make the seats further away from eachother though. Obviously never going to replace Jeff, but I don't mind most of the people on and I'm one of a few on here who finds Clinton quite amusing. 

• Like 2
Just now, mozo said:

It's an away game against a team that finished higher than is last season and we've had the better of it. That's better than Meh isn't it?

Didn't mean that. Used "Meh" as an informal opening to the post. "Fine" is the unimaginative adjective I chose to describe our performance so far. As in it's been satisfactory without exceeding any expectations.

4 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Is it me or is there a weird hue to the display? Maybe it's just a lighting thing. And I agree with who said about the vidiprinter, but it's slightly off. 

Overall it's fine - I think it was a mistake to make the seats further away from eachother though. Obviously never going to replace Jeff, but I don't mind most of the people on and I'm one of a few on here who finds Clinton quite amusing. 

The other thing with the vidiprinter is that it goes fainter during the ad breaks - presumably to try and get people to focus on the ads.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Didn't mean that. Used "Meh" as an informal opening to the post. "Fine" is the unimaginative adjective I chose to describe our performance so far. As in it's been satisfactory without exceeding any expectations.

Cool. I think we've done well. Just haven't got the final bit right in their box.

First half thoughts…

“Scary Millwall” is a myth, inside or outside. Just like any other away game.

We’ve been pretty poor. There’s no movement in midfield, no one wants to get on the ball after James and make it do something.

Handball looked a shout for pen, Bells was definitely a foul but not sure if it was in the box or not.

They've somehow managed to be even worse than us.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

0-0 HT, last 10 mins or so were good for us but chances not taken. Bell & Sykes too passive for me. Wells working hard, but he fluffed the chance to play in Knight with a weak pass. 

Definitely agree with those criticisms, but I do also think they've all done good thinks too, and Bell looks the most likely player on the pitch to turn the game.